Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Next gen consoles

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1094752
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1094737
    It is amazing how upset some people get when they loose their online gaming for a week. It's annoying yes, but there are plenty of other things to do in life during this outage. If your life is so wrapped around playing online games that you can't function without bitching and moaning on the internet than maybe it's time to step back and reanalyze your life.
    Bitching and moaning on the internet seems like a very reasonable reaction. Now if they were arming themselves with oozies and taking to the streets I would be a little more concerned.
    Bitching and moaning about not getting a free service is a very reasonable reaction?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1094763
    It is amazing how upset some people get when they loose their online gaming for a week. It's annoying yes, but there are plenty of other things to do in life during this outage. If your life is so wrapped around playing online games that you can't function without bitching and moaning on the internet than maybe it's time to step back and reanalyze your life.
    Bitching and moaning on the internet seems like a very reasonable reaction. Now if they were arming themselves with oozies and taking to the streets I would be a little more concerned.
    Bitching and moaning about not getting a free service is a very reasonable reaction?
    I'd say considering they sell the PS3, advertising free online play, many of these games people buy specifically for online play, I'd say yes, it is reasonable.

Plus, it's not a free service, how do the games and system come into your possession? You exchange this thing called money for them. Thta money pays for the online servers.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Of course. It's disappointing. Plans have to be changed.
    People bitch about all kinds of free stuff, the weather, sports, fish not biting, the list goes on and on.

Bitching on the internet is a very mild reaction to a legitimate disappointment.

PS. Yeah some of the yahoo responses are over the top, but that is to be expected on Yahoo as the average poster age(and IQ) is under 6.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094766
    I'd say considering they sell the PS3, advertising free online play, many of these games people buy specifically for online play, I'd say yes, it is reasonable.

Plus, it's not a free service, how do the games and system come into your possession? You exchange this thing called money for them. Thta money pays for the online servers.
    I exchange this thing called money for system and games yes...but not for online service. Once Sony starts billing me every month to access the PSN I will agree with you. Until then it's free. You see, when a company offers a service to you and doesn't charge you for said service, it's free.

When you go to McDonalds and buy that Big Mac the ketchup and napkins come free. You can take as many or as little as you'd like. The company compensates themselves for the cost of the ketchup and napkins through the revenue generated from other sales, yes...but it's still free to the user.

I think it would be much more reasonable if these people directed their hatred and blame towards the hackers who took down the system rather than the corporation who is working to rebuild and improve the FREE online platform and community known as PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1094771
    Of course. It's disappointing. Plans have to be changed.
    People bitch about all kinds of free stuff, the weather, sports, fish not biting, the list goes on and on.

Bitching on the internet is a very mild reaction to a legitimate disappointment.

PS. Yeah some of the yahoo responses are over the top, but that is to be expected on Yahoo as the average poster age(and IQ) is under 6.
    The Yahoo (and other forum) responses are exactly what I'm talking about - They are way over the top and it's obvious these people suck at life. Go outside and play kids! Maybe this week long break will be the best thing that ever happened to them.

i have to admit its been pretty annoying these last few days. I play a decent amount of COD (BO and MW2) and i just bought Crysis 2.

The campaign mode for Crysis2 is ok but i would love to get online and play against other people.

but i'm not complaining too much. if i were paying $50 a year (like I did before i got rid of my 360) i would probably be a lot more upset. my buddies and i have joked about how we are going to find those douchebags that hacked the network and take out our frustrations on them. but im confident they'll fix it soon.

who knows, maybe they'll give everyone something like a $10 credit on the network for our inconvenience (doubt it).

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1094779
    i have to admit its been pretty annoying these last few days. I play a decent amount of COD (BO and MW2) and i just bought Crysis 2.

The campaign mode for Crysis2 is ok but i would love to get online and play against other people.

but i'm not complaining too much. if i were paying $50 a year (like I did before i got rid of my 360) i would probably be a lot more upset. my buddies and i have joked about how we are going to find those douchebags that hacked the network and take out our frustrations on them. but im confident they'll fix it soon.

who knows, maybe they'll give everyone something like a $10 credit on the network for our inconvenience (doubt it).
    If I were paying $50 a year I'd be pissed off too. Millions of people paying $50 a year for the sole purpose of gaming online should in theory be well protected against any hackers.

As things currently sit, I'm not very upset with Sony but more so at these anonymous hackers who are nothing more than technological terrorists...cowards. If Sony is actually taking this downtime to improve the PSN and make it more secure than I am fine with waiting. My biggest gripe with Sony is how quiet they were originally and the statement that it would only be a day or two and has now been a week. Be straight forward from the get go and you'll have less enemies...maybe, lol.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

http://www.consoledigest.com/ps3-psp-psn-services-are-down-following-a-massive-hackers-attack/6141

Sony is revealing the reason for the disabling of the PSN: hackers succeeded in hacking and stealing personal information of the service’s users.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Sony sued, could bleed billions following PlayStation Network hack

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/04/27/6544610-sony-sued-could-bleed-billions-following-playstation-network-hack?GT1=43001

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

+1 :laugh:

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293