Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

New York Papers Calling A-Rod’s Mother a Whore

New York Papers Now Just Calling A-Rod’s Mother a Whore

[img width=201 height=252]http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume5/2006-1011-arod.jpg[/img]

After more than a year of bashing Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez with increasingly personal headlines accusing him of being a failure and a choke artist, New York papers have run out of legitimate ways to criticize the highly-paid star following the Yankees first-round playoff exit.

“We’ve blamed him for everything, called him A-Fraud, said he was A-WOL – we’re out of ideas,” said New York Post sports editor Daniel Bullock. “So now we’re just calling his mother a whore.”

The day after the Yankees were eliminated by the Tigers, the Post ran the headline: “Slut’s Son Hits .071,” while the New York Daily News went with: “Yankees Lose; A-Rod’s Mom a Total Ho-Bag.” Meanwhile, the city’s most respected daily, The New York Times, ran a more civil, subdued headline: “Harlot’s Offspring to Blame for Yankees Demise.”

The city’s sports editors say they aren’t happy about running the headlines, but were reduced to doing so by A-Rod’s latest failings.

“Look, I’m a Yankees fan,” said Daily News sports editor Mike Manterro. “My goal with all these negative A-Rod headlines over the past few years was to get him to snap into shape. I never thought they would slowly destroy his confidence, leaving him a head-case and a sad, pathetic shell of the player he once was. Plus, I never thought they’d lose this year. But they did. And now I’m pretty much out of new A-Rod-sucks-related headlines. So calling his mother a whore is pretty much all we have left. I don’t feel bad about it either. His mother probably is a whore. People with whores for mothers often are failures in life due to that sort of upbringing, and there’s no bigger failure in world history that I can think of than Alex Rodriguez.”

The Post’s Bullock said he felt his paper has been more than fair in its recent treatment of the Yankees third baseman.

“Look, calling his mother a ho-bag on the front of this newspaper is not nearly as bad as it could have been,” he said. “I originally wanted to go with the headline “This Faggot Sucks” over a picture of A-Rod and leave it at that, but our legal department said we should shy away from the homosexual stuff. But I’m hoping to get that in the paper soon enough. That’s the type of journalism Post readers expect.”

As for the Times, a spokesman says the “old gray lady” will shy away from any inflammatory headlines. But readers of the New York Times Magazine can expect a 15,000-word feature piece in the coming weeks on Rodriguez’s mother, detailing her heartbreaking upbringing as a cheap prostitute on the streets of Santo Domingo

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New York Papers Calling A-Rod’s Mother a Whore

The sports pickle almost as bad as the onion!

For people that are not aware this is not a real story and is done by the sports pickle which is an Internet site that makes up crap about sports, there is also another one called the Onion that does the same thing.

Prophet you want to know why i do this on your threads?
    Because posting crap on the Internet that is made up is why their are people that believe that George Bush planned and carried out the 9/11 attacks, and that the holocaust never happened and it starts with someone posting crap like this.

Do you think that A Rod needs to have crap like this written about him and by visiting that site you help keep them in business.

So you can be pissed at me all you want!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:

For people that are not aware this is not a real story and is done by the sports pickle which is an Internet site that makes up crap about sports, there is also another one called the Onion that does the same thing.

Prophet you want to know why i do this on your threads because posting crap on the Internet that is made up is why their are people that believe that George Bush planned and carried out the 9/11 attacks and that the holocaust never happened and it starts with someone posting crap like this.

Do you think that A Rod needs to have crap like this written about him and by visiting that site you help keep them in business.

;D, I'm not pissed.
    If someone is stupid enough to believe something without checking the source than that is their problem.
    I always post the source.

Del Rio Guest

Good old Whack protector of the internet LMAO!

Del Rio Guest

[img width=400 height=533]http://godonlyknows.blogg.se/images/dont_worry_mam_1136190217.jpg[/img]

Whack in action

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Yeah, the idea of that being written by the NY media is insane. I mean they will trample all over your dreams, demean you, make you feel like less of a person, but I really don't think they would stoop that low as to call your mother a whore. I mean they may do it in person but definitely not in print. :P
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Oh c'mon! It's more FUN when people get duped into thinking ridiculous stuff!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:

Prophet you want to know why i do this on your threads?
    Because posting crap on the Internet that is made up is why their are people that believe that George Bush planned and carried out the 9/11 attacks, and that the holocaust never happened and it starts with someone posting crap like this.

WHAT????

George Bush planned the 9/11 attacks???

The Holocaust never happened????

Next thing is that you will tell me and the whole state that I live in that there is no Santa Claus!!!

What???
    That's already been done?
    Aw man!!!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Next thing is that you will tell me and the whole state that I live in that there is no Santa Claus!!!
    There is a Santa Claus Cajun.
    Its just that.....well......he doesn't come to your house.
    :-\
    8)

WWBGD

Prophet Guest

"RK." wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    There is a Santa Claus Cajun.
    Its just that.....well......he doesn't come to your house.
    :-\
    8)
    Too bad Cajun, Santa left me this gift last year.
    You better get on his good list again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast