Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76
  1. #21
    Json is offline GM
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    I just wanted to say thanks Del Rio for honestly giving me a better point of view on this entire thing.
    Everything you said, makes sense to me and actually answers a few basic questions I have had for awhile.
    I'd take time to break down the exact things but I'm being lazy
    ;D

    Regardless thanks thought !

  2. #22
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    These religious people just keeps toping themselves to astonish me time after time.



    : : :
    Don't go lumping all people of religion into this.
    The views held by the owners of that museum represent a very small percentage of Christians worldwide.
    Literal interpretations of the Bible, especially the old testament, are not the norm.

    Science and Religion can, should, and in many, many places, do co-exist.
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    - Albert Einstein


    I try not to lump people into groups but the last two lines were very telling.
    A Gallup poll last year showed almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

    Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.
    ]
    50% percent don't believe in evolution makes me think that a good majority of christian people in America ignore science in favor of religion.

  3. #23
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    Religion was created to teach morals and to answer unanswerable questions.
    People in general don't like the answer of I don't know.
    They want to know why.
    By saying cause God created it gives them an answer.

    Look at the old times when tribes would sacrifice a human to appease the gods because there was a thunderstorm.
    They had no idea what a thunderstorm was so they assumed God was mad.
    Now that we all know what thunderstorms are and what creates them, we find their train of thought to be foolish.

    No one knows where the universe came from or how it started so it makes sense to come up with the conclusion that "God" created it.
    POOF!

    Personnally I find it hard to believe in that but to each their own.

  4. #24
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    "Json" wrote:
    I just wanted to say thanks Del Rio for honestly giving me a better point of view on this entire thing.
    Everything you said, makes sense to me and actually answers a few basic questions I have had for awhile.
    I'd take time to break down the exact things but I'm being lazy
    ;D

    Regardless thanks thought !
    Don't listen to what I say too much you will end up in hell like me. I'm cool with that though.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  5. #25
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I try not to lump people into groups but the last two lines were very telling.
    A Gallup poll last year showed almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

    Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.
    50% percent don't believe in evolution makes me think that a good majority of christian people in America ignore science in favor of religion.
    I would actually like to see the Gallup poll, specifically to see how the questions was worded, because that seems awfully high to me.
    If it was presented as an either/or questions, I would not be surprised to see Christians side on the creationist idea.
    Gallup polls are usually fairly well worded, but in the absence of the actual poll results, we are simply accepting the reporter's analysis of them, which may or may not be valid.

    I believe, as do many Christians, that the theory of evolution is a scientific answer to how man was created, while the Bible is a religious answer to why.
    Science cannot hope to answer why any more than religion can hope to answer how...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #26
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    "Del" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    I just wanted to say thanks Del Rio for honestly giving me a better point of view on this entire thing.
    Everything you said, makes sense to me and actually answers a few basic questions I have had for awhile.
    I'd take time to break down the exact things but I'm being lazy
    ;D

    Regardless thanks thought !
    Don't listen to what I say too much you will end up in hell like me. I'm cool with that though.
    In hell???
    Just for shacking up with a homewrecker?
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #27
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    I just wanted to say thanks Del Rio for honestly giving me a better point of view on this entire thing.
    Everything you said, makes sense to me and actually answers a few basic questions I have had for awhile.
    I'd take time to break down the exact things but I'm being lazy
    ;D

    Regardless thanks thought !
    Don't listen to what I say too much you will end up in hell like me. I'm cool with that though.
    In hell???
    Just for shacking up with a homewrecker?
    LOL
    No for saying things like baby jesus can lick my balls and really not giving a shit. The falling in love thing is probably the least of my worries in terms of holy retribution. Social stigmata? Yeah ok so people get their panties in a wad......God? Not so much, but then again I think he likes to free ball.......because he can.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Religion was created to teach morals and to answer unanswerable questions.
    People in general don't like the answer of I don't know.
    They want to know why.
    By saying cause God created it gives them an answer.

    Look at the old times when tribes would sacrifice a human to appease the gods because there was a thunderstorm.
    They had no idea what a thunderstorm was so they assumed God was mad.
    Now that we all know what thunderstorms are and what creates them, we find their train of thought to be foolish.

    No one knows where the universe came from or how it started so it makes sense to come up with the conclusion that "God" created it.
    POOF!

    Personnally I find it hard to believe in that but to each their own.
    LMAO.
    I know you probably weren't trying to be offensive, but seriously...
    comparing Christians with primitive tribes and human sacrifices?
    And I (like most Christians) am pretty sure that "God" created the universe with a BANG, not a POOF.
    At least that is what science tells us...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    "Del" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    I just wanted to say thanks Del Rio for honestly giving me a better point of view on this entire thing.
    Everything you said, makes sense to me and actually answers a few basic questions I have had for awhile.
    I'd take time to break down the exact things but I'm being lazy
    ;D

    Regardless thanks thought !
    Don't listen to what I say too much you will end up in hell like me. I'm cool with that though.
    In hell???
    Just for shacking up with a homewrecker?
    LOL
    No for saying things like baby jesus can lick my balls and really not giving a pooh. The falling in love thing is probably the least of my worries in terms of holy retribution. Social stigmata? Yeah ok so people get their panties in a wad......God? Not so much, but then again I think he likes to free ball.......because he can.
    You do know that I am razzing you, don't you, Del?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    Json is offline GM
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

    No for saying things like baby jesus can lick my balls and really not giving a shit. The falling in love thing is probably the least of my worries in terms of holy retribution. Social stigmata? Yeah ok so people get their panties in a wad......God? Not so much, but then again I think he likes to free ball.......bec ause he can.
    I like to free ball.....because I can
    8)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hate messages found in museum suspect's car
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 03:29 PM
  2. New museum in New Orleans honors drinking
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 09:35 PM
  3. Flood Museum Underwater in Iowa
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 02:54 PM
  5. Rocket at museum found to be live
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 06:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •