Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

New Start for me today, need all you Purple People to help,,

Well now,

First I decided to serve in the US Army for 4 years of my life, then about 6 monthes after my discharge, I decided to sign up for 4 more years w/ the USMC...

After my discharge from the Marines, I got involved with Construction, for the past 18 years I've worked mostly in the Concrete Construction Industry...

But today, was the first day I began to work for myself. I started my training to become a Certified Satellite installer.....Actually helped out in training on one today...It was a Super Dish installation...

But very soon I will have to have my buisness name, installers work as sub-contractors...We get paid by the job and for extras...

So, what I would like is, What should I name my buisness?....

Viking Theme?......

Something else maybe? Fire away....Keep in mind, I'll probably buy a newer van if I stay with it, and I'll be having the Van's paint and advertising logo's customized...

Thanks for the inputs.....

Viking Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

worshipabba2003 is offline Starter

Re: New Start for me today, need all you Purple People to he

way to start a new job hope it works out!!!!

ey friend, perhaps you can help me! how can i get vikings games all the way here in portugal? is there any satellite dish i can get, any digital gismo, anything?

i have to go to one of the 2 bars in lisbon with SKY SPORTS ( that normally have soccer on) OR cross the border to spain ( wich i have done more then once) to see them in a spanish digital channel. BUT i have to be lucky cause both of the channels show ONLY 2 games a week, so the odds are against me!

Last year i got 5, that was amazing, but i dont espect to have that much luck this season! ( although only have 2 night games is good cause here is to latte for them to show those games, so i have more chances)

i will thank you ahead and i will think on a good name for you.
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Benfica,

Man, it is surely a small world sometimes... :grin:

The family we did the installation for today, where Portugese.....

The owner told me the main reason he wanted the dish was because they have a Soccer Package on the Dish Network, this is the only way he can follow European Soccer on a regular basis...

Since I'm new to this, not sure about football for you, but I'll keep my ears and eyes open, if I learn anything I'll get back to you..

Also, this guys basement was like a wine factory....Oak Cask and all, I was hoping he'd offer me a bottle :wink:

But I get plenty of Portugese Wine, from my brother in Law.....My sister married a full blooded Portagee......Great Guy, his family name is Batista...

I'll ask around about your question

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Valhalla Satellite Dish Installations
    Asgard Satellite Dish Installations
    Nordic Satellite Dish Installations
    Rape, Plunder and Pillage Satellite Dish Installations
    (OK, that last one is not going to get you any business, but maybe one of the others...you could just keep it simple and call it VIKING Satellite Dish Installations!)

Good luck, VN!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"SS Installation"

Skol Satellite Installation

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "SS Installation"

Skol Satellite Installation
    good call
    <!--
    sig -->

AMAZING coincidence! I am right now drinking a bottle of amazing portuguese wine!

You can get so manny channels there with everything, i envy you guys! But you can ask the Baptistas: here in Portugal NO ONE, likes football, well i would say that they dont know anything about it, so like i did before, i would just follow the word in the street and coment on how stupid it was!!

Knowing us portuguese i am sure you will have a bottle coming your way soon!! specially if that channels they get now show them Benfica, winning the championship!

OH, if Benfica soccer team wins and the vikings BOTH win the championship this year i would say that i will have no wine left in my cellar in the middle of february

Good luck with all the moves there!
    Vikings from all over the world. Lets unite!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Well now,

First I decided to serve in the US Army for 4 years of my life, then about 6 monthes after my discharge, I decided to sign up for 4 more years w/ the USMC...

After my discharge from the Marines, I got involved with Construction, for the past 18 years I've worked mostly in the Concrete Construction Industry...

But today, was the first day I began to work for myself. I started my training to become a Certified Satellite installer.....Actually helped out in training on one today...It was a Super Dish installation...

But very soon I will have to have my buisness name, installers work as sub-contractors...We get paid by the job and for extras...

So, what I would like is, What should I name my buisness?....

Viking Theme?......

Something else maybe? Fire away....Keep in mind, I'll probably buy a newer van if I stay with it, and I'll be having the Van's paint and advertising logo's customized...

Thanks for the inputs.....

Viking Ned
    I've been doing Concrete/Masonry for 10 years now and I applaud you for getting out, it sucks. My problem is it's the only thing that I'm good at (to make decent money). I did run my own concrete business (with my brother as a partner) for 4 years. It's GREAT being your own man. But our mother died (she helped a lot with the books)and we just got burned out on it. I love getting off work and having NO responsibilities, but I will do it again on my own in a few years.

As far as a name, I don't have any Ideas off the top of my head, but really think about it. That name sticks with you a long time, and you don't want to get tired of it after a couple years.

Good luck.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Cajun had a good one..., Valhalla Installations. I love it.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast