Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No more NFL clips on youtube?

I noticed many of the NFL cips have been removed.
    Lawsuits a pending.

Bayern threatens to sue YouTube
    SI.com
    Thursday November 2, 2006
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re: No more NFL clips on youtube?

Hmmmmm.

What if it is your own camera footage?

They can't claim ownership of the pictures you take I wouldn't think.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Freya" wrote:
    Hmmmmm.

What if it is your own camera footage?

They can't claim ownership of the pictures you take I wouldn't think.
    That's probably right. As long as they allow cameras in the stadiums they can't tell you not to put it up.

But the problem might be that most of the clips you see from sports events is taken from TV.

I think it's dificult for a person standing in one spot to capture the best plays of any game with one camera.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Youtube sent me an email and they took my Nap video off youtube!
    I am sure the others will be yanked soon.

Here is the email:

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by The National Football League claiming that this material is infringing:

Napoleon Harris "The Real Deal": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B6pR3Gloyc

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

(A) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.

(B) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.

(C) A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

(D) The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriberis address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.

Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:

DMCA Complaints
    YouTube, Inc.
    1000 Cherry Ave.
    Second Floor
    San Bruno, CA 94066
    Email: copyright@you[email protected]

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
    YouTube, Inc.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Damn! Google ruined Youtube!

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I was surprised google spent all that money acquiring youtube in the first place as the potential for being sued for copyright theft is enormous. If all the sports footage gets removed, which I think will be a never ending task, I for one will certainly miss it.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The NFL will be gearing up for web broadcasts soon, similar to what mlb.com offers.
    That will be nice.
    I'll miss the sports clips on youtube though.
    I'm sure they'll show up somewhere else.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hopefully they will be right here!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Youtube sent me an email and they took my Nap video off youtube!
    I am sure the others will be yanked soon.

Here is the email:

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by The National Football League claiming that this material is infringing:

Napoleon Harris "The Real Deal": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B6pR3Gloyc

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

(A) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.

(B) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.

(C) A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

(D) The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriberis address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.

Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:

DMCA Complaints
    YouTube, Inc.
    1000 Cherry Ave.
    Second Floor
    San Bruno, CA 94066
    Email: [email protected]

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
    YouTube, Inc.
    Hmmmm! so you're to blame! LOL!
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

That sucks!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!