Re: Nick Adenhart, Angels Pitcher, Killed In Car Accident

The U.S. should just go to zero tolerance like some countries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drink_driving

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Don't you think that driving while you shouldn't is reckless endangerment as well though?

And the reason I said I don't find it much different is because if you shoot a gun and don't kill someone u can still get charged with stuff.. You can drink and drive and not kill anyone but still get charged with something

It is.

Depending on the circumstances you can definitely be charged with reckless endangerment if you drive under the influence.

But that doesn't make it murder, cause if you just go shoot into a crowd of people you clearly have intent to kill.

I feel it should be murder.. And not just only after a plea bargin

Now I realize it has to have intent to be murder.. I think just being dumb enough to drive drunk and if you kill someone.. That should be enough.. Not directly intent.. But I think it should be charged that way

Too many people are getting off with a slap on the wrist.. And I don't like it.. Fix this shit please otherwise we will see stories like this all the time

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Don't you think that driving while you shouldn't is reckless endangerment as well though?

And the reason I said I don't find it much different is because if you shoot a gun and don't kill someone u can still get charged with stuff.. You can drink and drive and not kill anyone but still get charged with something

It is.

Depending on the circumstances you can definitely be charged with reckless endangerment if you drive under the influence.

But that doesn't make it murder, cause if you just go shoot into a crowd of people you clearly have intent to kill.

I feel it should be murder.. And not just only after a plea bargin

Now I realize it has to have intent to be murder.. I think just being dumb enough to drive drunk and if you kill someone.. That should be enough.. Not directly intent.. But I think it should be charged that way

Too many people are getting off with a slap on the wrist.. And I don't like it.. Fix this shit please otherwise we will see stories like this all the time
    Yes but then all other cases where someone is not acting under a healthy mind - such as drugs, sleepwalking, or being told by someone else to do it - would all have to be under the same type of law. The whole law would have to change. It would not be that simple to just change the laws to say if you kill someone while driving drunk, it is charged as murder.
    We're bringing purple back.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    The argument is pretty useless anyway. We all agree he killed someone. We all agree (I think) that he should be punished.

To me though, he had a choice and he made it. He knew, as well as everyone does, the consequences and decided to do it anyway. That is why I don't see it as an accident and that is why I think it is murder. It all comes down to the choice to me.
    He did not intend to kill the people, it is not murder.

He intended to drive drunk. Making him liable for their deaths and the charge of negligent homicide or vehicular manslaughter.

It is not murder. I'm not debating, I'm stating fact.

Look up a case People vs. Decina(it might be US vs. Decina) and tell me if Decina is a murderer. Then think about the consequences of labeling him as so, and all the other offenders that would be labeled murderers because of the precedent that would be set.

I apologize if that came off really "asshole-y," but by definition it is not murder.
    Shouldn't that describe every drunk driver? They know it's bad but they do it anyway
    Yes, it should.

But you also can't charge someone with manslaughter if they don't kill anyone.

But if they do they should be charged with murder

I don't see it as much different then firing ur gun around in public.. If you don't kill anyone you won't get charged
    Unless your name is Plaxico.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"josdin00" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=happy camper link=topic=51382.msg933799#msg933799 date=1239501852]
    The argument is pretty useless anyway. We all agree he killed someone. We all agree (I think) that he should be punished.

To me though, he had a choice and he made it. He knew, as well as everyone does, the consequences and decided to do it anyway. That is why I don't see it as an accident and that is why I think it is murder. It all comes down to the choice to me.
    He did not intend to kill the people, it is not murder.

He intended to drive drunk. Making him liable for their deaths and the charge of negligent homicide or vehicular manslaughter.

It is not murder. I'm not debating, I'm stating fact.

Look up a case People vs. Decina(it might be US vs. Decina) and tell me if Decina is a murderer. Then think about the consequences of labeling him as so, and all the other offenders that would be labeled murderers because of the precedent that would be set.

I apologize if that came off really "asshole-y," but by definition it is not murder.
    Shouldn't that describe every drunk driver? They know it's bad but they do it anyway
    Yes, it should.

But you also can't charge someone with manslaughter if they don't kill anyone.

But if they do they should be charged with murder

I don't see it as much different then firing ur gun around in public.. If you don't kill anyone you won't get charged
    Unless your name is Plaxico.
    [/quote]

he didn`t get charged for attempted murder, he essentially got charged because he`s a frickin idiot.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567