Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Off-Season Blues?

    Every year it's the same -- Posts like "No vowels" and "backward writing" on PP.O because people are bored with the offseason.
    My question is why?
    I know this is a Viking website but there's there lots of thing that are going on. The Gophers have a fairly good BB team this year. The Minnesota football signing had a lot of interest nationally. The Wild are doing OK. College basketball is always a blast to watch, especially the tournaments. Etc., etc.
    I know Garland Green and I post a bit about Minnesota basketball and football, but it seems these threads get little passing interest from the posters here.
    I guess I'm wondering if most people here don't like college sports? The Vikings are important, but they aren't the ONLY thing I watch sports-wise.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    People here are united through the Vikings.

    Not everybody here is united through the other MN sports.

  3. #3
    KrackerJack's Avatar
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,502

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    Really my first PPO off-season...after the season ends does it just slow down for a bit? i really don't know, didn't start actually posting more till recently...just notice a lot of the same kinds of threads goin...from the sounds of it, just a slump from the end of the superbowl to FA/Draft? I still enjoy postin and hangin here, i just kinda noticed that it is winding down a bit.

  4. #4
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    Really my first PPO off-season...after the season ends does it just slow down for a bit? i really don't know, didn't start actually posting more till recently...just notice a lot of the same kinds of threads goin...from the sounds of it, just a slump from the end of the superbowl to FA/Draft? I still enjoy postin and hangin here, i just kinda noticed that it is winding down a bit.
    This is my second offseason here.
    You'll notice a lot of mindless and silly threads along with the general NFL and viking articles

  5. #5
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    2nd offseason and 18000+ posts

    your a busy man

  6. #6
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    People here are united through the Vikings.

    Not everybody here is united through the other MN sports.
    So I guess that means I shouldn't get excited about anything other than the Vikes on here, huh?
    OK, just so I understand!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #7
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    People here are united through the Vikings.

    Not everybody here is united through the other MN sports.
    So I guess that means I shouldn't get excited about anything other than the Vikes on here, huh?
    OK, just so I understand!
    You can get exited about whatever you want, but the one thing we all have in common is the Vikes. Not the gophers or college BB.

  8. #8
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    People here are united through the Vikings.

    Not everybody here is united through the other MN sports.
    So I guess that means I shouldn't get excited about anything other than the Vikes on here, huh?
    OK, just so I understand!
    You can get exited about whatever you want, but the one thing we all have in common is the Vikes. Not the gophers or college BB.
    Gotcha. I won't post anymore Minnesota basketball stuff.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  9. #9
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    People here are united through the Vikings.

    Not everybody here is united through the other MN sports.
    So I guess that means I shouldn't get excited about anything other than the Vikes on here, huh?
    OK, just so I understand!
    You can get exited about whatever you want, but the one thing we all have in common is the Vikes. Not the gophers or college BB.
    Gotcha. I won't post anymore Minnesota basketball stuff.
    : I think you missed the point

  10. #10
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Off-Season Blues?

    As long as we dont stop the threads that contain pictures of the ladies.

    I use some of those pics for research as to what I should get the wife for Valentines Day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Asswater Blues.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 07:22 AM
  2. Roethlisberger has motorcycle blues?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 12:19 PM
  3. Anybody Here A Fan Of The Blues?
    By wordsofwisejcb in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
  4. Something to keep the offseason blues away.....
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 11:58 PM
  5. post draft, pre camp blues...
    By amavikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 02:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •