Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: No baggy pants, no sideways hats - Apartment complex institutes a dress code

Does this mean you can't walk naked down the halls?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: No baggy pants, no sideways hats - Apartment complex institutes a dress code

"WVV" wrote:
    Does this mean you can't walk naked down the halls?
    Nope, you can.
    You just can't have your hat on sideways at the same time. ;D LOL
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

My only concern is, if everyone dressed respectable, and NOT how they truely are, how are you going to spot the problem people?

And, where are they planning on these people moving? You can take the gangsta out the hood, but not the hood out the gangsta.

I say leave them all in one area and let them do one another in.

I dunno it could work. Here in Philly they put a dress code for public school and a lot less fights have been occuring. Also, a lot of kids were getting robbed for Jerseys. They had a big story on how some kid recently died after battling for like a year because he didn't want to give his AI jersey up and these kids shot him. I really don't see how you can really do this at an apt complex though.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

whatever works I guess.

I know I wouldn't like anyone telling me how to dress but than again, I don't wear baggy pants and I have never owned a hat before.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

They may be within their rights to have a dress code that would be for a court to decide, but if you want to make a difference evict the trouble making tenants and leave the rest alone.

If they have a security company I would be willing to bet they could name every apt that is a problem and get 98% of them right, so you evict those tenants and your problem is solved.
    But somebody would say they are violating their civil rights doing that so that won't happen.

About 15 years ago I was living in an apartment complex in Eden Prairie in an up scale neighborhood and the rent was steep, but it was a nice place to live and a few Viking players lived in the same complex and I would see them around the building.

Hennepin County decided that the city didn't have enough low income housing and they forced the city to bring in more low income families, this lady and her 18 year old son moved into the apartment right below mine and the second night they were their at 2:00 in the morning they had their stereo turned up as load as it would go, and this happened the next night and it's during the week and I have to be up at 6:30 in the morning for work.

I went to the management company but they said because of the situation there was nothing they could do about it, but they would talk to the lady and see if she could keep the music down.

Nothing happened of coarse so I went down to talk to her myself and see if I could get them to stop playing the music late at night.
    This late 30's crack whore greasy hair skank answers the door, I can see inside the apartment and it is a frickin mess and they have only been there 4 days.
    So I asked her if she could keep the music down late at night and she said they would play their music when ever they wanted!
    Then her 18 year old white trash skinny son comes to the door and tried to be the tough guy and I told him to shut the f*ck up our pound the crap out of him and they shut the door.

That night was Friday night and of course the music got cranked up late that night and finally shut off at like 6:00 in the morning, so I waited tell about 8:00 O'clock in the morning when I knew they both would be a sleep and like I wrote earlier I have the apartment right above theirs.

I had a pretty kick-jiggly butt stereo with sub woofer and 4 large (I mean large speakers) so I set all the speakers face down on the floor of the apartment including the sub woofer and then I put on Metallica's Black Album on the CD player and turned the stereo as load as it would go, and then I went to McDonald's and had some breakfast and then came back home and the CD was about done playing.

I never ever heard their stereo at night again!

They were kicked out about 2 months later when her white trash son was caught setting off the fire alarms in the building it had happened about 6 times in a 2 week period and they removed them that day and wouldn't let them even stay there overnight!

So the morale of the story it is easy to see who the trouble makers are and to deal with them and leave the rest of the people alone.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think it's a great idea, good for them!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12