Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL vs. NHL: Which is the most brutal game (with Video)

"Prophet" wrote:
    Tough call, but, having played both I have to go with hockey.
    Nonstop action at high speeds versus a considerable down-time between plays in football.
    Either way, they are both brutal games, maybe there should have been another choice with a tie.
    Unfortunately, I don't follow professional hockey anymore, banned it from my schedule when the Stars left to a pansy-ass nonhockey state.
    NORM GREEN SUCKS!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"singersp" wrote:
    "ryanmurphy" wrote:
    A good argument could be made for either side.
    F=MA.
    The NFL has more "M", but the NHL has more "A".
    The tie breaker for me is the bloodied up NHL'er who spits out his teeth and gets stiched up right on the bench so he can make his next shift vs the primadonna football player who misses three starts because he has "turf-toe".
    I gotta go with the NHL...
    They both have their share of brutality & injuries. I guess it depends on what you'd rather have. A split lip & some teeth missing or your leg flopping around your knee in a direction it's not meant to go.
    A little bit more the a split lip here...

[youtube=425,350]0UfwBX_TIxE[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]g3vbtZeMnWc[/youtube]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

No face masks in Hockey so that gets my vote. I seriously wonder about hockey players mental ability. Your playing a game on ice with wooden sticks, steel blades and a hard rubber puck that travels over 100mph. Then you look around the locker room and most of the players are missing teeth and have crooked noses. Common sense would say wear a face mask so that your face doesn't get mangled by any of said objects that could severely mess up your face. duh?

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

The most brutal game is rugby. And lacrosse is certainly worth throwing in the mix.

Between the hockey and football, it's a tough call. Hockey seems more likely to give you more consistent injuries that are often bloody, but (as Singer pointed out) football seems more likely to give a leg snapped in half.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Um... considering a Hockey player got his throat slashed ON THE ICE this season... I'm gonna have to go Hockey.

Not to mention the little girl who died in the stands of a Hockey game when she was hit with the puck...

Football is violent, no doubt... but Hockey is brutal.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"C" wrote:
    Um... considering a Hockey player got his throat slashed ON THE ICE this season... I'm gonna have to go Hockey.

Not to mention the little girl who died in the stands of a Hockey game when she was hit with the puck...

Football is violent, no doubt... but Hockey is brutal.
    Wasn't the first time a throat was cut from a skate...Go back and look at a Bruins/Blues game many years ago...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    The most brutal game is rugby. And lacrosse is certainly worth throwing in the mix.
    I call BS.

You find me a play in rugby, lacrosse, hockey, Aussie football or anything else that is as violent as a WR going over-the-middle and getting obliterated by a strong safety.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    I call BS.

You find me a play in rugby, lacrosse, hockey, Aussie football or anything else that is as violent as a WR going over-the-middle and getting obliterated by a strong safety.

=Z=
    There's not much in the world for lacrosse videos, or video makers, or dedicated fans. So it would be much easier to find great football injuries. But seriously a sport where;

Wooden stick to throat contact is inevitable.
    So are jump catches.
    Almost every pass is up in the air.
    There are boards.
    It's legal to hit people when they are trying to pick up a ball or passing/shooting.

I think Lacrosse could rival football.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    I call BS.

=Z=
    Watch the All-Blacks....Any sport that requires you to tape your ears to your head so they don't get ripped/bit/ or pulled off is a brutal sport...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    I call BS.

=Z=

Ask and ye shall receive.
    You see, the difference here is the lack of these protective thingies football players wear called pads. Your argument may have held more water back in the day when helmet to helmet hits were more tolerated. But football has become much safer. BTW, the last one is particularly fun.

[youtube=425,350]cFEOWQHGl6w&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]lNTCyydpG1s[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]D0ZcvqDKSso&feature=related[/youtube]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast