Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Love the new site but haven't been on much lately. The home internet was down all last week and at work we laid tile in the basement so I wasn't at my desk at all last week.

One thing I noticed was that when I get a new message it doesn't show up on the forums, I have to go check. Not a big deal but it's nice to see the new messages immediatly like before.
    The envelope at bottom of site has a red border when you have messages, and you get an email notice (depending on your settings)

This too was one of the handful of things that don't freeking work right since the change. It is supposed to "pop" a message to you as well.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    I've slowed down because the forums seem to load slower for me.. Im not sure if it's my comp.. But it takes longer to get to threads

Also when I click on one it always goes to the first page.. Im not sure if it's something I do wrong, prob because I basically respond to the ones in "from the huddle"
    yeah, thats one thing I'd like to see changed. When I click on a thread in "from the huddle" it brings me to the first page, I'd much prefer like last time where it would bring me to the most recent post.

Also, another suggestion, It would be awesome to have options on what shows in the Huddle. Things like only showing new posts, because tbh, I don't care that vikinggreg and NeumDog are now friends.
    I hope this gets fixed soon. Only thing I can't stand about the site right now.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    I've slowed down because the forums seem to load slower for me.. Im not sure if it's my comp.. But it takes longer to get to threads

Also when I click on one it always goes to the first page.. Im not sure if it's something I do wrong, prob because I basically respond to the ones in "from the huddle"
    yeah, thats one thing I'd like to see changed. When I click on a thread in "from the huddle" it brings me to the first page, I'd much prefer like last time where it would bring me to the most recent post.

Also, another suggestion, It would be awesome to have options on what shows in the Huddle. Things like only showing new posts, because tbh, I don't care that vikinggreg and NeumDog are now friends.
    I hope this gets fixed soon. Only thing I can't stand about the site right now.
    I agree that is my only complaint. I've been very busy and not too active.. mostly due to being busy and not having the time to play around with things.

I like the view/style more; it's growing on me fast! I resisted change for a day or two but I think this is turning in to one hell of a cool set up.

Yeah, the "__ are now friends" is kind of a ... who freakin cares sort of deal, but I think that on facebook as well.

Webby, thanks again, it's looking great!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

When I first started to roam around here I was a little overwhelmed with all the different threads, Sub threads, And pages and pages of comments, But after about 2-3 weeks I was pretty comfortable finding my way around.

I almost always check out the Huddle section first to see the latest posts, I like the avatars right there, Heck-I usually tell who everyone is by their avatars, Banana, KISS, Darth Vader, Chuck Norris, Prince, Dancing Beaver, Bob Marley, good stuff.

I really like the Chat feature, Most recent post being shown first, Uploading your own photos, And the community features are all great!

I don't agree with purplepats comment that theres not much new content being added, What defines "enough"? Since the site change newer comments have been left in over 120 different threads on the Viking Fan Forum alone, The 100 new topics/threads in a 24 hour period doesn't even seem feasible, Certainly some if not most of those would have been already brought up in one forum or another??

Live Chat, Arcade-(Except for the tragic loss of my 2 million high score on Duck Hunt)football pools, trivia, wallpaper, and something I just realized was here-Free email are all beyond features found in most fan sites, Webby has spent a lot of time and money and I appreciate it very much, Now my wife who I ignore the few hours a day we're together because I'm on my crack addicted like website might say otherwise.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Baby has slowed down my posting!

On a side note, I love the look of the updated site and I really miss babbling on and on with all my PPO peeps.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567