Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

New Oliver Stone 9/11 Film Introduces 'Single Plane' Theory

New Oliver Stone 9/11 Film Introduces 'Single Plane' Theory

NEW YORK—Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone said Monday that his new film World Trade Center unveils "compelling and controversial" new evidence that a single plane was responsible for all four collisions in New York, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania on Sept. 11, 2001.

[img width=250 height=179]http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Oliver-Stone-Jump-Movie-Sti.article_0.jpg[/img]

"Get ready to go through the looking glass here, people," Stone told reporters at a Manhattan press conference before an advance screening of the movie, which premieres Wednesday. "The film you are about to see is going to blow the lid off the 9/11 Commission's official report and expose a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of government."

World Trade Center, which stars Nicolas Cage as a dedicated Port Authority officer who stumbles on secret evidence amid the rubble and carnage of the terrorist attack, tells a story quite different from what Stone called "the official government line" about the event. According to the film, at 8:46 a.m., a lone commercial airliner flew diagonally through the North Tower of the World Trade Center, maintained a circular holding pattern for approximately 17 minutes, then struck the South Tower before heading to the Pentagon.

After its collision with the center of American military operations, the so-called "magic plane"—which variously and ingeniously identified itself to air-traffic controllers as "American Airlines Flight 11," "United Airlines Flight 175," "American Airlines Flight 77" and "United Airlines Flight 93"—took to the skies once again, landing at a top-secret "black-ops" Air Force base in West Virginia, where it was reloaded with a group of clones from another shadowy government program that Stone described as "shocking."

Stone, who said he did not have time to explore the clone angle in the three-and-a-half-hour film, plans to do so in the sequel, September 12.

In a gripping sequence, undercover agents transmit pre-recorded cell-phone messages intended to fool loved ones and relatives with a false cover story as the aircraft heads to its final, prearranged crash site in the fields of southwestern Pennsylvania.

Viewers of the advance screening agreed that the most striking and pivotal scene was Cage's character's discovery of security-camera footage that affirmed the single-plane theory. Showing his skeptical but supportive wife the footage frame by frame, Cage notices that the so-called "first" plane, which, according to official, whitewashed reports, detonated upon impact with the North Tower in the initial collision, actually banks "back and to the left, circling for about 17 minutes, and then diving into the other tower." He repeats the phrase over and over in increasing intensity, toggling back and forth between individual frames while the music swells and the emotional drama rises to a fever pitch.

"After seeing that sequence, there's no way anyone can ever deny again that there was only one plane in the airspace over the eastern seaboard that morning," Stone said.

"I am the most important filmmaker working today," he added.

Early public reaction to the film has been skeptical. Many 9/11 conspiracy theorists claim Stone is presenting an exploitative, far-fetched, and manipulative Hollywood version of the pain and suffering—including eye strain and carpal tunnel syndrome—they have undergone during their countless hours on the Internet in the tragedy's aftermath.

Despite the controversy, Stone stands by his film. "This is a story that needs to be told, in a reality that only I can bring to the big screen," Stone said. "I realize it will be hard to accept for those unable to confront the truth, but I can't hide my head in the sand like some goddamn ostrich. To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men."

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Re: New Oliver Stone 9/11 Film Introduces 'Single Plane' Theory

Oh my god.... I never knew.. it HAS to be real
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Umm, yeahhhhhhhh.
    It slams into the Pentagon and then takes off again?

This sounds more farfetched than that goofball internet movie that was out that took unconnected granular facts and then wove a story around it.
    What was that called?

Not to say we did get all the facts of the day, we likely didn't,

Either way, this is still sensitive to many people, so treat it as such.
    Thanks.

Prophet Guest

It's still sensitive to me.
    Just liked the sploof on O.S.
    Bad taste, sorry if it offends people, wasn't meant to.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

It seems like Michael Moore had something to do with this. Oliver Stone has lost it

"I am the most important filmmaker working today," he added

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's still sensitive to me.
    Just liked the sploof on O.S.
    Bad taste, sorry if it offends people, wasn't meant to.
    I just meant you get a couple of folks in here arguing over this issue, that they should be forewarned to be considerate in their arguments and not just flame away.
    No harm in posting it.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I still shudder at the thought of people watchin Oliver Stone's JFK and taking it as fact! Likely people would believe this too....good spoof though!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

You people seem to forget that everything you read on the internet is FACT, ESPECIALLY coming from such an important director and model American as Oliver Stone.

;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Json is offline GM

One plane?
    Ok then!
    I beleive that one...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

All I know is they waited 50 years to make a Holocaust movie.

Why do they make something about 9/11 5 years later, personally, I think it's ridiculous that they've made this movie already, it's too fresh, and too sensitive to too many people still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast