Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

nervous....anyone words of wisdom

hey fellas and ladies i uhh am a freshman wr i still have my redshirt and had been playing scout team i for the lsat couple weeks ive played very well and coach asked me to dress and maybe loss my redshirt but he didnt know how much id play i was guessing i was about the 6/7 wr well we won the game big but we only used 2 wideouts so i didnt get it but coming into prac i find out our #1 wr has a sore knee and is gonna take it easy and coach is startikng me ive never played a down so..........i was freeking out cuz i hadnt run our plays at all all id done is run the opposing teams plays and now ive been cramming to learn ours so im pretty nervous and i was just wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom or ideas to help me pic up the plays faster
    Can Someone please Hook me up with a Sig

Prophet Guest

Re: nervous....anyone words of wisdom

Even the most complicated playbook can be boiled down into different categories of plays and you can then organize the plays into a hierarchy from easiest to most difficult within each category. Memorize the easiest plays within each category and then build on those plays with the more complicated plays. Before you know it, you'll be ready to roll. Good luck!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Just stay composed. If you have a question you better ask. There is nothing that will piss a coach/QB off more than you running the wrong route.

So have you already lost your redshirt? If you are that low on the depth chart I would think about staying redshirted until you know the system better next year. Good luck in whatever you do.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

Shame on you man, that's why they tell you to know your plays EVEN if you are redshirting. :grin:

All I can say is good luck, try your best. Once you get hit once you will calm down and your natural talent will take over. As far as plays go do your best. Be honest with your coaching staff. If you are out there and he calls stuff you don't know it is going to hurt the team.

well coming into the season i was doing great learnging the o during camp but i messed my ankle up and i dint prac for 3 weeks when i came back i was behind so he didnt play me.....so i worked scout team..and coach had been watching adn saw that i was kinda standing out decided to bring me up and for a week ive been studying the plays and working with the first team he likes what i do but he knows im iffy on the o but he thinks im better then the others

i guess ill see how i do but im learning more every day we play saturday so i should be alright right now im jsut focusing on the plays were gonna run saturday so time will tell thanks

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Where do you go to school nextvikingsstar? How is your team doing?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

oh yeah and we run a no huddle offense all the time never huddle unless under 4 mins in the half its gonna be exciting im the x wr so its the toughest but the guy who went down was all american so hes been teaching me up

Del Rio Guest

If your coach knows your iffy (with the plays), then you should be fine. I'm sure he will try to make up for that in his play calling.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

First: use to learn punctuation. :grin:

Second: Don't freak out. Make sure you know the terminology and the plays, that's first and foremost. If you know them you should just let your natural ability as a WR do the rest. If you know where you should be it's about making the block on the run plays and on passes once the ball is in the air and coming your way the plays don't mean jacksquat. At that point it's about making the catch.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Just go out there and go full throttle, keep the focuse.. the composure.. and enjoy every moment of it. If you were playing on the defensive side of the ball I'd just say go out there like a wild animal and tear the QB's head the hell right off! :twisted:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast