Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFL vs. NHL: Which is the most brutal game (with Video)

Good points Singer, but also.. did you not see the man checked THROUGH the plexiglass?
    Or the guy going over the boards at full speed hitting the pipe as the glass begins again (that hurts, had a shoulder over the boards even catching that hurts like a mofo.... knocked a kid unconscious putting his head into that pylon once his high school..).

I actually LOVE this debate because it's go so many points and counterpoints.

Football has MORE contact, hockey has more big hits, yet football may have more HUGE hits...but even that may be debatable, as the clips show.

Truthfully, both are amazing sports that I love.
    I think from a health standpoint, football is more dangerous as far as injuries are concerned (and I broke two vertabrae playing hockey saying that hockey is "safer")...
    both have a fair amount of serious injuries (neck/spinal injuries), though football seems to leave more people hurt due to nasty sprains and blown knees)....

Either way, I love both sports passionately.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

morepepper is offline Rookie

Yea those are gruesome injuries singer but do football players ever take pucks or sticks to the face and leave chicklets on the field, do they fight, do they get hit into boards? Not saying that hockey is more brutal but you cant just look at a few knee injuries and make a decision.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"morepepper" wrote:
    Yea those are gruesome injuries singer but do football players ever take pucks or sticks to the face and leave chicklets on the field, do they fight, do they get hit into boards? Not saying that hockey is more brutal but you cant just look at a few knee injuries and make a decision.
    If they'd just invent "Ice Football" on skates, the answer would be oh so clear.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "morepepper" wrote:
    If they'd just invent "Ice Football" on skates, the answer would be oh so clear.
    Patent it, that'd be some wild shit!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"morepepper" wrote:
    Yeah, but those hockey players could not be dumbasses and protect their faces, so losing teeth is their own damn fault.
    If football players didn't have face/mouthguards, they would lose just as many, if not more, teeth.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

ok points for both sides for being full contact.
    that aside.

1. injuries happen in both. from broken bones, concussions, bruises, welts, and the feeling that a train just hit u. i've seen narly injuries in hockey.. worst ever.. a friend blocked a slap shot.. andi t broke his nutcup inwards.. ripping open the protected jewels.

2. playing field.
    Hockey is much more contained, walls keep the game closed in, football is much more wide open. depending on which side of the debate u use this is a factor.

3. in both the saying "the puck/football goes nowhere without the man" can apply

4. both sports train from a young age the skill of hitting and both apply protective gear due to this

5. surface.. ok. hockey wins this as i've landed on both grass/turf and ice.. and.. ice is unforgiving..

6. hits.
    in football rarely will the same guy get hit 3-4 times in a 3 min span.. this happens a lot in hockey.

7. the only real difference i can say is thta in hockey when yer hit u get back up and keep playing at full speed. in football.. u have a few seconds to recover before going back into the mouth of the beast.

to be honest. i really enjoy football. but i luv hockey!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Tough call, but, having played both I have to go with hockey.
    Nonstop action at high speeds versus a considerable down-time between plays in football.
    Either way, they are both brutal games, maybe there should have been another choice with a tie.
    Unfortunately, I don't follow professional hockey anymore, banned it from my schedule when the Stars left to a pansy-ass nonhockey state.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

A good argument could be made for either side.
    F=MA.
    The NFL has more "M", but the NHL has more "A".
    The tie breaker for me is the bloodied up NHL'er who spits out his teeth and gets stiched up right on the bench so he can make his next shift vs the primadonna football player who misses three starts because he has "turf-toe".
    I gotta go with the NHL...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    A good argument could be made for either side.
    F=MA.
    The NFL has more "M", but the NHL has more "A".
    The tie breaker for me is the bloodied up NHL'er who spits out his teeth and gets stiched up right on the bench so he can make his next shift vs the primadonna football player who misses three starts because he has "turf-toe".
    I gotta go with the NHL...
    They both have their share of brutality & injuries. I guess it depends on what you'd rather have. A split lip & some teeth missing or your leg flopping around your knee in a direction it's not meant to go.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    http://www.filecabi.net/video/NFL_vs_NHL.html

Great video showing some of the best hits from both sports....
    I honestly have to go with football, mostly because the game is rooted in the violent collisions between the players.
    There's a huge spot for hitting in hockey, but laying someone out is not the goal of every play, as it is for some in football.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast