Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Nick Adenhart, Angels Pitcher, Killed In Car Accident

As much as this site makes me happy, it can make me really sad too.
    This is so sad. Thoughts and prayers with his family, friends, and teammates
    We're bringing purple back.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Sad, sad story for sure. Any death because of a drunk driver is terrible, but the victim being so young makes it doubly tragic. I remember a few times I drove drunk, back when I used to drink, and there was one time in particular that I cannot remember getting home. It's a MIRACLE I didn't kill someone.

Edit: So sad for the other two in his car as well who perished.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

way too young

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    I am trying to stay off the old soap box here, but I am going to call it what it is "~messed up~ UP" As much as you don't want a thing like this to happen maybe if enough "Name" people have this effect them Like Nick Adenhart, or bad like Stallworth, they will do something more about people getting behind the wheel and driving drunk. Bottom line you get behind the wheel,
    drive drunk and kill someone
    Murder 1. Your life is over and you can rot in jail for all I care. Seriously enough of the slap on the wrist and they get out and do teh same thing over and over again.
    You want to stop them from driving? put them somewhere where they never will be able to again.
    Sorry for the strong opinion but I have had friends get killed by drunk drivers and I am tired of seeing the driver get back out on the street and do the same thing over and over. When will it change?
    Marrdro can be heard singing......."Did you ever know your my hero"........

Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I am trying to stay off the old soap box here, but I am going to call it what it is "~messed up~ UP" As much as you don't want a thing like this to happen maybe if enough "Name" people have this effect them Like Nick Adenhart, or bad like Stallworth, they will do something more about people getting behind the wheel and driving drunk. Bottom line you get behind the wheel,
    Murder 1. Your life is over and you can rot in jail for all I care. Seriously enough of the slap on the wrist and they get out and do teh same thing over and over again.
    You want to stop them from driving? put them somewhere where they never will be able to again.
    Sorry for the strong opinion but I have had friends get killed by drunk drivers and I am tired of seeing the driver get back out on the street and do the same thing over and over. When will it change?

Excellent post My Sexy Little Pixie.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    This is a problem nation wide and until people step up to the plate and make our legislators, and judiciary to take this seriously more are going to die.
    The guy who did this was driving on a suspended DL because of a previous DUI.
    Yesterday, here in Bakersfield, a guy was sentenced to 1 year for killing an eight year old while driving drunk.
    Justice at times is not only blind, but deaf, numb and paralyzed in some cases. :'(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Excellent post My Sexy Little Pixie.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    This is a problem nation wide and until people step up to the plate and make our legislators, and judiciary to take this seriously more are going to die.
    The guy who did this was driving on a suspended DL because of a previous DUI.
    Yesterday, here in Bakersfield, a guy was sentenced to 1 year for killing an eight year old while driving drunk.
    Justice at times is not only blind, but deaf, numb and paralyzed in some cases. :'(
    And to think, some people believe they will learn thier lesson and not do it again..... :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Man charged with murder and DUI in pitcher's death

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/10/california.pitcher.killed/index.html

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

In the Stallworth thread there were multiple people talking about how his situation didn't deserve prison time.

Funny those people are silent in this thread when the sports player is a victim rather than perpetrator.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Murder charges?

Is there any evidence to indicate he intended to kill these people?

"Mr" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

Murder charges?

Is there any evidence to indicate he intended to kill these people?
    If you are stupid enough to drive drunk your intending to do a lot of things

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast