Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

[size=13pt]New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark[/size]

By Andrea Hopkins Reuters - Saturday, May 26 06:44 pm

PETERSBURG, Ky (Reuters) - Like many modern museums, the newest U.S. tourist attraction includes some awesome exhibits -- roaring dinosaurs and a life-sized ship.

But only at the Creation Museum in Kentucky do the dinosaurs sail on the ship -- Noah's Ark, to be precise.

The Christian creators of the sprawling museum, unveiled on Saturday, hope to draw as many as half a million people each year to their state-of-the-art project, which depicts the Bible's first book, Genesis, as literal truth.

While the $27 million (13.6 million pound) museum near Cincinnati has drawn snickers from media and condemnation from U.S. scientists, those who believe God created the heavens and the Earth in six days about 6,000 years ago say their views are finally being represented.

"What we've done here is to give people an opportunity to hear information that is not readily available ... to challenge them that really you can believe the Bible's history," said Ken Ham, president of the group Answers in Genesis that founded the museum.

Here exhibits show the Grand Canyon took just days to form during Noah's flood, dinosaurs coexisted with humans and had a place on Noah's Ark, and Cain married his sister to people the earth, among other Biblical wonders.

Scientists, secularists and moderate Christians have pledged to protest the museum's public opening on Monday. An aircraft trailing a "Thou Shalt Not Lie" banner buzzed overhead during the museum's opening news conference.

Opponents argue that children who see the exhibits will be confused when they learn in school that the universe is 14 billion years old rather than 6,000.

"Teachers don't deserve a student coming into class saying 'Gee Mrs. Brown, I went to this fancy museum and it said you're teaching me a lie,'" Dr. Eugenie Scott, executive director of the National Centre for Science Education, told reporters before the museum opened.

A Gallup poll last year showed almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years.

Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Re: New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark

These religious people just keeps toping themselves to astonish me time after time.

: : :

[size=13pt]Bible-based museum uses dinosaurs to tell Earth's history on theme-park scale[/size]

Sat May 26, 5:29 AM

By Dylan T. Lovan

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]New museum says dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark[/size]

By Andrea Hopkins Reuters - Saturday, May 26 06:44 pm

...and Cain married his sister to people the earth, among other Biblical wonders.
    Well if these people are descendents of his, then that pretty much explains it.

Yes. There were dinosaurs in ancient Mesopotamia. No doubt about it.
    ???

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

So Cain was a Packers fan???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

What a waste of 27 million dollars. Anyone that doesn't believe in evolution doesn't believe in science. If you don't believe in science you should not be operating a science museum.
    Maybe I am missing something but evolution seems like a pretty sure thing, clearly scientists can prove that there was life on earth many thousands of years ago, long before 6,000 years ago.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

The bible isn't an accurate depiction of history and what I mean by that is even if you belive in it, it only tells you what is important to your faith it doesnt tell you EXACTLY what happened every day of the week every week of the month every month of the year......there are gaping holes in the history of the world.

Whether you believe it to be a work of god or not that is a fact. Problems start to occur when people assume they have the answers to histories timeline from 3 or so versus of religious text that probably was not intended to be a history lesson rather a moral lesson.

IMO the true purpose of the story of Noah is not that the world was flooded and said guy put two of every animal on the ark.......the purpose of the story is he had a huge undertaking to decide if he wanted to do.....the only thing he had to go on was faith everyone thought he was crazy. His situation is probably exaggerated.....why? Well because you grasp the seriousness of faith and diligence.....not so you think this guy ran around the continent grabbing 2 of each animal and the world was completely flooded.

This idea which I believe in is far too logical for most christians to adopt though. EVERYTHING is EXACTLY what it says it is. No story writer ever exaggerated......no author ever adjusts the facts of the situation to better get the moral understanding across to a wide range of people.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    These religious people just keeps toping themselves to astonish me time after time.

Don't go lumping all people of religion into this.
    The views held by the owners of that museum represent a very small percentage of Christians worldwide.
    Literal interpretations of the Bible, especially the old testament, are not the norm.

Science and Religion can, should, and in many, many places, do co-exist.
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    - Albert Einstein

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Del" wrote:
    The bible isn't an accurate depiction of history and what I mean by that is even if you belive in it, it only tells you what is important to your faith it doesnt tell you EXACTLY what happened every day of the week every week of the month every month of the year......there are gaping holes in the history of the world.

Whether you believe it to be a work of god or not that is a fact. Problems start to occur when people assume they have the answers to histories timeline from 3 or so versus of religious text that probably was not intended to be a history lesson rather a moral lesson.

IMO the true purpose of the story of Noah is not that the world was flooded and said guy put two of every animal on the ark.......the purpose of the story is he had a huge undertaking to decide if he wanted to do.....the only thing he had to go on was faith everyone thought he was crazy. His situation is probably exaggerated.....why? Well because you grasp the seriousness of faith and diligence.....not so you think this guy ran around the continent grabbing 2 of each animal and the world was completely flooded.

This idea which I believe in is far too logical for most christians to adopt though. EVERYTHING is EXACTLY what it says it is. No story writer ever exaggerated......no author ever adjusts the facts of the situation to better get the moral understanding across to a wide range of people.
    Very well said.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Don't go lumping all people of religion into this.
    The views held by the owners of that museum represent a very small percentage of Christians worldwide.
    Literal interpretations of the Bible, especially the old testament, are not the norm.

Science and Religion can, should, and in many, many places, do co-exist.
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    - Albert Einstein

Well you're right.

I'm a Christian myself, and I would hate to be thrown in with people like this that dumps on evolution.

What I tried to point out that people that does things like making museums like this astonishes me.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast