Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

New Years Eve advice

I am torn, I have 2 pretty solid options for New Years this year, but I can't decide what to do, here are my options:

A) go to Columbus, OH (approx. 3 hr drive) to hang out with my buddy Mark from college.
    This was the original plan, and I was going to drive down Saturday afternoon, stop to visit my aunt along the way, and spend Saturday and Sunday down there.
    I went to college in Columbus and havent been there in almost 2 years.
    I would get to visit my aunt who is really sick and I may not get the opportunity to see her again if I wait too long, and I know I'd have fun with Mark.
    He is recently engaged and sort of has it planned to fix me up with his friend Samantha for the weekend to see whats there.
    Anyway, I would also likely miss the game Sunday, I wouldnt get to have my son at my house at all for the weekend (but I am visiting him tonight and am actually there right now), and it would probably cost about $120 for the weekend.

B) Go to Pittsburgh with my friend Erik, his fiancee, and a bunch of her friends.
    If I did this, I 'wouldnt have to drive at all, I would just leave with Erik Sunday around 4.
    I would get to watch the Vikings, keep my son friday and saturday night, and this would cost $15 to get into the club they're going to, split the cost of a cab about 4 ways, possibly more, and then some $$ while out.
    I'd probably end up spending $60-70.
    I already kind of hooked up with one of Eriks fiancees friends, and another one thats going, that I believe is single, is like drop dead gorgeous.
    Don'tg know if I'd have a chance with her, but it would be nice to find out.
    However I would not get to see my aunt in Delaware, OH.
    Also my friend and his fiancee fight more than anyone I know, so there would likely be stupid drama for no reason.

Both of them have bailed on me before, so I dont really have a problem telling either one no.
    I think Id have more fun in Columbus, but Pittsburgh would save me some dough.
    Also, I am thinking the club they are going to in Pittsburgh is a dance club, considering it cost $ to get into.
    I have to be in the right mood, and a little buzzed to dance, so I may go there and not have fun.
    I dont want to drive to Columbus on a holiday weekend, because Im not a speeder, but if I happen to zone out for a minute and all of sudden be speeding and pass a cop, a ticket on a holiday weekend would suck.

What should I do???
    Columbus or Pittsburgh?
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Re: New Years Eve advice

Forgot to add, the last 2 new years I've just hung out with my boy and done laundry.
    So, I'm not really used to going out for the Holiday, but I kind of want to take advantage this year.
    I'm leaning towards Columbus (Buckeye land) more so than Pittsburgh (I have this general dislike for the state of Pennsylvania).
    Plus, I think there have only been 2 weekends in the past year I haven't seen my boy, I love him but a weekend break from parenting would be nice.
    I just need to get in touch with my friend from down there, because I havent talked to him in about 2 weeks and I need directions to his new place.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I would go with Columbus personally.
    You'll make your aunt happy, get to visit a place you haven't been in years, and there is still a great chance for @ss.
    Can't go wrong.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I'd go with Plan C:

Stay home & celebrate the New Years with your son.

He won't bail on you.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Columbus and see your aunt or stay home with your son.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Well, my son is staying with his mom for at least New Years eve.
    So if I were to stay home for the weekend, and watch him Friday and Saturday night at my place, I would still go to Pittsburgh for New Years, because his mom would still be picking him up Sunday morning or afternoon. Like I said, I had him for the last 2 New Years.
    His mother and I arent together.

Thanks for the input guys.

"JDogg926" wrote:

Did you ever notice, like I do with my ex. Once we divorce them, they quit saying "Over my dead body"?
    :-\

"singersp" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

Did you ever notice, like I do with my ex. Once we divorce them, they quit saying "Over my dead body"?

Um, no, I dont think she really ever said that when we were together, though.
    We do have a pretty solid friendship for two people that arent together, but have a child.
    We were never married, either, but Im at her house right now on her computer, and she stayed at my house for Christmas.
    She slept on the couch.
    I sort of invited her, though, because it was just going to be me and my son, and her family was in Georgia for the Holidays, so I still got my Christmas morning with my son, and she got to avoid spending Christmas alone.
    It all worked out fairly well.

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

Um, no, I dont think she really ever said that when we were together, though.
    We do have a pretty solid friendship for two people that arent together, but have a child.
    We were never married, either, but Im at her house right now on her computer, and she stayed at my house for Christmas.
    She slept on the couch.
    I sort of invited her, though, because it was just going to be me and my son, and her family was in Georgia for the Holidays, so I still got my Christmas morning with my son, and she got to avoid spending Christmas alone.
    It all worked out fairly well.
    It's great that you two can still have a relationship like that. Especially when it comes to your son.

It beats having two people tearing at him or one or the other getting full custody & keeping the child away from the other parent.

Good for you.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Can't have your cake and eat it too...isn't it always like that?

Go to Columbus.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast