Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Nick Adenhart, Angels Pitcher, Killed In Car Accident

TMZ reports that 22-year-old Los Angeles Angels rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a hit-and-run car accident early Thursday morning — just hours after pitching six shutout innings against the Oakland A's:

Cops say someone driving a minivan blew through a red light and hit the Mitsubishi that Adenhart was riding in. Three people were killed in the crash, including Nick.

Cops say the person driving the van fled the scene -- but was later caught and charged with felony hit-and-run.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/09/nick-adenhart-angels-pitc_n_185133.html
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Nick Adenhart, Angels Pitcher, Killed In Car Accident

That's tragic... how awful.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

WOWWWW

RIP Nick

Truley is sad to see so many young people go out.. Expecially with things like this

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

WOW......RIP my f r i e n d.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Jilly is offline Coach

I just saw this on the news. I guess he was from Maryland. Very sad.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-mlb/20090409/Angels-Pitcher.Killed/

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two other people were killed Thursday by a suspected drunk driver just hours after the rookie made his first start of the season.

The Angels postponed Thursday night's game with Oakland and players planned to gather to remember their teammate, manager Mike Scioscia said.

``It is a tragedy that will never be forgotten,' he said at an Angel Stadium news conference.

The 22-year-old Adenhart was a passenger in a silver Mitsubishi Eclipse that was broadsided in an intersection in neighboring Fullerton at about 12:30 a.m. by a minivan that apparently ran a red light, police said.

The impact spun around both vehicles, and one then struck another car but that driver was not hurt, police said.

The minivan driver fled the crash scene on foot and was captured a half-hour later. Police identified him as Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, of Riverside, and said he had a suspended license because of a previous drunken driving conviction.

Preliminary results indicated Gallo's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit, Fullerton police Lt. Kevin Hamilton said.

V4L

Should this drunk driver not get punished to the fullest extent either?

Dude took a young promising mans life.. So stupid

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I am trying to stay off the old soap box here, but I am going to call it what it is "FUCKED UP" As much as you don't want a thing like this to happen maybe if enough "Name" people have this effect them Like Nick Adenhart, or bad like Stallworth, they will do something more about people getting behind the wheel and driving drunk. Bottom line you get behind the wheel,
    drive drunk and kill someone
    Murder 1. Your life is over and you can rot in jail for all I care. Seriously enough of the slap on the wrist and they get out and do teh same thing over and over again.
    You want to stop them from driving? put them somewhere where they never will be able to again.
    Sorry for the strong opinion but I have had friends get killed by drunk drivers and I am tired of seeing the driver get back out on the street and do the same thing over and over. When will it change?

V4L

"Garland" wrote:
    I am trying to stay off the old soap box here, but I am going to call it what it is "FUCKED UP" As much as you don't want a thing like this to happen maybe if enough "Name" people have this effect them Like Nick Adenhart, or bad like Stallworth, they will do something more about people getting behind the wheel and driving drunk. Bottom line you get behind the wheel,
    drive drunk and kill someone
    Murder 1. Your life is over and you can rot in jail for all I care. Seriously enough of the slap on the wrist and they get out and do teh same thing over and over again.
    You want to stop them from driving? put them somewhere where they never will be able to again.
    Sorry for the strong opinion but I have had friends get killed by drunk drivers and I am tired of seeing the driver get back out on the street and do the same thing over and over. When will it change?
    +1

And I would still feel the same way even if it wasn't just a young kid who just got his first start in the pros.. Makes it a little more sad.. But never the less no one should have their life ended over someone having a few drinks and driving

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Not a baseball guy, so I don't know who he is, but this is sad.
    Like people posted before, it's tradgic and terrible when people take a chance on drinking and driving, it's just never worth it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast