CanuckVike is offline Starter

NFL, the best league in the world

I was watching one of our national sports channels, (one which usually follows hockey from top to bottom by the way,) and they had a few sportswriters doing an overall sports forum. While they were doing their views on the NFL season, they both said that the NFL was definitely the best sports league in the world, both in its competitive level and how its run. I personally feel that way, because there's so much parody and I love how most of the games occur on a single day. But I don't really follow the NBA, or know much about how the international soccer leagues are run. What does everyone else think? I can tell you the NFL is lightyears beyond what the NHL is these days! HA!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Actually, the XFL was a parody of the NFL...but as far as parity goes, they are correct in pointing out that the NFL is the best organized and the best run league in the world...the fact that they instituted revenue sharing, a salary cap, a realistic college draft, and many other innovations light years before the rest of the other pro sports leagues proves the point. The NHL, the NBL and MLB should take their cues from the NFL and clean up their acts for the benefit of their fans and the future of their sports, otherwise their fans will move over to the NFL and leave the other sports leagues in the trash heap!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Oh theres no doubt NFL in the best league in the World. Not only the best league, football is the best sport by a long shot to me. I used to be a big fan of basketball but have lost most intrest because of college kids entering the NBA, all the whiners, the strike sucked.

The NFL is way more competative then NBA basketball. Although i really enjoy the NCAA ball, thats great stuff.

Every game in NFL is so important cause there's only 16 a year in the regular season. Like Cajun pointed out the draft is great. Who else has a draft like the NFL. I dont know about you guys put i get pumped for the draft, every year i get more and more into it.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Interesting input there guys...and thanks for bringing attention to my brain cramp on my "parody-parity" mix-up there Cajun! That was actually pretty funny! I was sittin' there looking at that thinking..."that can't be right!...something seems funny about that!...but oh well, submit away!" That'll teach me make postings with a glass of Knob Creek in my hand. It's true what you say about the NFL draft though...they cover that up here (following ESPN I believe) and they stay with it. Lots of guys watch up here as much as the NHL draft. A question for you though...even though there's a salary cap in the NFL...didn't I hear about a team breaking it and just saying they'll gladly pay the fine just to get the players they wanted??
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88