Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Json is offline GM

Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

I just wanted to say thanks Del Rio for honestly giving me a better point of view on this entire thing.
    Everything you said, makes sense to me and actually answers a few basic questions I have had for awhile.
    I'd take time to break down the exact things but I'm being lazy
    ;D

Regardless thanks thought !

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    These religious people just keeps toping themselves to astonish me time after time.

: : :
    Don't go lumping all people of religion into this.
    The views held by the owners of that museum represent a very small percentage of Christians worldwide.
    Literal interpretations of the Bible, especially the old testament, are not the norm.

Science and Religion can, should, and in many, many places, do co-exist.
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    - Albert Einstein

I try not to lump people into groups but the last two lines were very telling.
    A Gallup poll last year showed almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.
    ]
    50% percent don't believe in evolution makes me think that a good majority of christian people in America ignore science in favor of religion.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

Religion was created to teach morals and to answer unanswerable questions.
    People in general don't like the answer of I don't know.
    They want to know why.
    By saying cause God created it gives them an answer.

Look at the old times when tribes would sacrifice a human to appease the gods because there was a thunderstorm.
    They had no idea what a thunderstorm was so they assumed God was mad.
    Now that we all know what thunderstorms are and what creates them, we find their train of thought to be foolish.

No one knows where the universe came from or how it started so it makes sense to come up with the conclusion that "God" created it.
    POOF!

Personnally I find it hard to believe in that but to each their own.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Json" wrote:
    I just wanted to say thanks Del Rio for honestly giving me a better point of view on this entire thing.
    Everything you said, makes sense to me and actually answers a few basic questions I have had for awhile.
    ;D

Don't listen to what I say too much you will end up in hell like me. I'm cool with that though.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I try not to lump people into groups but the last two lines were very telling.
    A Gallup poll last year showed almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.
    50% percent don't believe in evolution makes me think that a good majority of christian people in America ignore science in favor of religion.
    I would actually like to see the Gallup poll, specifically to see how the questions was worded, because that seems awfully high to me.
    If it was presented as an either/or questions, I would not be surprised to see Christians side on the creationist idea.
    Gallup polls are usually fairly well worded, but in the absence of the actual poll results, we are simply accepting the reporter's analysis of them, which may or may not be valid.

I believe, as do many Christians, that the theory of evolution is a scientific answer to how man was created, while the Bible is a religious answer to why.
    Science cannot hope to answer why any more than religion can hope to answer how...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    ;D

Don't listen to what I say too much you will end up in hell like me. I'm cool with that though.
    In hell???
    Just for shacking up with a homewrecker?
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    ;D

In hell???
    LOL
    No for saying things like baby jesus can lick my balls and really not giving a shit. The falling in love thing is probably the least of my worries in terms of holy retribution. Social stigmata? Yeah ok so people get their panties in a wad......God? Not so much, but then again I think he likes to free ball.......because he can.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Religion was created to teach morals and to answer unanswerable questions.
    People in general don't like the answer of I don't know.
    They want to know why.
    By saying cause God created it gives them an answer.

Look at the old times when tribes would sacrifice a human to appease the gods because there was a thunderstorm.
    They had no idea what a thunderstorm was so they assumed God was mad.
    Now that we all know what thunderstorms are and what creates them, we find their train of thought to be foolish.

No one knows where the universe came from or how it started so it makes sense to come up with the conclusion that "God" created it.
    POOF!

Personnally I find it hard to believe in that but to each their own.
    LMAO.
    I know you probably weren't trying to be offensive, but seriously...
    comparing Christians with primitive tribes and human sacrifices?
    And I (like most Christians) am pretty sure that "God" created the universe with a BANG, not a POOF.
    At least that is what science tells us...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    ;D

In hell???
    LOL
    No for saying things like baby jesus can lick my balls and really not giving a pooh. The falling in love thing is probably the least of my worries in terms of holy retribution. Social stigmata? Yeah ok so people get their panties in a wad......God? Not so much, but then again I think he likes to free ball.......because he can.
    You do know that I am razzing you, don't you, Del?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Json is offline GM

No for saying things like baby jesus can lick my balls and really not giving a shit. The falling in love thing is probably the least of my worries in terms of holy retribution. Social stigmata? Yeah ok so people get their panties in a wad......God? Not so much, but then again I think he likes to free ball.......bec ause he can.
    I like to free ball.....because I can
    8)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast