Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Nine killed in shootings inside shopping mall

(CNN) -- Police were searching for a person who fired shots Wednesday at the popular Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska, killing two people and wounding a number of others.

The dead were a man and a woman, according to Creighton University Medical Center.

Another woman was in critical condition.

The shooting took place at the Von Maur store inside the shopping complex, which was locked down, the Nebraska State Patrol said.

Paramedics were at the scene. At least two people were seen being taken from the shopping complex on stretchers and placed in an ambulance.

Shoppers and employees walked out of the building with their hands up. Some described hiding in clothes racks and dressing rooms after hearing the shots.

"I was standing around getting ready to go back to work and all of a sudden I heard this bang, bang, bang -- it sounded like someone shooting fireworks," a witness told CNN affiliate KETV. "I ran to get away from whatever was happening."

Shoppers described scenes of horror as they fled the mall.

"We heard about 35, 40 shots, and on our way our we did see someone down by the escalator, bleeding," Jennifer Cramer told KETV.

Another witness said people started running frantically from the Von Maur area saying there was a shooting.

"I heard three loud pops," said mall employee Charissa Tatoon. "Immediately after that, there was a series of maybe 20 to 25 more shots up on the third floor." She said she saw a man shot on the second floor and "at least four or five" people brought out on gurneys.

Another woman who works at the mall said she saw a woman shot, and added that the shots seemed to be coming from inside the Von Maur store, on an upper level.

People were gathering outside the mall, checking on loved ones believed to be inside.

The University of Nebraska Medical Center said it had received one patient, a man shot in the upper arm. He was listed in critical condition and was taken into the operating room, said hospital spokeswoman Andrea McMaster.

The hospital was awaiting the arrival of two more people, but was unaware of their conditions, McMaster said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/05/mall.shooting/index.html

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Nine killed in shootings inside shopping mall

I don't think I will ever understand what brings a person to do something like that.
    The world is beautiful no matter what situation you are in...you just need to learn to breathe...

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Not again. Those poor people, who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Too many innocent people dying.
    :'(

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    (CNN) -- Police were searching for a person who fired shots Wednesday at the popular Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska, killing two people and wounding a number of others.

The dead were a man and a woman, according to Creighton University Medical Center.

Another woman was in critical condition.

The shooting took place at the Von Maur store inside the shopping complex, which was locked down, the Nebraska State Patrol said.

Paramedics were at the scene. At least two people were seen being taken from the shopping complex on stretchers and placed in an ambulance.

Shoppers and employees walked out of the building with their hands up. Some described hiding in clothes racks and dressing rooms after hearing the shots.

"I was standing around getting ready to go back to work and all of a sudden I heard this bang, bang, bang -- it sounded like someone shooting fireworks," a witness told CNN affiliate KETV. "I ran to get away from whatever was happening."

Shoppers described scenes of horror as they fled the mall.

"We heard about 35, 40 shots, and on our way our we did see someone down by the escalator, bleeding," Jennifer Cramer told KETV.

Another witness said people started running frantically from the Von Maur area saying there was a shooting.

"I heard three loud pops," said mall employee Charissa Tatoon. "Immediately after that, there was a series of maybe 20 to 25 more shots up on the third floor." She said she saw a man shot on the second floor and "at least four or five" people brought out on gurneys.

Another woman who works at the mall said she saw a woman shot, and added that the shots seemed to be coming from inside the Von Maur store, on an upper level.

People were gathering outside the mall, checking on loved ones believed to be inside.

The University of Nebraska Medical Center said it had received one patient, a man shot in the upper arm. He was listed in critical condition and was taken into the operating room, said hospital spokeswoman Andrea McMaster.

The hospital was awaiting the arrival of two more people, but was unaware of their conditions, McMaster said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/05/mall.shooting/index.html

BLV, enough bad news.......Can you find something happy and positive for us all to enjoy?.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Seven people died at the scene, and two -- a man and a woman -- died after reaching Creighton University Medical Center.

Three of the wounded are in critical condition.
    Just utterly stupid.
    Why did these people have to die like this?
    God be with them and their families.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Some people find it impossible to live in this world. One of the downfalls of our civilization, and especially in America, is that every so often, people snap.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Seven people died at the scene, and two -- a man and a woman -- died after reaching Creighton University Medical Center.

Just utterly stupid.

Sad part is, this guy will get some snake ass lawyer to stick up for him.........

He should be hung in the parking lot....

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Some people find it impossible to live in this world. One of the downfalls of our civilization, and especially in America, is that every so often, people snap.

Yea, but you can Snap without killing inocent people, I'm proof of that......

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Just utterly stupid.

Sad part is, this guy will get some snake jiggly butt lawyer to stick up for him.........

He should be hung in the parking lot....
    I don't think that will help him much anymore.
    Turn out he was (thankfully) one of the nine.

A gunman killed eight people and wounded five others Wednesday at the popular Westroads Mall in Omaha, Nebraska, before apparently turning the gun on himself, police said.

A law enforcement source identifies the gunman as Robert A. Hawkins, 19 or 20 years old.

"We do not believe that we have any other shooter," said Sgt. Teresa Negron.
    "The person we believe to be the shooter has died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound."

A law enforcement source identified the gunman as Robert A. Hawkins.

He was believed to be about 19 or 20, said another law enforcement official, who asked not to be identified because of the ongoing investigation.

Hawkins' mother found a suicide note at his home saying he wanted to "go out in style," the official said.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast