Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    eelpout72 is offline Starter

Re: Next gen consoles

"Billy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:
    i am in the process of trying to decide between these 3 and after reading this thread im no closer in making my decision.
    Could you guys please come to a consensus to help me out?

I have always been a Nintendo person, currently own a gamecube, and have enjoyed Resident Evil, Mario, and Zelda games.
    However, I also have a 60" HDTV and love watching in HD so ive been thinking about the PS3 for its better graphics and Blu-ray capability.
    I cant justify buying more than one console as i dont play games that much anymore.
    Torn between the PS3 and Wii right now.

You can forget about blue ray most likely,
    I am pretty sure that will be irrelivant in a good two years.
    why do you say that?
    do you think that HDDVD will win out over Blu-ray?
    I heard that in 2007 there may be new DVD players that may play both Blu-ray and HDDVD.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

My first choice would be the PS3, but I don't plan on buying any of them until the price comes way down.
    If the Wii drops below $200 before the PS3 comes down at all, I'll go with a Wii for now.
    My son would probaly enjoy the Nintendo product much more anyways.
    I like the idea of being physically involved in the control of the game.
    Who knows, maybe a fella could lose a few pounds playing video games all day!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"eelpout72" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:
    i am in the process of trying to decide between these 3 and after reading this thread im no closer in making my decision.

I have always been a Nintendo person, currently own a gamecube, and have enjoyed Resident Evil, Mario, and Zelda games.
    However, I also have a 60" HDTV and love watching in HD so ive been thinking about the PS3 for its better graphics and Blu-ray capability.
    I cant justify buying more than one console as i dont play games that much anymore.

why do you say that?
    I heard that in 2007 there may be new DVD players that may play both Blu-ray and HDDVD.

Scratch both and get a 360.You cant top Gears of War graphicaly right now.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:

why do you say that?

Scratch both and get a 360.You cant top Gears of War graphicaly right now.
    Yeah maybe right now, but the PS3 graphics should be better yet.
    Just need to wait for some new titles to come out.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    My first choice would be the PS3, but I don't plan on buying any of them until the price comes way down.
    If the Wii drops below $200 before the PS3 comes down at all, I'll go with a Wii for now.
    My son would probaly enjoy the Nintendo product much more anyways.
    I like the idea of being physically involved in the control of the game.
    Who knows, maybe a fella could lose a few pounds playing video games all day!
    Agreed...I definitely want the 600 dolla model but not for 600 dolla.....to late to change consoles for me now, to use to the PS..tried to use the 360 controller...just did'nt feel right..

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"eelpout72" wrote:

Dude get the Wii! If you are a big Mario and Zelda fan, you realize that gameplay matters most. Zelda: TP and Mario Galaxy are supposed to be the best Zelda and Mario games ever, and don't forget you can play every single Mario and Zelda game ever made on your Wii as well.

I am a nintendo person too, but I was extremely dissappointed with it, so I bought a PS2, which is now broken for the second time and gathering dust in my closet. In the end the gamecube proved itself to me, having quality over quantity.

I plan to buy a new slim PS2 and a Wii for $379 total. This leaves enormous potential for haivng a huge library of classic videogames. Yes. I'm an old school gamer.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:

Dude get the Wii! If you are a big Mario and Zelda fan, you realize that gameplay matters most. Zelda: TP and Mario Galaxy are supposed to be the best Zelda and Mario games ever, and don't forget you can play every single Mario and Zelda game ever made on your Wii as well.

I am a nintendo person too, but I was extremely dissappointed with it, so I bought a PS2, which is now broken for the second time and gathering dust in my closet. In the end the gamecube proved itself to me, having quality over quantity.

I plan to buy a new slim PS2 and a Wii for $379 total. This leaves enormous potential for haivng a huge library of classic videogames. Yes. I'm an old school gamer.

Nothing to be ashamed of there!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I read a review of a lot of the Wii launch games and from the sounds of things they are a lot of fun, but not for very long.
    From the sounds of things they lack a lot of depth, other than Zelda, which from what I hear, looks like it has gamecube graphics.

Xbox is the safest bet, but if you don't want to spend the money go with Wii, if you want to spend lots of money and believe PS3 will put out games you like go with it.

I have an xbox 360 and love it, can't wait to get GOW and Mass Effect when it comes out.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I just can't wait for two years from now when PS3 will be somewhat affordable!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

I am going to buy a PS3. It is suppose to make your PS2 games graffix alot better. I have a boat load of them. I think I will buy one in the spring, when the price should be normal, after Christmoose. A guy in my city bought like 15 of them (don't ask me how) He is advertising them in the paper for $1800 each. Idiot
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast