Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

the new football digest is garbage

Has anyone seen the football digest I know that in other posts that I said that go ahead and underestimate us but they have the packers winning the division with the LIONS of all teams in second place!!!! Of course they have have the BEAGLES and the pats in the superbowl. I don't see that happening unless America catches bin Laden or something else that happens to America :evil:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I like to read them but i dont listen to there shit, its all BS and never is acurate, no one can really predict whats goin to happen, who thought the panthers would be in the superbowl after winning very few games the year before, who thought the vikings would go 9-7, yes us but did any of those books predict us at 9-7 no mostly at like 6-10 or 7-9, they thought we would be a lossing team but we wern't.

The other day i was reading one and they said that claborne was no good, he takes bad angles and misses alot of tackles WHAT, and then they said EJ was the best LB we have witch i hope is true

If you go back to them at the end of the year u can see how inacurate there predictions are

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Not everyone is going to pick us to win. Some just have a feeling other teams can do it and others just want to be different then what the majority is predicting.
    Nothing wrong with it except the fact that it will be wrong anywayz.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

silvermane is offline Rookie

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I like to read them but i dont listen to there shit, its all BS and never is acurate, no one can really predict whats goin to happen, who thought the panthers would be in the superbowl after winning very few games the year before, who thought the vikings would go 9-7, yes us but did any of those books predict us at 9-7 no mostly at like 6-10 or 7-9, they thought we would be a lossing team but we wern't.

The other day i was reading one and they said that claborne was no good, he takes bad angles and misses alot of tackles WHAT, and then they said EJ was the best LB we have witch i hope is true

If you go back to them at the end of the year u can see how inacurate there predictions are
    thats right it is fun to read these predictions to see where they have your team but how many of them are usually right? all these analysts see the offseason differently and a move that a team made might mean more to one guy and nothing to another.

this season is hard to predict because look at what happened in the free agency. there were a lot of big moves this offseason more than the last couple years i think. there is no way of knowing what's going to happen but this year will be very exciting...especially because it will be the year the detroit lions restore the roar! don't laugh too hard guys...

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

don't worry silver... I am only snickering. This year you guys will definately be on the rise, and I do believe that next year you will be a team to reckon with. I just don't feel that you are going to beat us in the division this year, but then again I don't feel that the Packers will either.

Analysts all DO see things differently, just as different fans see things differently. We don't have to agree with it, but last year I was suprised by a lot that happened so I don't expect this year to be any different.

Kind of off the topic, but do any of you sit down with the sunday paper in the morning... and make picks? That is one of my favorite things to do! I love to sit there and pick who I think is going to win and debate why I think it. Last year I had a LOT of wrong picks! Now I personally don't think that I'm that clueless, there was a lot of weird things that happened last year!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yes I do TNT!! Me, my girlfriend, her dad and her brother have made picks for the last two years. Last year I won by 8 games or something like that!! It's fun to do it. We never pick our own games though. I don't pick the Vikings games and they don't pick the packers games. We just assume you are always going to pick your team and it is really frustrating if your team loses AND you get a pick wrong.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

TNT, I also sit there and pick games while reading the sports section on Sunday.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Have you guys ever gone a week and not had any games wrong? I have had two weeks where I only got one wrong, but I have never been perfect!! Maybe this year!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The Packers are certainly capable of winning the division. The Lions are probably capable of finishing 2nd. I think it would take some very bad luck for the Vikings to finish lower than 2nd, but it could happen.

Many prognosticators will remember 5-11 in 2001, 6-10 in 2002, and finishing 2003 3-7, losing to the four worst teams in the league in the process. They also remember the mid to low 20s rated defense.

On paper, the Vikings look much improved. We thought the same thing last year with the addition of Denard Walker, Chris Claiborne and Ken Irvin. Injuries, poor play and old age cost the Vikings several victories. Until they prove it on the field, there will always be doubters in the Vikings, who have been and will continue to be labeled "chokers" until they prove otherwise. Let them eat crow!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Have you guys ever gone a week and not had any games wrong? I have had two weeks where I only got one wrong, but I have never been perfect!! Maybe this year!!
    Last year my best week was when I missed 2 games.

What was your best pick last year? Mine last year was the Chargers over the Vikes. Yes, belive it or not, I actually picked that. I had a very bad feeling about that game, and the fact that I needed Tomlinson to pull through big for my fantasy team that week didn't help........

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast