scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

The Official 2010 Formula 1 Thread

The 2010 Season Preview - new beginnings in Bahrain

The return of Michael Schumacher; four world champions on the grid; at least three leading teams in which team mates will be fighting head-to-head for the title honours; and the prospect of drivers having to display genuine finesse in nursing their tyres now that refuelling has been banned.

Is it any wonder that 2010 is being billed as a fantastic season for the FIA Formula One World Championship?

First of all, there’s Michael Schumacher on the comeback trail, at 41 still as fit and focused as he was in his heyday when he won 91 Grand Prix victories and seven world titles. And the metamorphosis of Brawn GP into Mercedes GP signals the return of the Silver Arrows to Formula One racing for the first time since the team was withdrawn, victorious, at the end of 1955.

Then there’s Fernando Alonso, adding fresh charge to Ferrari, while Felipe Massa returns as healthy and determined as ever after his horrible accident at Hungaroring last July. Jenson Button is already settling in alongside Lewis Hamilton at McLaren, where he will be determined to prove that the 2008 champion is not going to wipe the floor with him.
    http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2010/3/10486.html

I know this is probably of more interest to the European element of PPO, but I'm really looking forward to the start of the new season this weekend. With the last 2 champions now team mates, Alonso in a Ferrari and the continued threat of Red Bull racing, it is sure to be interesting to watch. And that's not forgetting last years Champion winning team morphing into Mercedes, bringing with it the return of Schumacher. I think expecting a 41 year old to perform at the highest sporting level is a bit much to expect though.......

Re:The Official 2010 Formula 1 Thread

I've been a McClaren fan since I started following the sport. Hakkinen was still racing for them back then. I hope that Button and Hamilton will form a winning combination.

I must admit that I've missed half of these moves. I really wonder how Alonso will do with Ferrari.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    I've been a McClaren fan since I started following the sport. Hakkinen was still racing for them back then. I hope that Button and Hamilton will form a winning combination.

I must admit that I've missed half of these moves. I really wonder how Alonso will do with Ferrari.
    Last year Button looked like he was going to clinch the title in record time, however he faded badly as the other teams improved their cars as the season went on. So despite the fact he is world champion I think he is behind Hamilton right now, mainly because of Hamilton's years with McClaren. How the 2 interact and perform will be fun to watch during the season.

The good thing is the championship looks so open right now, in the past 1 or 2 teams superiority has made things pretty boring.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I know nothing about the sport but found this article interesting.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/03/mclaren-rear-wing?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_cam paign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%2 8Top+Stories+2%29%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetche r

Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I know nothing about the sport but found this article interesting.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/03/mclaren-rear-wing?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_cam paign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%2 8Top+Stories+2%29%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetche r
    I think the most incredible thing about the wings is that they give so much down force at 150km/h that theoretically the cars could drive upside down.

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/Article.aspx?aid=13512

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Go Alonso go!!!!!
    El underdog.