Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY ban N-word

Re: NY ban N-word

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the way i see it if youre black its okay to say it. also its not that offensive (around here anyways) if you ended it in -AH instead of -ER.
    That makes sense.
    My friends and I call each other Crackah all the time.
    Definately offensive to call each other Cracker though.
    Hahaha I know what you mean dude, this white dude called me crackah and I was like yeah, my crackah wussup, then this black dude asked me why I let him call me cracker and I broke his jaw on the spot. ;D
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the way i see it if youre black its okay to say it. also its not that offensive (around here anyways) if you ended it in -AH instead of -ER.
    That makes sense.
    Hahaha I know what you mean dude, this white dude called me crackah and I was like yeah, my crackah wussup, then this black dude asked me why I let him call me cracker and I broke his jaw on the spot. ;D
    Either your full of BS or you need some serious mental therapy & some jail time.

You physically assault people causing bodily harm with very little provacation.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    That makes sense.
    Either your full of BS or you need some serious mental therapy & some jail time.

Or maybe it was a joke.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=160 height=120]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/ghuyhj/789969483_l.gif[/img]
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    [img width=160 height=120]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i275/ghuyhj/789969483_l.gif[/img]
    Well that sums it all up right there!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    My daughters boyfriend is black & he uses the term all the time.

It sounds like everyone will be banned from using it. I wonder how he feels about it.

I also wonder exactly how are they going to enforce this law?
    It's not a law..it's a resolution...BIG difference...kinda like TELLING someone to do something and BEGGING them to do it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    This should be in the 'Do Clowns scare you' thread

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I personally have several black friends, and have NEVER used the N word.. Not even joking around.. It is very offensive, and not needed.. I hear them call each other that, but that is between two African Americans..
    Social decency is not conditioned on who is using the word. If society deems a word inappropriate, then its inappropriate for everyone. If a word is used frequently, even by African-Americans, then the word has currency in the language. Its very usage makes the word relevant. If you think the word is vulgar, its vulgar for everyone. When a word is not used, and no one ever hears it used, then it disappears from the language. If its bad for the goose, its bad for the gander.

DanTheMan is offline Rookie

There is something inherently wrong with banning a word. Racial slurs and the like are offensive, but banning one word gives it place over all others. Is it more wrong for someone to call someone a f@g than a Ni@2^r? Saying that this particular word is illegal makes it more of a crime to use a word demeaning one group than any other. No word should be banned, except for the safety of individuals, that is a violation of freedom of speech, no matter what good it may do I never want thought or speech police in this country or any for that matter. I do not like this even if it is for "symbolic reasons," it sets a bad precedent something American law is based on.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:

That makes sense.

Or maybe it was a joke.
    Hey FVB,
    I thought it was funny.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast