Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: New Defensive Coordinator

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Congrats Ultra! But if you're already Head Coach isn't it a step backwards? Or do you do multiple coaching positions?
    I am a Head Coach for a youth Flag Football team, 7-9 year olds.

The Def. Coordinator is for a tackle team in the fall. Flag is fun, but time to move on to the tackle.

I guess you could say I do multiple coaching positions. I am not going to coach flag in the fall now.

Thanks buddy!
    Clearly noted. Once again, Congrats.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Schleppy" wrote:
    Great job Ultra. I'm coaching my sons minor league baseball team this year, after 4 years of t-ball(my daughter plays too) and one year assistant coach at minor league level. I have a Team Win approach to coaching. Since its all instructional, everyone plays at as many positions as possible with the concept that a TEAM win is the goal. Fun, learn and team win are my three motos. Alot parents would pull their kids to ensure they were on a Winning team, thats find. I'd rather see a kid improve and lose instead of winning while a kid sits the bench.(all-star teams are for that). I throw in baseball trivia and chalk board sessions. My fondest memories are of a team that I played on that went 7-7. The coach play everyone and everyone helped each other. I played for an undefeated team once and some kids didn't play much, those medals are in box somewhere. I would love to start a youth football program here, any ideas Ultra. thanks
    Thats great! Very rewarding, isn't it?

Starting a football program. I guess the biggest thing you may need is a little cash. Talk with the City also and see about using some of the parks and such.

Our league is co-sponsored by the NFL. We have real NFL logo jerseys, sweet. Here is the NFL link if you would like more info: http://www.jointheteam.com/features/?f=39&p=15&c=1

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Have any Pro players came out to visit you guys yet?
    My friend's son is in something similar and one day when they were playing, David Car and some other guys from the texans showed up to show support.

PBDragon is offline Training Camp

That sounds like alot of fun Ultra. My son is going to be 7 late June. Do you know of a program he can join in the south metro?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    Have any Pro players came out to visit you guys yet?
    My friend's son is in something similar and one day when they were playing, David Car and some other guys from the texans showed up to show support.
    No, not yet. We'll probably get some Brown! :roll:

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Way to go my man!!!
    Keep up the good work!!!!

Del Rio Guest

Damn you ultra I thought we got one It was actually going to be a great Monday......Gratz though.

mark is offline Asst. Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    As many of you know I currently am a Head Coach for my sons' Flag Football team; 7-9 year olds. He will be moving to tackle in the fall and I have accepted the LB's Coach position.

Today I was offered to be the Defensive Coordinator! I was really surprised and honored to have been offered that position! I will now be able to help mold one heck of a cohesive fighting unit! Its gonna be sweet.

At the age level, he will be playing a 5-4 defense! The kids we have on the team were chosen from my sons' baseball team and are very good athletes and intelligent kids! I am really looking forward to it!
    Cool, that sounds like it would be really fun
    <!--
    sig -->

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12