Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65
  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Is it just me or has posting slowed down and have some people gone away since the change?

    Where did everybody go?
    Well - the fact that everyone has to reset their password is probably causing some not to get back on quite so quickly.

    And that's fine. If it cuts down the noise, I'm all for it.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    Change is scary....

  3. #13
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    I like the redesign, but can we ban Packer fans from posting on the Forums? Possibly ban them from Fantasy Football too? Thanks, appreciate it!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    C Mac D wrote:
    I like the redesign, but can we ban Packer fans from posting on the Forums? Possibly ban them from Fantasy Football too? Thanks, appreciate it!
    LOL! Before the MNF game, I actually thought you had the chance to pull off the upset.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    Its been slower before the board change. Everytime we start winning things are reduced.

    However, since the change, we have had 180% more new users signing up then before the change. Made it easier to get on board, and a whole lot more stuff to do when you are here. Maybe easier to find this place, and call it home.

    This "forum" has little true difference than the other. Its just not in tiny type and all dark. We could be on either one and I would still lighten it up.

    People are going to come and go and have opinions. I am past worrying about it. Give me constructive feedback and I always address it. But we want PPO to be the home we want, not some corporate behemoth.

    There are lots of ads on TV promoting boards around town. Every media outlet has one now. We're not going to do that since we aren't a soulless corporate board like the Strib, Scout, and others.

    This is about a community, and all can come that like the group. Communities continue to migrate from single aggregate forums like in the past where maybe a few of us existed and battled...its much more democratized. We are one of the very few holdovers for 11 years. Most are gone, or bought out. Times are a changing, and while I struggle to hold on to the old for those that resist change, we must also move forward to attract new comers.

    There used to be a lot of advocacy for our site at other sites by handfuls of us. I am too busy now on a national scale at my day job that I just can't. I don't even get a chance to push the other team's boards and battle a bit there.

    That said, our "viewership" continues to rise. We are up in traffic by 20% this year over last. People just lurk more and have less to say apparently right now.

    The company screwing up the passwords didn't help, but slowly that will even out too.

    Once the old "From the Huddle" stops crashing the database and Dekay's buddy fixes it, that'll help.

    In the end, I keep this alive for the people of the board. If interest is gone, I shut it down. The community is what we make it.

  6. #16
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    Webby wrote:
    Its been slower before the board change. Everytime we start winning things are reduced.

    However, since the change, we have had 180% more new users signing up then before the change. Made it easier to get on board, and a whole lot more stuff to do when you are here. Maybe easier to find this place, and call it home.

    This "forum" has little true difference than the other. Its just not in tiny type and all dark. We could be on either one and I would still lighten it up.

    People are going to come and go and have opinions. I am past worrying about it. Give me constructive feedback and I always address it. But we want PPO to be the home we want, not some corporate behemoth.

    There are lots of ads on TV promoting boards around town. Every media outlet has one now. We're not going to do that since we aren't a soulless corporate board like the Strib, Scout, and others.

    This is about a community, and all can come that like the group. Communities continue to migrate from single aggregate forums like in the past where maybe a few of us existed and battled...its much more democratized. We are one of the very few holdovers for 11 years. Most are gone, or bought out. Times are a changing, and while I struggle to hold on to the old for those that resist change, we must also move forward to attract new comers.

    There used to be a lot of advocacy for our site at other sites by handfuls of us. I am too busy now on a national scale at my day job that I just can't. I don't even get a chance to push the other team's boards and battle a bit there.

    That said, our "viewership" continues to rise. We are up in traffic by 20% this year over last. People just lurk more and have less to say apparently right now.

    The company screwing up the passwords didn't help, but slowly that will even out too.

    Once the old "From the Huddle" stops crashing the database and Dekay's buddy fixes it, that'll help.

    In the end, I keep this alive for the people of the board. If interest is gone, I shut it down. The community is what we make it.
    You shut it down, and we finaly meet for sure, I'll personaly give you a NordicNed Forarm Shiver......


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    NordicNed wrote:
    You shut it down, and we finaly meet for sure, I'll personaly give you a NordicNed Forarm Shiver......
    Don't break Webby. We need him to keep the lights on.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    I like the redesign, but can we ban Packer fans from posting on the Forums? Possibly ban them from Fantasy Football too? Thanks, appreciate it!
    LOL! Before the MNF game, I actually thought you had the chance to pull off the upset.

    =Z=
    I had no business being in the playoffs anyways... but yeah, I thought I had a shot too.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #19
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    Ned you are funny!

    I hope your real frustration isn't about Webby's sweater vest. No need for violence, we can get you one.

    I am still getting use to the new format.

    I like the pace better now than before.

    L8R Ya'll

  10. #20
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re:The New PP.O (to senior members and anyone else)

    C Mac D wrote:
    I like the redesign, but can we ban Packer fans from posting on the Forums? Possibly ban them from Fantasy Football too? Thanks, appreciate it!
    LOL... I thought I was a goner with the way Finley has been playing.. what a night to wake up eh.. and Flacco did his best as well.

    On topic.. change is difficult for some, but as my experience on Packershome taught me is you cannot make everyone happy.. some will embrace the change and love it.. others will reject it and very well might move on. Nobody wants that to happen.. but alas those are the facts of life.. not exclusive to a online community.

    Could add some Green.. that may help.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Senior members - those you just hate
    By cogitans in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 05:11 AM
  2. Senior members
    By cogitans in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 04:42 PM
  3. Senior Members.. Thoughts!
    By snowinapril in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:31 PM
  4. Senior Bowl Thread!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 11:10 PM
  5. Senior Pix...
    By V4L in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 04:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •