Thread: NFL 2K5

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

NFL 2K5

I just bought this game the other day. Its really easy but there is one thing good about it. In first person football mode you see through the dudes helmets like your on the field. Those who have madden and 2k5 which is better?
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

NFL 2K5

i played both and madden is better

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

NFL 2K5

Madden has way better gameplay and is more fun to play, but I gotta admit 2k5 has way better graphics and presentation. Personally I think Madden 2005 graphics are worse than last year. Also 2k5 has a better running game, but a crappy passing game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

NFL 2K5

i think the graphics are better you can see the pads through the jereseys and pants more realistically and the stadiums look better even the they havn't upgraded the dome's field yet. madden has a pretty good running game because it's more realistic. you just have to get that rythem going look for blocks and break a long one. my longest is is a 69 yard td run with bennet, i like it better because it's more exiting in this game then last years to break a long one. I think the running on 2k5 is crap they kind of run wierd and you cant even tell the lineman from the skilled positions in that game everyone looks skinny

NFL 2K5

Wow, running in 2k5 is sooo much more realistic because it is harder to break those huge runs. Just the way you move, slide, bounce off players is so much more realistic. The graphic in madden look more "hand drawn", if you know what I mean. All the players are unrealistically built, it is like playing Blitz or something. Jeez even kicker have huge guns and players like D. Thomas look like bodybuilders.

NFL 2K5

At least the line don't lok like running backs

NFL 2K5

Your right they look like Marshmallows, they're soo round in Madden.

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

NFL 2K5

Picked this up last week and loving every minute of it. Only gripe i have with it is im tearing it up on Pro level, but that can be fixed easily with turning up the difficulty level up a bit.

I have so many gripes with Madden it sickens me, i use to LOVE madden, and the Tecmo Bowl games, anyone remember them? Gripes with Madden are as follows, running is a joke and unless they fixed the collision it probably still sucks run into your own guy or just barely tag him and you fall down like a crippled old man, the AI was so easily exploitable it was a joke at that on the HARDEST difficulty. The old pump fake and take off with Daunte almost guranteed a easy 10-15 yards EVERY play the computer NEVER learned. Walking all over the computer with the Texans on the hardest difficulty made me rethink if i'll ever play a madden again.

Now on with 2k5, Graphics are way better then madden can ever dream about, did someone say running game? Ohh yah in 2k5 your RB aint a retarded crippled old man who runs into his own line and falls down every other play and if you happen to run into your line you are slowed down but not laying on your back madden style. The AI at least learns my play style and adjusts, i have my money plays and like to use them when i can, but i use them more then i should and im looking at a INT by the computer. And thats only on pro level, this game can only get better on the harder difficulty im thinking. And i LOVE the preweek conditioning/practice for the team each week, took me a good week or so to adjust change tweek my regiment but i can now have all my players stats going up by 1-4 points for every game easily. This game imho blows away madden in every aspect that i look at for a Football game, Bye bye Madden! :salute:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

NFL 2K5

I love madden 2005! Pro level is pretty easy to win on, but just move the level up!! I guess I'm just loyal to EA sports!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

gpete13 is offline Starter

NFL 2K5

Well pro level is a joke, all-pro is better, all-madden best. As far as running, I break decent amount of tackles with using the cover button, the triangle on ps2, the old hurdle button. I like the improved AI, they learned how to stop some plays, granted it took a while, but the computer took that knowledge to the next game.

Franchise Madden is clearly better with the Owner mode. 2k5 has better presentation, but to me the play books, the abilty to create custom packages, are better options that Chris Berman's generic chatter. The little things are repeative and get stale quickly. Both games arent perfect, but Madden, to me is better.

I know its early, but just wait for next years versions. This is the best thing for these games, competition to make better games!