Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: NFL Head Coach (Video Game)

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I dont get it do you actually get to do anything in the games, or do you just call plays? In training camp do you get to do stuff or just tell people what to do?
    the point of the game is to make sure you have the players you want and need to make a good football team!! you pick out new coaches that will fit your system!!! you don't play the game, but you coach your team so they do what you would do IF you were playing!!! the game isn't for everyone!! you have to like the offseason activities in the madden series to be a fan!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

faninphx is offline Starter

I just bought the game last Sunday. I love micro-managing games (roller coaster tycoon, sim-city etc) and football games so I thought it would be a great game. So far though I have to give it a mixed but overall positive review. I like the micro-managing and attention to detail. I don't like the way you have to go over minute details. I've spent about four hours on the game and I haven't even gotten to the combine. Which brings me to my second point, the game is a huge time-sapper. You can easily spend an hour and a half on the game and not even realize it. This might be ok for some people but I turned 24 last week and I'm trying to spend less time playing video games.

I'm very interested to see what other PP.Oers think of the game.

"faninphx" wrote:
    I just bought the game last Sunday. I love micro-managing games (roller coaster tycoon, sim-city etc) and football games so I thought it would be a great game. So far though I have to give it a mixed but overall positive review. I like the micro-managing and attention to detail. I don't like the way you have to go over minute details. I've spent about four hours on the game and I haven't even gotten to the combine. Which brings me to my second point, the game is a huge time-sapper. You can easily spend an hour and a half on the game and not even realize it. This might be ok for some people but I turned 24 last week and I'm trying to spend less time playing video games.
    I'm very interested to see what other PP.Oers think of the game.
    you picked the wrong game buddy :grin: !!!! i got it on Monday and i am now starting my 11th game!!! i did simulate the last 2 preseason games!!! i am contemplating simulating to the playoffs but i am too worried about reaching my Season Goals :wink: !!! the game does take a lot of time!! Especially if you want to become the "BEST COACH EVER!!!" i like the game, but i was hoping for more coach stuff, i.e. halftime meetings in "A LOCKER ROOM"!!! i think they could fine tune the motivation thing a little bit, i don't like how you get 2 options to motivate your players!!! and most of the time they are all negative, why not having positive motivation!!! :grin:

but overall it is a fun game, a long game, but fun!!!

finally finished my first season (went undefeated, and won the SB, i played all my games)!! I am now trying to sign my new draft picks, and realized that i have no cap room, i finished all my signings but some of my newly aquired players through RFA are in Waived?!?! I don't know why, so if somebody can tell me what that means "being waived" it would greatly be appreciated!! I just want to get them back on my team to play, they are under contract still!!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Wow, i wanted to buy it but didn't knew if it was a good game.
    after reading numerous of diffrent reviews i think i'll be buying it.
    i think if i could choose between playing and coaching, i'd pick coaching anytime
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    Wow, i wanted to buy it but didn't knew if it was a good game.
    after reading numerous of diffrent reviews i think i'll be buying it.
    i think if i could choose between playing and coaching, i'd pick coaching anytime
    its a fun game, but if you play it all the time you will get tired of it!! I just finished my first season and decided to take a little break from it!!! But it isn't the kind of game that you can rent and beat!!!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a fun game! I love the commercials with that guy and Jeff Fischer, coach of the Titans!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Sounds like a fun game! I love the commercials with that guy and Jeff Fischer, coach of the Titans!
    the guy is funny, i like when he says, "i drafted that guy, i plucked him like a diamond in the rough!!" its true though, i drafted Maurice Drew in the 5th round and he lead the NFL in rushing yards!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I played one season, went 10-6 and beat the Pats 13-10 in the Superbowl. I'd rather play Madden. Anyone want to buy my game. I think it's a waste of $40 new.

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    I played one season, went 10-6 and beat the Pats 13-10 in the Superbowl. I'd rather play Madden. Anyone want to buy my game. I think it's a waste of $40 new.
    i like madden, but i think this game sorta ties you over until it comes out!! i do think it is a little over priced, but like i have said, its not a game that you could rent and still enjoy it!! my SB was pretty intense too, i think the score was with in a TD against the Colts!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast