Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

Theistic Evolution or something. That is what it is called when someone believes in evolution but they believe god created it.

That has always made me laugh, god is all knowing all powerful...... yet he has to make every animal individually? He isnt smart enough to create an ever changing enviroment where the plants and animals adapt so he doenst have to come down to earth every month and hand deliver baby panda bears?

If I choose to believe in god I like to think he is way smarter then you or I. I like to think he created stuff far beyone our comprehension....stuff that we are slowly chipping away at with science but will never fully understand. I dont like to think he waved a wand and a fluffy bunny appeared. He wove the fiber of DNA and created evolution.

You can embrace both science and religion and IMO it makes far more sense when you do so.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    These religious people just keeps toping themselves to astonish me time after time.

: : :
    Don't go lumping all people of religion into this.
    The views held by the owners of that museum represent a very small percentage of Christians worldwide.
    Literal interpretations of the Bible, especially the old testament, are not the norm.

Science and Religion can, should, and in many, many places, do co-exist.
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    - Albert Einstein

I was about to post the same thing.
    Taking the Bible literally is absoulety crazy.
    And to whomever mentioned it, a year to God is many many years longer than a year to us.
    I would tell you where it's said in the Bible if I could remember exactly where to find it but I can't at the moment.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Another controversial debate....are we turning into a differnt ppo(political persuasian.org).

Oh by the way OTA's recently took place. Heard Rice and Wade are headed to training camp as the starters.....if anyone cares.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Del" wrote:
    The bible isn't an accurate depiction of history and what I mean by that is even if you belive in it, it only tells you what is important to your faith it doesnt tell you EXACTLY what happened every day of the week every week of the month every month of the year......there are gaping holes in the history of the world.

Whether you believe it to be a work of god or not that is a fact. Problems start to occur when people assume they have the answers to histories timeline from 3 or so versus of religious text that probably was not intended to be a history lesson rather a moral lesson.

IMO the true purpose of the story of Noah is not that the world was flooded and said guy put two of every animal on the ark.......the purpose of the story is he had a huge undertaking to decide if he wanted to do.....the only thing he had to go on was faith everyone thought he was crazy. His situation is probably exaggerated.....why? Well because you grasp the seriousness of faith and diligence.....not so you think this guy ran around the continent grabbing 2 of each animal and the world was completely flooded.

This idea which I believe in is far too logical for most christians to adopt though. EVERYTHING is EXACTLY what it says it is. No story writer ever exaggerated......no author ever adjusts the facts of the situation to better get the moral understanding across to a wide range of people.
    While I agree the meaning of the Noah Story, there are actually other cultural references that name both Noah and the great flood, dating back even farther than the Bible.
    In the Epic of Gilgamesh, he is named Utnapishtim, and survived the flood with his family in a large boat.

The area between the Tigris and Euphrates actually has geological evidence showing that major flooding has happened in the past, covering thousands of square miles under water.
    Definitely enough to make the early civilizations believe the entire world had flooded. Another possibility is the flooding that occurred in the Mediterranean when the straight of Gibraltar broke, which would have flooded the entire basin in a matter of days.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    Another controversial debate....are we turning into a differnt ppo(political persuasian.org).

Oh by the way OTA's recently took place. Heard Rice and Wade are headed to training camp as the starters.....if anyone cares.
    This is the "Clubhouse". People talk about everything that is NOT football related. Your drivel is in the wrong Forum.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

One question though: What did Noah do with all of the dinosaur shit?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:

This is the "Clubhouse". People talk about everything that is NOT football related. Your drivel is in the wrong Forum.
    ROTF!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    One question though: What did Noah do with all of the dinosaur pooh?
    It made great fertilizer. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    The bible isn't an accurate depiction of history and what I mean by that is even if you belive in it, it only tells you what is important to your faith it doesnt tell you EXACTLY what happened every day of the week every week of the month every month of the year......there are gaping holes in the history of the world.

Whether you believe it to be a work of god or not that is a fact. Problems start to occur when people assume they have the answers to histories timeline from 3 or so versus of religious text that probably was not intended to be a history lesson rather a moral lesson.

IMO the true purpose of the story of Noah is not that the world was flooded and said guy put two of every animal on the ark.......the purpose of the story is he had a huge undertaking to decide if he wanted to do.....the only thing he had to go on was faith everyone thought he was crazy. His situation is probably exaggerated.....why? Well because you grasp the seriousness of faith and diligence.....not so you think this guy ran around the continent grabbing 2 of each animal and the world was completely flooded.

This idea which I believe in is far too logical for most christians to adopt though. EVERYTHING is EXACTLY what it says it is. No story writer ever exaggerated......no author ever adjusts the facts of the situation to better get the moral understanding across to a wide range of people.
    While I agree the meaning of the Noah Story, there are actually other cultural references that name both Noah and the great flood, dating back even farther than the Bible.
    In the Epic of Gilgamesh, he is named Utnapishtim, and survived the flood with his family in a large boat.

The area between the Tigris and Euphrates actually has geological evidence showing that major flooding has happened in the past, covering thousands of square miles under water.
    Definitely enough to make the early civilizations believe the entire world had flooded. Another possibility is the flooding that occurred in the Mediterranean when the straight of Gibraltar broke, which would have flooded the entire basin in a matter of days.
    Yes and none of the stories are conclusive and every one serves a moral purpose much greater then the historical snapshot.

And beliving the entire world has flooded when you have no internet or phones could mean your farm flooded.

The point remains.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    One question though: What did Noah do with all of the dinosaur pooh?
    It made great fertilizer. ;D
    For what?
    Those tall tales that they fabricated way back then?
    LOL

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast