Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NO, Were being lied to!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Actually you guys were pretty slow with Iraq and Tsunami victims as well, but who's counting.
    "YOU GUYS"

I don't care if we were slow, we are always the ones to be counted on in time of need. Does Canada want to tag along too, grab onto our coat tail. I hate to sound like this. The world would survive with out us but if we stopped doing what we do, there would be a lot of dazed countries, scratching their heads, where is the US?

As far as our government though. The buddy that Bush appointed has no experience in disaster relief efforts. I just saw that someone hired the previous director to help out on the Relief efforts for LA.
    Actually Canada hs volunteered to help the US in this case. It remains to be seen if the world would be worse off if the US weren't such a superpower, but that is hypothetical, so there is no sense getting into that. I was simply saying that although the US is of great importance to the world community, it has deficiencies in responding to crisis' in a timely manner. That is all.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Ok I'm going to post a personal experience. I lived in North Dakota, back in 1997, now that year the Red River of the north backed up and flooded all of the Red River valley. FEMA response was awesome. They arrived 24 hours after the event with food, water, and shelter. Our conditions were not nearly as bad as New Orleans, but having your stuff under three feet of water 23 feet of water it doesn't matter your in a state of shock, coming to realize that a lot of what you built was now gone. FEMA helped get us our necessities and stabilize our lives.

I learned a couple years ago President Bush successfully diverted 40 percent of FEMA's budget to help fund the Homeland security agenda. I thought at the time hey thast sucks if we have a serious disaster. Well it comes and part of the lack of the response is becuase those fgunds were diverted. I put some of the blame of the response on this Presidency. MHO

Mike
    True, plus the national guard is not here, they are in IRAQ. The NG is is exactly what is in the name, NATIONAL Guard.

Homeland security is a joke.
    since it was created how many times have we been attacked?

yep

Using your logic GreenBaySlackers, if the government were to set up a hurricane protection fund, costing taxpayers billions, and no hurricanes occured for the next year, it would be a success?

Just because something is set up to stop something, doesn't mean it can't happen.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Using your logic GreenBaySlackers, if the government were to set up a hurricane protection fund, costing taxpayers billions, and no hurricanes occured for the next year, it would be a success?

Just because something is set up to stop something, doesn't mean it can't happen.
    not really... terrorism or people trying to harm you is something that is preventable, you can stop them before they get to you. and until it fails, yes, it is a success.

Weather is not controlable, but you can warn everyone to leave... which did happen...

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

not really... terrorism or people trying to harm you is something that is preventable, you can stop them before they get to you. and until it fails, yes, it is a success.

Weather is not controlable, but you can warn everyone to leave... which did happen...
    I don't think terrorism is as preventable as you think. With 2 years of post-secondary education I could probably make and honest attempt to create a biological weapon (Not that I ever would). Hell, you could probably look it up on the internet. Viruses, spores, bacteria etc. are easy to cultivate, and you could cause some serious harm by simply putting it in some city's water supply.

All I'm saying is you don't exactly have to highjack an airplane to commit terrorism anymore. What happened in London could have very easily happen in the US. In fact I think it would probably be relatively easy to get your hands on a nuclear warhead if you really wanted to, and just drive a truck with it across the border. It isn't as if they can inspect everything.

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

Not to change the subject here Los Angelis but california is not going to fall off into the ocean. Great parts will errode over millions of years but in about 100 to 200 milliion years LA will be in present day Alaska. We're shifting north my friend.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

I don't think terrorism is as preventable as you think. With 2 years of post-secondary education I could probably make and honest attempt to create a biological weapon (Not that I ever would). Hell, you could probably look it up on the internet. Viruses, spores, bacteria etc. are easy to cultivate, and you could cause some serious harm by simply putting it in some city's water supply.

All I'm saying is you don't exactly have to highjack an airplane to commit terrorism anymore. What happened in London could have very easily happen in the US. In fact I think it would probably be relatively easy to get your hands on a nuclear warhead if you really wanted to, and just drive a truck with it across the border. It isn't as if they can inspect everything.
    alot moreso than weather is, and if it's they did it to london and not the US, it shows the US is doing something right, since i'll bank on the fact that america isnt well liked by extremeists...

No offense GreenBaySlackers, but you're being naive. Weather was simply an extreme example I used.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    No offense GreenBaySlackers, but you're being naive. Weather was simply an extreme example I used.
    i may be acting naive, or i may be naive, i just can handle how how everyone pins everything on Bush. Everything is Bush's fault, as long as its bad.

now i know you didnt attack Bush, but it's just pissing me off all the crap thats getting thrown at him right now, hah thats a good analogy, its just like chimps flinging poo...

wether its the NAACP moaning about how they don't want the refugees to be called refugees or kanye west saying that bush doesn't care about black people.

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

I don't think people are pinning everything thats bad on Bush but more over his ineffectivness or inability to handle a situation more agresively. He has done very little to make many situations any better in this fine country of ours and is worse off with him in the drivers seat. He is a horrible president on many levels. Not saying he's all bad but he's not that good and IMO does not care whats best for this country and the people who make it up. Invading Iraq was just to finish off what daddy couldn't do because in the worlds eyes wasn't the agenda at the time. Plus would have put the US in a really bad place at that time. Bush has done nothing to keep church and state separate which is one of the bases that this country was founded on. We as people have increasingly less control of our lives and what we choose to do with it. Plus every time he does address the nation or a portion of it I just don't see him being a very affective leader. IMO he is just a pawn in the great political game as are most politicians.
    This is the ramblings of what I continually hear from intelligent and idiots alike. This isn't just about one or two different subjects, this is about the whole picture. Bush's popularity rating has went down, down, down and why do you think that is. Because he's doing a great job running this country? No because he is doing this country and it's people no good.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast