Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

NEVER FORGET -- September 11th, 2007

I find it disheartening first off, that I'm the first one to post about this.. at 6pm

Today is the seventh anniversary of the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, that shook, broke, shocked, and unified a nation.
    The impenetrable, invulnerable United States of America, sat in awe as we watched from our television sets (and some, from their own eyes), our two tallest buildings get hit by airplanes.
    No one could believe it, sure we've had the bombings before, but hijacked planes flown directly into skyscrapers?
    It was unheard of, and worse yet it didn't stop, until two more planes crashed, one into the Pentagon, and one into a field in Pennsylvania (thanks to the brave people aboard).

Think back seven years.
    Think of the 2,974 people (excluding the 19 terrorists, and 24 people who are missing but presumed dead) that lost their lives on that day.
    Where were you?
    What was going through your head?

Too many people dwell on the tiny problems of life, and I know, the best thing to do after a tragedy such as this is to move on with your lives, don't be beaten, and I commend this country for doing that.
    However, don't take that for granted.
    I challenge each and every one of you, at least for today.
    Don't complain about the small things that might go wrong, put aside your difference, and just reflect.
    Be thankful to be alive.

To all the servicemen and women, to all the volunteers, policemen, firefighters, hospital workers, etc, etc, that have fought and died that day and since, god bless you.
    God bless America, and most importantly, know this, we will NEVER FORGET

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Re: NEVER FORGET -- September 11th, 2007

Here are my favorite 9/11 Tributes.
    I still can't watch these without bringing a tear to my eye

9/11 -- I Miss You Daddy
    [youtube=425,350]A0tzBVOEBto[/youtube]

I Believe - A 9/11 Tribute
    [youtube=425,350]8oOW-1OwtCA[/youtube]

9/11 Tribute (The Fray)
    [youtube=425,350]lHstQv8C2zQ[/youtube]

When the World Stopped Turning: A 9/11 tribute (Alan Jackson)
    [youtube=425,350]AW8puRqE4Sc[/youtube]

[img width=450 height=365]http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v335/193/32/63911647/n63911647_34663120_7014.jpg[/img]

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Props for the thread man...it was way past due today.

Sad to say, it was almost 11:00 today before I realized the date.
    I heard nothing on the radio in my 1 hour + drive into work.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Still one of those days that I can remember all sorts of little details like it was yesterday.
    Such a sad event that changed our lives in so many ways.
    It's still a horrific day that the lives of all those people were stolen by a bunch of religious thugs.

Another great shame that is 7 years after the attacks happened, not a gol 'darnit thing has been dedicated to their honor(at the WTC site).
    I wish the red tape and politics could be put aside for something more than a photo op, and something be built to honor those who died for nothing more than being proud citizens of the U.S.A.

Lost but not forgotten just like all those who have died for the freedom of our country.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

As a former active duty and now a reservist thank you.
    I wanted to bring it up but I didn't want people to think I only did becasue I am a part of the military.
    Let's never forget what happened 7 years ago.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

"ejmat" wrote:
    As a former active duty and now a reservist thank you.
    I wanted to bring it up but I didn't want people to think I only did becasue I am a part of the military.
    Let's never forget what happened 7 years ago.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
    No need to thank me for something that should already be on everyones mind, I would have done this earlier but I had work and class until now.
    I'm disappointed, I've been up since 8, and I've seen photo-ops of McCain & Obama, and thats it.
    About an hour ordeal early in the morning, and thats all the tribute they seemed was necessary

- Dan Calabrese

"Schutz" wrote:
    Still one of those days that I can remember all sorts of little details like it was yesterday.
    It's still a horrific day that the lives of all those people were stolen by a bunch of religious thugs.

Another great shame that is 7 years after the attacks happened, not a gol 'darnit thing has been dedicated to their honor(at the WTC site). I wish the red tape and politics could be put aside for something more than a photo op, and something be built to honor those who died for nothing more than being proud citizens of the U.S.A.

Lost but not forgotten just like all those who have died for the freedom of our country.
    Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Tower

- Dan Calabrese

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

Another great shame that is 7 years after the attacks happened, not a gol 'darnit thing has been dedicated to their honor(at the WTC site). I wish the red tape and politics could be put aside for something more than a photo op, and something be built to honor those who died for nothing more than being proud citizens of the U.S.A.

Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Tower
    There's still not one I-Beam up for this yet... I can even take a picture to show you. It's still a hole in the ground.

I think that's what he's saying.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Thanks for the Thread. I have been at a rememberance ceremony all day. I find it hard to believe there was not more coverage From the Media. After the attacks this country woke up and started to be nice to each other for awhile. Flags were flying from houses business's and vehicles. Unfortunately the flags have come down the unity has dissolved and again we have started to forget to care for our fellow Americans. We have a long road to travel with the whole terrorist thing so lets all try and stick together and Please Support our Troops. Wether you think this right or wrong they are doing the job they swore they would. Bless all of you and God Bless The USA.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I remember it vividly...thanks for posting.

I prefer to honor those who died in a quiet, personal way (rather than going to the site). I will never forget that morning and how it unfolded. Later during that week 7 years ago, I visited some of the firehouses in the area that lost as many as 11 firefighters...spoke to some of the guys, thanked them, cried a little, said some prayers and left some flowers.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast