Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Odd foreign laws every tourist should know

[size=13pt]Odd foreign laws every tourist should know[/size]

July 30, 2009 2:52 PM

Milan - It is a legal requirement to smile at all times, except during funerals or hospital visits
    Massachusetts - Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of the car during their shifts.
    Denmark - People are legally obliged to honk the horn and check for small children underneath the car.
    Thailand -
    It is illegal for anyone to leave a building without wearing their pants.
    Michigan - Anyone bathing in public must have their swim suit inspected by a police officer.
    Florida - Any unmarried woman who parachutes on a Sunday could be jailed.
    Florida - Singing while wearing a cossie is strictly prohibited.
    Portugal - It is unlawful to urinate in the sea.
    Hong Kong -
    A betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill the mistress in any manner desired or kill the cheating husband with her bare hands.
    Switzerland - Flushing the loo after 10pm is illegal.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Odd foreign laws every tourist should know

I've been to a few spots down here in the South were they don't ever flush.

[img width=450 height=601]http://reformnow.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/outhouse.jpg[/img]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingMike" wrote:
    [quote]

Milan - It is a legal requirement to smile at all times, except during funerals or hospital visits
    Massachusetts - Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of the car during their shifts.
    only the front seat?

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:

Denmark - People are legally obliged to honk the horn and check for small children underneath the car.
    Thailand -
    Michigan - Anyone bathing in public must have their swim suit inspected by a police officer.
    Hong Kong -
    A betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill the mistress in any manner desired or kill the cheating husband with her bare hands.
    BS

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Thailand -
    Hong Kong -
    BS
    You should be arrested for not following your laws.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Thailand -
    Hong Kong -
    BS
    probably true, there are some very obscure laws out there that were put in place 100 years ago and were never overturned.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Thailand -
    Hong Kong -
    BS
    probably true, there are some very obscure laws out there that were put in place 100 years ago and were never overturned.
    I just checked our transportation laws to make sure. No where does it say anything remotely like that. The closest is;

§ 3. Trafficants must act responsibly and show awareness, so that they don't cause danger or harm or inconvinience to others, and so that the traffic is not unnessecarily hindered or disturbed. Consideration must also be taken to those that lives or appears near the road.

Part 2. Special consideration must be shown towards children, school patrols, elders and persons who [suffers from poor] sight or hearing or other bodily handicap or illness, which is an obstruction to transportation.

Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Thailand -
    Hong Kong -
    BS
    I just checked our transportation laws to make sure. No where does it say anything remotely like that. The closest is;

§ 3. Trafficants must act responsibly and show awareness, so that they don't cause danger or harm or inconvinience to others, and so that the traffic is not unnessecarily hindered or disturbed. Consideration must also be taken to those that lives or appears near the road.

Part 2. Special consideration must be shown towards children, school patrols, elders and persons who [suffers from poor] sight or hearing or other bodily handicap or illness, which is an obstruction to transportation.
    where di you check?

I'm sure there at some point was that law, and if it hasn't been overturned, its still technically a law.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:

Thailand -
    Hong Kong -
    BS

where di you check?

I'm sure there at some point was that law, and if it hasn't been overturned, its still technically a law.
    We have a database of all national laws and lawproposals. I use it regularly at work.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"cogitans" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingMike link=topic=52568.msg976636#msg976636 date=1248967030]

Thailand -
    Hong Kong -
    BS

where di you check?

We have a database of all national laws and lawproposals. I use it regularly at work.
    [/quote]

Damn you Danes. You're so........[size=8pt]efficient[/size].

[img width=450 height=337]http://thejosevilson.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast