Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bearitall" wrote:
    I downloaded it on my desktop and I think that it sucks also!
    How do you uninstall and reinstall the 6.0 or what ever was just on there?
    You can't.
    I downloaded IE from MS and when I tried to install it, it would not let me because I already have a newer version.
    I am sure there is a way, but I do not know how.

    Dang you Bill floopen Gates!
    Will it work if you use "System Restore" & go back to a restore point prior to installing the newer version?
    No, system restore will not let you go past install/uninstall of major programs. At least I haven't been able to do it.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Sorry to say it, but IE is a dinosaur ... FireFox is the only way to go !!
    Problem is I use MSN & doesn't IE explorer affect what MSN does?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    171

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    I have had it for a couple of months. Never had 1 problem. But I am at work so I don't have games or porn on my computer slowing things down like most of you. I will check out Firefox, see what thats all about.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    "Irwin" wrote:
    I have had it for a couple of months. Never had 1 problem. But I am at work so I don't have games or porn on my computer slowing things down like most of you. I will check out Firefox, see what thats all about.
    You mean we're not supposed to look at porn at work.
    Crap.
    Next they'll be saying we can't drink at work either... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Sorry to say it, but IE is a dinosaur ... FireFox is the only way to go !!
    Problem is I use MSN & doesn't IE explorer affect what MSN does?

    Not as far as I know.
    Been using FireFox for a couple years now, no problems.
    Very seldom do I run into a situation where I can only use IE and usually it's the website/applications issue with their coding, not FireFox's.
    It's waaaaay more stable than IE can ever dream of being.

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Sorry to say it, but IE is a dinosaur ... FireFox is the only way to go !!
    Problem is I use MSN & doesn't IE explorer affect what MSN does?

    Not as far as I know.
    Been using FireFox for a couple years now, no problems.
    Very seldom do I run into a situation where I can only use IE and usually it's the website/applications issue with their coding, not FireFox's.

    It's waaaaay more stable than IE can ever dream of being.
    I have rarely had MSN "Encounter Problems & have to restart" until after I upgraded to IE 7.0.

    I'm not a computer guru so I don't know for sure, but somehow, something is affecting the way it's been performing since I upgraded.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    I agree that FireFox is the better browser.
    IE was getting better, but then they came out with 7.0 and the pooh hit the fan.

    I am a software engineer, and we have to code for cross browser compliance in our web app, so I spend quite a bit of time on each.
    I have to say that my favorite Firefox feature is the inherent spell check in the form fields.
    Awesome!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    I removed it.
    It sucked donkey balls!

    I went to my Control Panel and removed the upgrade.
    Then I restarted my PC.
    It was gone and I am happy.

    Now back to amateur webcams!
    Yeah!!!

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: The new IE 7.0....did you upgrade yet?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I removed it.
    It sucked donkey balls!

    I went to my Control Panel and removed the upgrade.
    Then I restarted my PC.
    It was gone and I am happy.

    Now back to amateur webcams!
    Yeah!!!
    I'm back to 6.0 also. So far so good

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Forums Upgrade
    By Webby in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
  2. Name upgrade
    By vikenheel_zdl16 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 05:56 PM
  3. Looking more like a "upgrade" in the draft
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
  4. Upgrade at QB!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 07:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •