PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony "The Bullet" Bonsante's fight on "The Contender" aired this evening. Bonsante lost to Jesse Brinkley, what might be the last fight of his career at 34.

Bonsante's first fight on the show was a Knock Out against Brent Cooper in the 3rd round. As the show progressed, he pulled his hamstring and looked to possibly be out of contention, however, he was able to heal enough to compete. Looking to be an "easy" target, others on the show competed through "challenges" to be the guy to fight him. The one to win the challenge and elect to fight Tony, was Jesse Brinkley. Through four rounds Jesse appeared to be out of the fight, losing 3-1 or possibly 4-0 on the scorecards to Bonsante going into the 5th. That's when the fight turned to THE WORSTE POSSIBLE SCENARIO! Bonsante was KO by a surprise uppercut with a little over 30 seconds left in the round! Tony was able to get up after the knock down, but was still visibly "stunned" and after a little more fighting the match was called. :sad:

Think back to '98. Our Vikes were on the verge of winning the Conference and going to the Super Bowl. But tragety struck. That's how I'm feeling tonight boys. To really spell it out....I Feel Like Sh*t!

Here's the link to help explain why... http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9242

Anyone else see this? It was almost like watching a bad movie. :boxing:

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I seen the last round and boy did he get his azz whiped. I don't understand the part where you compare it to the 98 vikes. I haven't really watched the show at all so I dont know anything about those guys. was he picked to go all the way or something? cause boy, he looked horrible in that last round. :boxing:

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I seen the last round and boy did he get his azz whiped. I don't understand the part where you compare it to the 98 vikes. I haven't really watched the show at all so I dont know anything about those guys. was he picked to go all the way or something? cause boy, he looked horrible in that last round. boxing
    He owned him the entire fight until half way through the fifth.

Check the "link" for the way I feel.

I compared the fight to the 98 Vikes because we should've won the game. Just about had it, -but didn't.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I see. Thanks for the insight. That show "contender" looks pretty good. I need to start watching it all the time.

Del Rio Guest

He got a very nasty cut over his right eye (I think it was his right) and they had to call the match. It was still a split decision even with him being knocked down.

No he wasn't expected to go all the way, he wasn't expected to win his first fight. That is why he was fun to watch for me anyway.

Del, your thinking of the fight a week ago. His name was Joey Gilbert, beat by Peter Manfredo. That fight was great as well. Actually they've all been entertaining. I haven't been much of a boxing fan, but I enjoy watching the heart and raw emotion that goes along with every match.

Everyone can check out all the previous fights by clicking this link http://contender.tv.yahoo.com/01/downloads/index.html and then click "Exclusive Video".

Del Rio Guest

You are absolutely right. I am a week behind

Anthony was the guy who some people were mad at because apparently in his 1st fight he picked a huge mismatch or something.

Eh I watch it on Wednesdays when they replay em

80_was_the_man is offline Training Camp

I love the show, watch it every week. I had Joey Gilbert surprsing everyone and winning it all but that didnt work out. Now I am going with Sergio "The Snake" Mora.

I love it cause every guy is out there giving it all heart to win this thing. And the last couple weeks its been all out slug fest every fight.