StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Not into any sport other than NFL

Am I the only one who can't get into any sport other than pro football ?

NBA - lackluster teams waiting for the playoffs before they start to actually play hard (why are the commercials featuring NBA players more interesting than actually watching the players play basketball ?).

Hockey - still mad about that full year of the strike, and can't get into the "Wild" anyway. Not Canadian anyway.

Baseball - Roids. Roids. Oh, did I mention roids ? Petitte, Clemens, Bud Selig
    :P :P, Torii leaving, Santana gone
    >

NL pitchers on the Twins roster now from the Mets.
    :P Far too many games anyway for me to care until the playoffs start anyway. We already know who will be in the World Series (Boston vs. Mets).

Soccer - Ok, I have to admit, soccer is great, in Europe. I just can't get into it here. The World Cup is the best thing there is (I hate to admit that as a die-hard NFL fan, but it is). But I can't get into Mexican soccer, or U.S. soccer.

Golf - zzzzzz.

UFC - too much boring groundfighting. I like boxing better.

Boxing - corrupt and lame. Every fight is "the Championship".

College hoops - Just never got into it. That bald guy is soooo annoying, too. Still don't know what a "bracket" is, nor do I care, really.

When does pro football season start again ?

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Not into any sport other than NFL

The Vikes and the NFL are really the only sports i get into...i watch a little college ball, and i'm gonna try to get more into that next year...
    other than that, i don't watch any other sports..i play others, but i don't watch any, im with ya there.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

NBA- Can you give an example of the lackluster teams that would risk missing the playoffs by playing bad and then turn it on with a bad record and a bad seed?

Hockey- The shutout ended up fixing the cap problem and made the sport a more competitive sport, and it's not the Wild's fault you can't enjoy watching a good hockey team, and it doesn't matter what country you're from.

Baseball- Yes players took roids, they do in other sport too, but the vast majority of players are clean and you can't hold the few against the whole.
    There is still alot to be excited about in the Twins, but i'm guessing you don't actually follow the Twins so you wouldn't know other than the big names.
    Plus the Yankees have proven you don't know who is going to win(money doesn't buy championships) also we all knew the Patriots were going to win the SB right?

Soccer- Soccer is soccer, I don't know why you can't get into a sport just because it's not in a certain country or continent.
    I say "GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!!!!"

Golf- Slower sport, but still has all the strategy that makes a sport great, I've seen some great golfing matches, not every one will be exciting though.

UFC- It depends on which match you are watching, I've seen knockdown punchout fights, and i've seen submmision matches too.
    The ground fighting is what makes the UFC better than boxing in my opinion, it's not just who can dance around and take a punch, you have to defend against mixed martial arts, wresting, and submission moves.

Boxing-I know there isn't any big name fighters anymore, but there are still good fights if you don't mind watching guys who aren't household names.

College Hoops- So you don't like a single announcer so you can't get into hoops?
    Good reason

I can't wait until the football season again, but I also don't see any point what so ever in starting a thread soley to talk about how you don't like other sports.

I love sports, and I watch a full plate of different sports.
    We don't need an individual thread bashing other sports.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Baseball - Roids. Roids. Oh, did I mention roids ? Petitte, Clemens, Bud Selig
    , Torii leaving, Santana gone

NL pitchers on the Twins roster now from the Mets.
    Far too many games anyway for me to care until the playoffs start anyway. We already know who will be in the World Series (Boston vs. Mets).
    If you're a Twins fan you have to get used to that

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Quote: "Can you give an example of the lackluster teams that would risk missing the playoffs by playing bad and then turn it on with a bad record and a bad seed?"

Yes. They are called the Lakers.