Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

the new football digest is garbage

I guess we can't really disagree with you on that stuff purplepat!! I was as excited as anyone picking up Walker, and Claiborne and Irvin. We all know how Walker ended up. Claiborne and Irvin played well I thought when they were in. Hopefully they can both stay healthy this year!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Kind of off the topic, but do any of you sit down with the sunday paper in the morning... and make picks? That is one of my favorite things to do! I love to sit there and pick who I think is going to win and debate why I think it. Last year I had a LOT of wrong picks! Now I personally don't think that I'm that clueless, there was a lot of weird things that happened last year![/quote]

my ex and i used to make our picks after the last preseason game for the entire season. that was for the '99 and the 2000 seasons. i think i had like a 70% rate. pretty good i think. she did pretty good too.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Did you stop doing it amavikesfan? 70% that's pretty good!! You should take those odds to Vegas!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Havent done to well with these kind of things. I think the best i got was like 4 games wrong. Still trying to shoot higher this year.

BTW anyone have this type of game in there local newspapers where you pick the teams to win and then mail your choices the thursday or so before the upcoming sunday? we have that down here and i believe you win a trip for two to vegas or something like that. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Did you stop doing it amavikesfan? 70% that's pretty good!! You should take those odds to Vegas!!
    No don't do it. I bet on football all season every season and all it takes is one loss to ruin a ticket. I've won a couple times but loss more than I've won :rr:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

not into beting or tring to pick to the winer ahead of the game, I live one day at a time and hope I am there to watch it happen
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Have you guys ever gone a week and not had any games wrong? I have had two weeks where I only got one wrong, but I have never been perfect!! Maybe this year!!
    Last year my best week was when I missed 2 games.

What was your best pick last year? Mine last year was the Chargers over the Vikes. Yes, belive it or not, I actually picked that. I had a very bad feeling about that game, and the fact that I needed Tomlinson to pull through big for my fantasy team that week didn't help........

My best week last year was 2 wrong also. I have actually had a week where i got every game right and then the next week i only got 1 wrong, but that was like 12 or 13 years ago, I was only around 12 years old and didn't use a lot of logic then.

My best pick last year, was cinci over KC, for KC's first loss. I was in a pool with 29 other guys, and they all picked KC. They couldn't believe when I got that game right. Unfortunately I got a bunch of others wrong that week.

As for the vikes being picked 3rd in the division, I like to see some negative predictions on the vikes. I hate when all the predictions are good. Then the players read them all, and expect to be good. This usually results in less effort. We need some guys saying we will suck, so our guys don't get too big of heads.

Everybody who makes the predictions, has teams they like and dislike. Unfoprtuantely there are some guys that dislike the vikes, and thus they might pick us to do badly.

I can easily see the packers finishing 1st in the division, but the lions finshing better than us??? NO WAY! The lions will be better than last year, but will be very lucky to be a .500 team. They are way too young at QB, RB, #1 WR, and #2 WR, plus there d will suck again. 6-10 is a better prediction of the lions record next year.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"amavikesfan" wrote:
    Kind of off the topic, but do any of you sit down with the sunday paper in the morning... and make picks? That is one of my favorite things to do! I love to sit there and pick who I think is going to win and debate why I think it. Last year I had a LOT of wrong picks! Now I personally don't think that I'm that clueless, there was a lot of weird things that happened last year!
    my ex and i used to make our picks after the last preseason game for the entire season. that was for the '99 and the 2000 seasons. i think i had like a 70% rate. pretty good i think. she did pretty good too.[/quote]

My question for you, and all the other related "picking" posts, is are you just picking the winners, or picking the winners against the spread?

Just picking the winners is easy, picking winners against the spread is much harder. If you indeed can pick 70% winners against the spread, you should be betting money. I won money every week on the Vikings the first six games of the year last season (especially nice week one because I had money laying on the Vikings to cover the spread, and also on them to win outright which paid much better odds). Then bet my whole bankroll on the Vikings to cover the spread against the Giants at home (less than a TD, as I recall), and of course, the Vikings lost the game outright.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I just pick the winners and have a hard enough time with that. Last year, my ex and I did so with his family, and his mom that doesn't even like football almost beat us all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12