Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Noreaster Storm (Blizzard Conditions) to hit CT..

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Ned, anytime ya need a weekend away (or a long weekend).... I door is wide open for ya. Same for any others out there that need to skip the cold for awhile .....
    Where in FL., are you mnjamie?

I may have to take you up on the offer sometime... :wink:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Yeah, we got about a foot of snow outside of DC...I just hit the slopes up in southern Pennsylvania and made the best of it! YEAH!!!
    My sister and I both liked to ski when younger... She ended up blowing up a knee and for me, well one can only have so many hobbies..

It was some of the best times of my life when I was single....God I miss all those snow bunnies.... :sad:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Man, ltrey, there is nothing going on in York!

I am going to be in York in April I do believe!
    What are you going to York for?

I was in York 3 times last year on business. Twice, I Flew into Harrisburg & drove to York. It was much better than driving in from Baltimore.

If your looking for a place to eat, I liked the Texas Roadhouse & Damon's.

They also have a Hooter's there.
    The Hooters got gutted man! They had a fire there a few months back and it burned basically everything on the inside. From what I heard they were remodeling it and bringing it back. I haven't been out that way in a while though, so I'm not sure if it's back in business or not.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Yeah, we got about a foot of snow outside of DC...I just hit the slopes up in southern Pennsylvania and made the best of it! YEAH!!!
    Where did you go Cajun?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ltrey33" wrote:
    The Hooters got gutted man! They had a fire there a few months back and it burned basically everything on the inside. From what I heard they were remodeling it and bringing it back. I haven't been out that way in a while though, so I'm not sure if it's back in business or not.
    :shock: It's always the best places that burn! What a travisty! :sad:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:
    Well we ended up with about 13" total, roads have been cleared, BUT I was out to pick up my son from work and some knucklehead just backed up into my truck....... about 3.5K damage- no airbags deployed- all were OK, but my truck is hurt, took 1.5 hours for the cops to show up and spend 15 min getting info- the good thing was this guy freely admitted fault.
    Nice to hear no one was hurt.

The airbags not deploying was probably a good thing. As expensive as they are to replace, the insurance co. probably would have "totaled" your truck

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:
    Well we ended up with about 13" total, roads have been cleared, BUT I was out to pick up my son from work and some knucklehead just backed up into my truck....... about 3.5K damage- no airbags deployed- all were OK, but my truck is hurt, took 1.5 hours for the cops to show up and spend 15 min getting info- the good thing was this guy freely admitted fault.
    Glad nobody was hurt. I ended up with 6 inches of the white stuff.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Must have been the eastern part! I only got a few inches here near Breezewood!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    How close to Tampa are you located, mnjamie?

15 minutes from TIA ... the airport ... look on the "Fan Locations" map, i have it down to the street on there.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Ned, anytime ya need a weekend away (or a long weekend).... I door is wide open for ya. Same for any others out there that need to skip the cold for awhile .....
    Where in FL., are you mnjamie?

I may have to take you up on the offer sometime... :wink:

Tampa .... 20 minutes from clearwater beach. It's a tourist trap, but their are many other gorgeous beaches that the locals mainly go to ... so they can avoid the tourist's and relax. I LOVE Honeymoon island state park ... isolated and just miles of open beach area on the Gulf with no hotels or tourist traps ... just natural beach that is untouched and clean shallow water to play in ... I go as often as possible.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/honeymoonisland/default.cfm

Here is a review someone wrote on it:

Looking for a quiet, pristine beach on with sugar fine sand? Pass up the crowded beaches for Honeymoon Island State Park & Caladesi Island, voted one of the top 10 U.S. beaches by "Dr. Beach".

Honeymoon Island was a link in the chain of barrier islands that extends from Anclote Key south to Cape Romano. In 1921, a hurricane split the island, forming Hurricane Pass and Caladesi Island to the south.

Americans got their first glimpse of Honeymoon Island in the early 1940's through newsreels and magazine ads which promised undiscovered pleasures for newlyweds. The palm-thatched bungalows, or cottages, sub-tropic climate and balmy breezes seemed perfect.

Visitors can observe one of the few remaining Florida virgin slash pine stands along the island's northern loop trail. These large trees serve as important nesting sites for the osprey. Other important coastal plant communities include mangrove swamps, seagrass beds, salt marshes, tidal flats, and sand dunes. Honeymoon Island has more than 208 species of plants and a variety of shore birds, including several threatened and endangered species.

Visitors can enjoy sunbathing or swimming in the warm Gulf waters, and pass fish.

The park boasts several nature trails, and bird observation areas. It also boasts the only "pet beach" in the state, so bring your furry, water loving friend.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456