Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Name

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New Name

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Can you believe it? Someone asking for a title? Clearly someone could ask for one :roll: or if you shoot your trap off enough and become friends with some of these yahoos around here they will ask web-o-rama to give you a unique title that befits you.

I am not sure how "I" got the Evil Twin :cussing: title, clearly I am one of the nicest :cheers: , well- tempered :headbang: , even :bs: keeled, solemn guys :blah5: on here and VIOLA!!! :evil4:

No, from what I am told, if someone were to ask for a name, it would take them that much longer to get one. This thread just needs to die, it was blown way out of proportion. I never asked for a dam name, just asked where my current one came from. Now please let it die down...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    Dude were all calm here, I'm just saying that these two quotes didn't seem to jive.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Like I also said before, if I get one, that will be cool. If I don't, then no big deal
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    So I haven't yet received a standout name... The Star Spokesman is automatic at 1750 posts... So when do I get a unique name?

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    and what was it again that was so unique that you got one at 600 posts? Like I said before, getting a unique name is all about who you know, or how long you have been here.
    Again the insinuation is that somehow you are getting short changed because you don't have a special name, and I must have cheated because I do at only 600 posts. I never once asked for or about any special name, in fact when I first got mine, I wasn't sure I was really thrilled about being called the "Hamper Hider" for the rest of my PPO life. But I quickly realized that as part of this my surrogate family it was a term of endearment, and I am happy to have it now.

Asking for one cheapens the value of getting one (for everyone). Its like the trophy they give all the kids in my daughters soccer league just for being on a team, if everyone has one just for showing up it doesn't mean the same as something you got for achieving or actually doing something. I (and others who posted similar thoughts I am sure) were merely trying to give some advice that asking for or about getting a name isn't the fastest way to get one. I don't "know" someone on here that did this great favor for me.

So you don't have to tell me to let it go, because that was all that I and some others were saying as well. If you just let it go, I am sure you might just get one someday when you least expect it.

Hey man, you show me where I asked FOR a unique name, and I will let it go.. I have never asked for a unique name before, and I never will. I saw that one second I was Hall Of Famer, and the next I was Star Spokesman.. All I asked is if I got it automatically, or if Webby gave it to me. Now how does that constitute asking for it? You need to get your facts straight..
    I just did. Just retrace your posts and you will find it.

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    So I haven't yet received a standout name... The Star Spokesman is automatic at 1750 posts... So when do I get a unique name?
    If that isnt asking for a unique name, what is?

Anyway I am just a jacka$$ so dont worry I am not upset or argueing, just trying to help.

There is a difference between asking when you get one, and asking for one.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

I was kiddin around. Dont sweat it.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Holy crap, why is this an issue. Step down.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456