Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Offical Golden Gophers Thread...

I thought Brian Calhoun would have a big game.. I watched his first game and he did really really good.. I knew he was a good back

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Well Michigan's D was good for the 2nd week in a row this week even if it was against Eastern Michigan giving up like 133yards or something. I think as long as Henne doesn't play like he did last week Michigan will win because they have way to much talent.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

V4L

Yah as much as I would love to see the Gophs win I think the Wolverines will take this one.. We have been playing some pretty bad teams.. I wanna see us take on some ranked teams before I can really tell though

V4L

Anyone have stats for this game?

V4L

Anyone?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"fred3105" wrote:
    Brian Calhoun for Wisconsin is looking good again tonight 171yards against UNC.

Yeah with about 40 carries! If Maroney had that many carries he'd be close to 300 yards!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Not official stats but a lot of them included:
    The Gophers racked up 442 yards of total offense and jumped out to a 40-0 halftime lead and never looked back in a convincing 46-7 victory over Florida Atlantic this evening at the Metrodome. The Gophers improved to 3-0 in their final non-conference contest of the season. Laurence Maroney piled up 200 yards of all-purpose yardage and scored three touchdowns in the win. The Gophers finished the non-conference portion of their schedule outscoring their opponents 143-41.

Maroney was effective running and receiving the ball this evening. He ran for 145 yards on 20 carries and caught three passes for 55 yards, all in the first half. He opened Minnesota's scoring with a touchdown run of 38 yards on its first drive. He gave the Gophers a 14-0 lead just 5:30 into the game when he snatched a Bryan Cupito pass over the middle and scampered 37 yards for a score. It was Maroney's first career receiving touchdown. At the end of the second quarter, Maroney added his third score of the game on a 10-yard touchdown run.

Maroney wasn't the only Gopher doing damage on the ground. The team accumulated 349 rushing yards, averaging over seven yards a clip. Gary Russell ran for 116 yards on 11 carries and scored twice for the third straight game. Russell evaded several tacklers in a dramatic 47-yard touchdown run in the second quarter and added a 30-yard sprint in the third quarter to put the Gophers up 46-0. Amir Pinnix also tallied 83 yards on 15 carries.

Jared Ellerson scored the Gophers' other touchdown on a 56-yard bomb from Cupito down the middle of the field. Jason Giannini added field goals of 22 and 27 yards to complete the Gophers' scoring.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

We'll see what happens now that Big Ten season is here.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

They play Purdue this week right? Purdue is looking pretty good, Gophs win this one they will get some national respect.

I only get to see a few games living in Texas, but I saw the first two and besides Maroney I thought the defense looked a lot better then it has the last couple of years. Cupito seems to be hit and miss, looks great on one series then kind of brain farts. Looks like he's got a decent arm and can be a decent qb, but needs to get more consistent.

Should be a good year for the Gophers, tough to make it through the Big10 without a few setbacks, but look forward to a decent season.

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

They finally put Ohio State back on the schedule. That should be interesting. The last few years they've somehow missed them. If you really want to win the Big Ten, you have to beat all the big boys.

Don't get me wrong. I can't stand Ohio State. I really hope the Gophers beat them.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast