Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New low for NFL

Vikefantam is offline Rookie

New low for NFL

http://tinyurl.com/kutuv7

Just when you thought the NFL couldn't sink any lower with their greed, out come the Michael Vick dog jerseys.
    Next thing you know, they'll market jerseys of guys who have committed murder.
    Oh, wait....
    Tammy

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: New low for NFL

They aren't marketing it.
    There has always been the ability to create custom dog jerseys for any team on nfl.com.
    If you go to the page, it just shows a jersey with 00 and 'Your Name' on it.
    It isn't like they are splashing pics of a dog wearing a Vick jersey anywhere.

Further more, if you actually try and type VICK in to the custom field, it rejects it and replaces VICK with NAME, just like they do for every other name they don't allow on custom products on nfl.com.
    So no, you can't get a custom dog jersey with Vick's name on it.

This is a good example of someone writing and article without doing the research first.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vikefantam is offline Rookie

Re: New low for NFL/Vick

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    There has always been the ability to create custom dog jerseys for any team on nfl.com.

Further more, if you actually try and type VICK in to the custom field, it rejects it and replaces VICK with NAME, just like they do for every other name they don't allow on custom products on nfl.com.

This is a good example of someone writing and article without doing the research first.
    It was my bad, then.
    Even though the author wrote the article, probably without doing enough research, I should have researched it more.
    I had heard it from 2 different sources and you do have to admit the fact that it's reaching the news, so we now have a larger audience.
    Perhaps the author of the above just wanted to stir the pot.

He has tainted the Eagles IMO.
    How many dog owners/lovers everywhere are actually going to buy an Eagles jersey for their dog?
    Falcons fans?
    And where do we draw the line as far as letting convicted felons back into the league?
    What if he were a child molester instead?
    A murderer?
    Killed someone while DUI?
    Sold drugs?
    Performed armed robbery?
    Maybe I live too much back in the 70s and 80s (where I grew up on footbal), but I think morality in the NFL has just gone to pot, especially since the 70s.
    I applaud all the teams who passed on him.
    I'm sorry, but entertainment just isn't that important to me when it comes down to things like this.
    I have stated, (and would have fallen thru) that if the Vikes picked him up, for the first time in 35 years, sad as it would be, I'd quit following the team until he was gone.
    I mean, I have 3 pugs and love them dearly and the thought of anyone harming them drives me crazy.
    Same goes for all dogs.
    As it is, the NFL has disgusted me enough with some of the players who have been allowed back in (Ray Lewis for example, but I'm sure he wasn't let back in just because he's so talented, right?
    If he were no better than 3rd or 2nd string, how many people would buy their jerseys after they were convicted).
    I wonder of NFL.com would let me buy an Eagles jersey with the name entered as "dog killer" on the back.
    What's going to happen for Burress?
    Yes, I am pro-gun and have a concealed carry license so it's not like I'm an anti-gun fanatic.
    What about Stallworth?
    Why even worry about committing these crimes when you'll either just be slapped on the wrist or at most spend a couple or few years in the slammer.
    Why worry about the NFL's drug policy?
    You're suspended for 4 games but more than likely you already have millions in the bank, so you just get 4 weeks off.
    :
    Don't worry.
    You'll have a job somewhere when you get out.
    Where do we draw the line?
    When are we going to hold these players accountable in the NFL's eyes?

Tammy

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikefantam" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

It was my bad, then.
    Even though the author wrote the article, probably without doing enough research, I should have researched it more.
    I had heard it from 2 different sources and you do have to admit the fact that it's reaching the news, so we now have a larger audience.

How many dog owners/lovers everywhere are actually going to buy an Eagles jersey for their dog?
    Falcons fans?
    And where do we draw the line as far as letting convicted felons back into the league?
    A murderer?
    Sold drugs?
    Performed armed robbery?
    Maybe I live too much back in the 70s and 80s (where I grew up on footbal), but I think morality in the NFL has just gone to pot, especially since the 70s.
    I'm sorry, but entertainment just isn't that important to me when it comes down to things like this.
    I have stated, (and would have fallen thru) that if the Vikes picked him up, for the first time in 35 years, sad as it would be, I'd quit following the team until he was gone.
    I mean, I have 3 pugs and love them dearly and the thought of anyone harming them drives me crazy.
    Same goes for all dogs.
    As it is, the NFL has disgusted me enough with some of the players who have been allowed back in (Ray Lewis for example, but I'm sure he wasn't let back in just because he's so talented, right?
    If he were no better than 3rd or 2nd string, how many people would buy their jerseys after they were convicted).
    I wonder of NFL.com would let me buy an Eagles jersey with the name entered as "dog killer" on the back.
    Yes, I am pro-gun and have a concealed carry license so it's not like I'm an anti-gun fanatic.
    What about Stallworth?
    Why even worry about committing these crimes when you'll either just be slapped on the wrist or at most spend a couple or few years in the slammer.
    You're suspended for 4 games but more than likely you already have millions in the bank, so you just get 4 weeks off.
    :
    Don't worry.

I agree with you on your stance.
    I think that anyone convicted of a felony should be suspended indefinitely from the NFL.
    I do think that the commissioner should have the ability to reinstate them depending on the circumstances, but that should be the exception not the rule.

There are other avenues available to players to continue to make a living.
    UFL, CFL, international leagues, etc.
    I think that playing in the NFL should be a privilege, not a right.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Its all about making the money. If people buy this, then the NFL is doing their job.
    We're bringing purple back.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

When are they going to sell OJ gloves?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    When are they going to sell OJ gloves?
    LMAO!

Big Matt is offline Starter

"Vikefantam" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

It was my bad, then.

Falcons fans?
    A murderer?
    Sold drugs?
    Performed armed robbery?
    Same goes for all dogs.
    What about Stallworth?
    :
    Don't worry.

But why should the NFL set itself above the legal system? Whatever you think of Vicks crimes, he has served the sentence passed down to him trough our legal system. Why now should the NFL further punsih him?
    What would happen if you had commited the same crime and then afterwards couldn't get a job because the companies you applied to, didnt want to tarnish their image?
    I know its a little different in the NFL with the millions involved, the lifestyles and the high profiles but that is not the fault of the NFL.
    I admit to having mixed feelings about Vick coming back, but dont blame the NFL for doing what they have done

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Big" wrote:
    "Vikefantam" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

It was my bad, then.

Falcons fans?
    A murderer?
    Sold drugs?
    Performed armed robbery?
    Same goes for all dogs.
    What about Stallworth?
    :
    Don't worry.

But why should the NFL set itself above the legal system? Whatever you think of Vicks crimes, he has served the sentence passed down to him trough our legal system. Why now should the NFL further punsih him?
    What would happen if you had commited the same crime and then afterwards couldn't get a job because the companies you applied to, didnt want to tarnish their image?
    I know its a little different in the NFL with the millions involved, the lifestyles and the high profiles but that is not the fault of the NFL.
    I admit to having mixed feelings about Vick coming back, but dont blame the NFL for doing what they have done
    People need to realize, first and formost, the NFL is a business.
    The goal is to make money.
    If they think Vick will attract fans, sell tickets and merchandise, you can bet your ass he'll be back.
    You notice that Onterrio Smith never got re-instated, yet Ricky Williams did?
    Why?
    Nobody gives a shit about Onterrio Smith.

"Vikefantam" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

It was my bad, then.

Falcons fans?
    A murderer?
    Sold drugs?
    Performed armed robbery?
    Same goes for all dogs.
    What about Stallworth?
    :
    Don't worry.

So, doing drugs is fine, but not selling? Ok, got it.
    and only killing someone by DUI is bad? got that as well.
    I guess that's a good opinion to have. The reason:
    Harvin was caught with drugs in his system. He hasn't played a down in the NFL, but he will.
    Jared Allen Has a DUI. He's the focal point of our defense.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast