Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Newest Viking to be out for the season after injury.....

And that Viking is VikingNed himself, :sad:

Just got home from the hospital, and it looks like I now have two herniated disk's in my lower back, L-3 and L-4 to be exact..

Sad part is, I did it within the first hour of work today while doing something I've done for years, just shoveling some concrete.

I was okay standing, so I tried to manage the pour I had today that way, but I couldn't actually work with my guys, and they are strictly laborers. They did there best and gave it 100% for me, but the job was somewhat of a lose. I have a good amount of work ahead of me to straighten out the wrongs and make them right.

If I sit down or lay down, I have to have someone actually help me to stand up.....I'm feeling very lost and depressed right now. I have 3 other contracts signed for work right now and I'm really worried how I'm going to pull these off.

Looks like I'll have to hire at least one or two, very skilled workers and just manage from there......

I feel so lost, did I just say that again? URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's tough to get old sometimes I guess..

I need prayers right about now..

Just had to vent this out.....Thanks for listening..

VikingNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Newest Viking to be out for the season after injury.....

well now aww you have to do is plop down in front of the computer and tell people you really cant get off ppo
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"VikingNed" wrote:
    And that Viking is VikingNed himself, :sad:

Just got home from the hospital, and it looks like I now have two herniated disk's in my lower back, L-3 and L-4 to be exact..

Sad part is, I did it within the first hour of work today while doing something I've done for years, just shoveling some concrete.

I was okay standing, so I tried to manage the pour I had today that way, but I couldn't actually work with my guys, and they are strictly laborers. They did there best and gave it 100% for me, but the job was somewhat of a lose. I have a good amount of work ahead of me to straighten out the wrongs and make them right.

If I sit down or lay down, I have to have someone actually help me to stand up.....I'm feeling very lost and depressed right now. I have 3 other contracts signed for work right now and I'm really worried how I'm going to pull these off.

Looks like I'll have to hire at least one or two, very skilled workers and just manage from there......

I feel so lost, did I just say that again? URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's tough to get old sometimes I guess..

I need prayers right about now..

Just had to vent this out.....Thanks for listening..

VikingNed

Ned. We are family on this site. I hope this works out for ya. Keep your head up man.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

dagger

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

boognish is offline Coordinator

Sorry to hear about that; it happened to me a couple of years ago too, while yanking my boat around. Get a little rest and take your happy pills; it will get better. Make sure you don't rest too much though, or it will get worse before it gets better; move around and stretch as much as possible.

I use some exercises called the "McKenzie exercise program". It was recommended to me by the doctor and has really done wonders for me. You should check into it. You can pick up the book for under $10 at Amazon. It's called: 7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life; How to Rapidly Relieve Back and Neck Pain Using the McKenzie Method, au: Robin McKenzie.

Good Luck! :smile:
    I am a dipshit!!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

:cry:

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Keep up the diet...the less weight you are carrying around (especially around the middle), the better you will feel (and the less damage you will inflict upon yourself).

Good Luck in your recovery, Ned...we are all praying and rooting for you!

P.S. Did I tell you that my neighbor from across the street is from Cebu?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Ned:

Sorry to hear it buddy! You'll get back on your feet in no time!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"boognish" wrote:
    Sorry to hear about that; it happened to me a couple of years ago too, while yanking my boat around. Get a little rest and take your happy pills; it will get better. Make sure you don't rest too much though, or it will get worse before it gets better; move around and stretch as much as possible.

I use some exercises called the "McKenzie exercise program". It was recommended to me by the doctor and has really done wonders for me. You should check into it. You can pick up the book for under $10 at Amazon. It's called: 7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life; How to Rapidly Relieve Back and Neck Pain Using the McKenzie Method, au: Robin McKenzie.

Good Luck! :smile:
    Pilates also is great for rehabbing back problems...my sister is a Pilates instructor and she swears by it. And NO, before you even ask, she WILL NOT come up there and be your personal instructor! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

thats horrible ned. I hope you feel better soon. My uncle had the same problem and he had a surgery followed by some pool workouts and now he swears that he is better now than when he was a teen. hope you feel better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast