Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    T Dogg is offline Rookie

Re: Next gen consoles

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Just wondering what consoles (360, PS3, Wii) people were planning on buying or already have.
    Each has Pros and Cons.

Personally I already have a 360, and am very happy with it.
    I can't wait to get Gears of War, which has been described as one of the best games ever made.
    I agree completely about the 360.
    I too own one and am in lone with it.
    Also, Gears of war is amazing....I beat it last weekend.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    All the bad thing about PS3 are mostly internet hype. The projected lifespan for the PS# is 10 years. 10 YEARS! No way 360 can keep up with it for that long. Plus, techno gurus are saying by the end of 07, the PS3 games will exponentially pull ahead of 360 games as far as gameplay and graphics. Only go with 360 if all you want to play is shooters.
    From what I've read it seems like the PS3 and 360 are actually fairly similar in terms of graphical capabilities.
    IMO Xbox also has better RPGs than SOny, unless your into the whole anime or Final Fantasy stuff.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Just wondering what consoles (360, PS3, Wii) people were planning on buying or already have.
    Each has Pros and Cons.

Personally I already have a 360, and am very happy with it.
    I can't wait to get Gears of War, which has been described as one of the best games ever made.

I just got Gears of War, its insane! The 360 and the PS3 are pretty much the same machine.Sony claims the PS3 can produce slighty better graphics, but who can tell the differnce?Unless your P-Diddy and you got a huge plasma, you wont notice the differnce.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

T Dogg is offline Rookie

"Del" wrote:
    I'm getting two PS3's for the sole purpose of selling them. I have one reserved and they are getting 8 total. I am 3rd on the list so that is money in the bank. The other one I won in a contest so that is money in the bank. For gaming I use my computer.
    that's good hustlin'

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

The PS3 SHOULD be dominating the console market within the year.
    Hardware and graphically the PS3 is far superior to the 360 with room to grow.
    SOme of you might be ask how it has room to grow.
    Well the PS3 will be using cell technology which means it will have 8 processors in it!
    At launch there will only be 3, I believe, of these processor turned on.

With any of the consoles hardware only goes so far.
    It has been proven that the console with the better game line up leads to overall better sales.
    This is where the 360 has the advantage not because of the line up of the actual games.
    But with this cell technology the programming is completely different with the games for the PS3.
    So these programmers are having to learn a whole new way to write these games.
    The is leading to a lot of extra time spent in the development of these games and will be driving the cost of these games up.
    they are saying $70 to 100 a piece in order to make a profit.

The PS3 is the gaming console of the future but the question will be is it a head of its time now?

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    The PS3 SHOULD be dominating the console market within the year.
    Hardware and graphically the PS3 is far superior to the 360 with room to grow.
    SOme of you might be ask how it has room to grow.
    Well the PS3 will be using cell technology which means it will have 8 processors in it!
    At launch there will only be 3, I believe, of these processor turned on.

With any of the consoles hardware only goes so far.
    It has been proven that the console with the better game line up leads to overall better sales.
    This is where the 360 has the advantage not because of the line up of the actual games.
    But with this cell technology the programming is completely different with the games for the PS3.
    So these programmers are having to learn a whole new way to write these games.
    The is leading to a lot of extra time spent in the development of these games and will be driving the cost of these games up.
    they are saying $70 to 100 a piece in order to make a profit.

The PS3 is the gaming console of the future but the question will be is it a head of its time now?
    The PS3 has more raw power than the 360, but if you look at their graphics now, it appears that they're right on par with one another. Early on, 360 looked more like XBox 1 1/2 rather than a next-gen console, but go pick up Gears of War or Ultimate Alliance and check out the gameplay and cinema scenes. They're amazing, and they're just as good as what the PS3 can put out.

I for one have my doubts about the PS3's ability to compete right now. Supposedly, they're losing a lot of 3rd party support BECAUSE of the complexity of their system. Programmers are having a hard time programming games for the machine, and developers aren't going to be as apt to put in the time and money to develop a game for the PS3 when they can put out something graphically comparable for a lot less money on the 360.

In the long run, PS3 may have more promise, but I'm not sure if developers will stick with it long enough to unlock its potential.

Plus, 600 bucks for the system and 100 for games? I know the hardcore gamers will pay this, but companies don't make their money off of hardcore gamers. It's like the NFL. Fans will stick with their teams through thick and thin, but if you can put an exciting product on the field and get casual sports fans to care, then you're going to make a crapload of money. Same thing goes for gaming. The diehard gamers will stick with your console no matter what the cost is, but if you can attract the occasional gamer or the casual fan, then you can make a crapload of money.

IMO, people won't spend 600 bucks on something to play once in a while. They're much more apt to spend 400 for an XBox or more likely 250 for a Wii.

Del Rio Guest

"T" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I'm getting two PS3's for the sole purpose of selling them. I have one reserved and they are getting 8 total. I am 3rd on the list so that is money in the bank. The other one I won in a contest so that is money in the bank. For gaming I use my computer.
    that's good hustlin'
    Straight cash homey!!! ;D

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Braddock" wrote:
    All the bad thing about PS3 are mostly internet hype. The projected lifespan for the PS# is 10 years. 10 YEARS! No way 360 can keep up with it for that long. Plus, techno gurus are saying by the end of 07, the PS3 games will exponentially pull ahead of 360 games as far as gameplay and graphics. Only go with 360 if all you want to play is shooters.
    Agreed.

[size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Del Rio Guest

The way I look at it, game wise at the moment the PS3 has nothing worth buying that you can't have on your XBOX. I am also annoyed at the small ammount of consoles they are releasing for X-mas, and they do it every time. Although it helps the opportunists that want to sell them on E-bay.

If I wanted to drop a chunk of change I would just get an alienware gaming machine.

Until PS3 comes out with a game I just have to have that I can't get on XBOX then there is no point in buying it for me. I do have friends that are going to get the PS3 and have both though.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "T" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    that's good hustlin'
    Straight cash homey!!! ;D
    You could use that money from the PS3's and get some serious upgrades for your PC Del.

Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast