Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

New Players to look out for

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Frozen Tundran

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Warren Moon has more fumbles than any player in the history of the N.F.L. His opinion doesn't mean dic#.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I thought Krieg held that record? At any rate he also had almost 300 TDs in the NFL, and God knows how many in Canada...does that count for anything?
    [/quote]

Wow for someone who like the packer and dislikes the vikings, you sure do have a lot of posts for a start in a certain amount of days??? Let me ask ya something, Are you a closet viking fan or something?? theres nothing wrong with posting here at all as a packer fan, but im beginning to wonder if all the packer messageboards closed down or something for the offseason. You sure do like this board.[]
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Is the CFL still in operation?

I suppose the next thing you'll try to tell me is that the NHL is still running, too.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

Is the CFL still in operation?

I suppose the next thing you'll try to tell me is that the NHL is still running, too.

Actually the CFL has been around longer than the "modern NFL" and is still running strong. Besides the Grey cup is a hell of a lot better looking trophy than that dinky lombardi POS. The NHL is still "running" , this year. Seriously though, if you count the stats Moon got with Edmonton as well as what he did in the NFL, I think he has the most yards and TDs of any QB in history (beating out Marino).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

I want to know why so many Americans know nothing about the CFL. I am currently going to school in the States and some people dont even know it exists.....It makes me so angry its a excellent leauge I wish it could just get some respect!!!

I have very little problem with the CFL. I think there is simply an attitude in this country (USA) that there is no pro football besides NFL football (USFL, WLF, Arena all fizzled). In some places (midwest included), there is no other sport besides pro football. I can attest to this as I can never find people in Wisconsin who want to play fantasy baseball.

The only bitterness I have against the CFL was when Bruce Clark refused to sign with the Packers after they drafted him, and he went to Toronto. Bart Starr did his best Dan Quayle impersonation by stating, "I don't know why anyone would rather go north and play in Toronto instead of Green Bay."

Toronto is actually south of Green Bay.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

honestly, we don't get a lot of cfl coverage here. the grey cup, maybe. but they don't even let you know when it's going to be on. i saw the grey cup a few years ago, and was pretty impressed... oh, and nobody plays fantasy baseball because it sucks. jsut like f. basketball, f. golf, f. nascar, etc.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by amavikesfan
    ... oh, and nobody plays fantasy baseball because it sucks.

Yeah, that's what everyone I ask keeps tellin' me. I'm a slow learner.

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Wow for someone who like the packer and dislikes the vikings, you sure do have a lot of posts for a start in a certain amount of days??? Let me ask ya something, Are you a closet viking fan or something?? theres nothing wrong with posting here at all as a packer fan, but im beginning to wonder if all the packer messageboards closed down or something for the offseason. You sure do like this board.[]

I retreated to my hidden lair to mastermind the Packer Draft Strategy. Unbeknownest to innocent Viking Fans like yourself, I concocted a Sinister Plot to jump right ahead of you in the third round to frustrate your ambitions to acquire the player of your dreams....B.J Sander, that's right--a PUNTER! What genius!

What a cruel twist for Vikings fans--- to devise a scheme so sublime you might just laugh yourself to death before the masterstroke!

(I do particpate in Packer forums, I came across this site as I'm also a general football fan and was searching for stories about the old Purple People Eaters and stuck around for a while before the draft until I only had free time for one site really)
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Yeah, that's what everyone I ask keeps tellin' me. I'm a slow learner.
    I started playing in 1984 when the originating book 'Rotisserie League Baseball" came out. I always thought it much more fun than Fantasy football, which copied the idea from that book, as your players played every day and something always happened.

The of course the strike came in '94 and I've hardly paid attention to baseball since. Fool me once, ('81) shame on you; fool me twice, ('94) shame on me....for ever giving a damn.

(it doesn't help that the Brewers have been uniformly awful ever since)
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12