"whackthepack" wrote:
"SnoBumMN" wrote:
"whackthepack" wrote:
"SnoBumMN" wrote:
"whackthepack" wrote:
last year a guy was given a DUI for driving his mower while he was drunk, he was running over the neighbors flower bed but he was drunk what do you expect. I have heard of people getting them on 4 wheelers, boats and they give them to snowmobilers all the time and those vehicles are not legal on highways, so do those people all now get their DUI's removed from their records
No.

He didn't get a ticket for comiiting a public traffic violation because he wasn't on public roads or ground.

He was on private property, operating a vehicle that is not required to be registered.

Neither did the Zamboni driver he was in a building.
Isn't that what I just said?
Ok I thought you were referring to the lawn guy but you were referring to the Zamboni driver.

But the lawn mower guy was on private property on a vehicle that doesn't have to be registered and it said in the article that it was because the Zamboni wasn't a vehicle that wasn't equipped or allowed to operate on a highway, but neither is the lawn mower and that guy got a DUI.

A judge ruled the four-ton ice rink-grooming machines aren't motor vehicles because they aren't useable on highways and can't carry passengers.
Yeah, but did he go to court to fight it, or did he just pay the fine?

If he had gone to court with a lawyer, he most likely would have gotten off...

Also, it isn't uncommon for a judge to drop a charge if it seems unreasonable.