Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    peadawg is offline Training Camp

Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "peadawg" wrote:
    Then I guess it's better for the masses that don't believe in religion, and believe in evolution to fault their ancestors...you know, rocks, primordial ooze, and the sorts, for the flaws they have.

Being a christian, I would rather believe I was created in Gods image, than to believe that I was a descendant of cosmic dust, spun around for "millions" of years, formed into a planet, became ooze, grew a tail, swam in the water, crawled out of the water, grew hair, started climbing trees, lost the hair...then to present day?

I don't hear anyone ever complain about the museums of science and what they spout.
    I don't hear anyone complain about the fact every school science book states the earth was formed "millions" of years ago...talk about brain washed.
    Carbon dating has been revealed as a flawed technology when determining age.
    Nobody at this museum is saying you have to visit the place.
    I also believe that we were created in God's image, and believe that evolution is the method in which He used to create us.
    I also believe that the creation process is on going. Both secular and theological study of the creation stories have led me to believe that the stories themselves were meant to explain not how creation happened, but why.
    Science is just allowing us to learn more and more about how it was done.

Saying that science books are brainwashing our children and disputing that the earth was created millions of years ago hurts Christianity more than it helps.
    It is akin to the people who used the creation stories to argue against the earth being round.
    And I must have missed the report that determined that Carbon dating is flawed, any links?

Everybody is allowed their own views.
    This is a private museum, so they have the right to present their views in this manner.
    It just saddens me that extreme interpretations of the Bible get so much press because it adds fuel to the fire of religion opposition groups.
    Couple of articles from people that have done research ion the topic.
    Take them as you will.

http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=79

http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=73

"Golf is the only sport you can talk about threesomes, foursomes, and the size of your balls. "

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"peadawg" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I must have missed the report that determined that Carbon dating is flawed, any links?
    Couple of articles from people that have done research ion the topic.
    Take them as you will.

http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=79

http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=73

I see the problem.
    It was in the semantics.

The articles you posted are absolutely correct. For instance:
    range from 5,300 to 5,700 years); in only ten cycles of this, there would be nothing left to measure in the extant specimen! This means that the absolute maximum age radiocarbon could date a specimen to would be around 56,300 years; yet daily society is barraged with reports that some new find was dated in the hundreds of thousands, and even millions of years using Carbon 14. Actually, after the sixth cycle or so, there would not be enough Carbon 14 in the sample to be measured; the upper limit then would be around 30,000 years.
    Actually, the accepted range for radio carbon dating is closer to 45,000 years because we have been able to more accurately calculate the amount of c14 in the atmosphere in the recent past.

Within that 45,000 year window, or even in the 30,000 year window that the article itself suggests, radio carbon dating is very accurate.
    What does that mean for the age of the earth? Nothing.

We don't use radio carbon dating to measure anything older than that.

Uranium-Lead dating is used for dating non-carbon based things, like rocks.
    The two different isotopes have half lives of 700 million years and 4.5 billion years.
    The age of a three billion year old rock can be determined plus or minus 2 million years (99.93% accurate).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    Good points all.
    I wonder when it is written about being "made in GOD's image" if that means he gave us a spirit to commune with him. Maybe not so much in the physical sense of our flesh being made in his image.

Just a thought.
    And here once again I like Del Respect
    Who is Del Respect?
    And why do you like him?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

peadawg,

I did want to say thank you for providing the links.
    The articles were well written and presented intelligently.
    It is much easier to understand the point of view behind creation science beliefs when they are presented in this manner.
    I may not agree with them, but at least I can respect them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

peadawg is offline Training Camp

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    peadawg,

I did want to say thank you for providing the links.
    The articles were well written and presented intelligently.
    It is much easier to understand the point of view behind creation science beliefs when they are presented in this manner.
    I may not agree with them, but at least I can respect them.
    NP,

I didn't want to come off as an "all-knowing" evangelist or anything.
    I watched the DVD's (Dr Dino), a couple years back when I first became a Christian.
    I always had my doubts (agnostic), I couldn't believe certain things without proof.
    Although he says things that make me say "yes, I believe that could happen", like you, I don't agree with some of his beliefs, or thoughts.

I tried to stay out of this debate as it's a never-ending topic beyond my scope.
    I don't think less of anyone for there beliefs, I know what I believe and am happy with my choice.
    The thing that got me was just a bit of bashing because someone wanted to create a museum about what they believed and how they interpret the bible.

I appreciate your response and opinions.
    "Golf is the only sport you can talk about threesomes, foursomes, and the size of your balls. "

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Christians make easy targets especially extreemly passionate ones.

I think it is good people stand up for their beliefs even on a web forum.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678