Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    You know I have been on the site over 2 years now (I think) and I still don't know some of the PPO history or how things come about.
    One of those things is how PPO members were blessed with thier titles.

    If you have a one and aren't to ashamed could you please tell us new guys/gals the history behind your title.

    Here are some generic questions that might help.

    What is your title?

    When were you given your title?

    Was your title created over a single incident or was it a culmination of several incidents?

    Who started the initiative to get you your title?

    Do you like your title.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    What is your title? PP.O Bud Grant

    When were you given your title?
    I don't remember, last year some time

    Was your title created over a single incident or was it a culmination of several incidents? Over time

    Who started the initiative to get you your title? I believe Ultra, but if there was any public initiative to get me a title, I wasn't aware of it.
    I was on a streak of posting a lot of very analytical, thought out posts over the off season, and it was given to me.
    I didn't even notice it at first until I got a PM from Ultra.
    Talk about a great surprise.

    Do you like your title. Absolutely.
    I don't think I could fill the shoes of the person it is named for, but I am proud to have it.
    Hopefully my posts continue to live up to it.

    For me, titles are like raises at work.
    Everybody wants one, but the ones that you never ask for are the most appreciated...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #3
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know I have been on the site over 2 years now (I think) and I still don't know some of the PPO history or how things come about.
    One of those things is how PPO members were blessed with thier titles.

    If you have a one and aren't to ashamed could you please tell us new guys/gals the history behind your title.

    Here are some generic questions that might help.

    What is your title?

    When were you given your title?

    Was your title created over a single incident or was it a culmination of several incidents?

    Who started the initiative to get you your title?

    Do you like your title.

    I would hazard a guess that there are a few folks that have no clue what even precipitated them getting a title since its generally my spark of inspiration that grants most.

    Ask those that bug me for titles how quick they get them........NEVER!
    8)

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    "Webby" wrote:
    I would hazard a guess that there are a few folks that have no clue what even precipitated them getting a title since its generally my spark of inspiration that grants most.

    Ask those that bug me for titles how quick they get them........NEVER!

    8)
    Thanks my friend.
    Maybe you can follow the thread and fill in those details then.
    I am sure your take will be very intersting.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    I don't have a title, but my favorite has to be Baumy's "Vagina Slayer" title... I don't think it needs explaining.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    "C" wrote:
    I don't have a title, but my favorite has to be Baumy's "Vagina Slayer" title... I don't think it needs explaining.
    You might want to look again...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I don't have a title, but my favorite has to be Baumy's "Vagina Slayer" title... I don't think it needs explaining.
    You might want to look again...
    Nice! Again, I don't think it needs explaining.




    [size=1pt]
    Fire Childress[/size]
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    I have one, but I don't understand it.

  9. #9
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    Don't have one.. which is probably a good thing.. being a Packer fan an all.


  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: The Official "Explain Your Title Thread"

    What is your title? Your friend.

    When were you given your title? Today.

    Was your title created over a single incident or was it a culmination of several incidents? Over time.
    I guess I do use "My Friend" alot in my posts.

    Who started the initiative to get you your title? No one I guess.
    Webby did mention this one and PPO Cheerleader earlier this year.

    Do you like your title.
    I like it better than PPO Cheerleader
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Uffda, the thread title is greatest video ever
    By dfosterf in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
  2. The Officailly official thread for everything official
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
  3. The Official Official Thread
    By Potus2028 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
  4. Official "We Won" Thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 08:36 PM
  5. The Official "WTF?" Thread...
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 01:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •