Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Need Help With Your Homework?

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    Can you tell me how to do problem 9.32 in my AP Statistics book?
    Is that from the textbook The Practice of Statistics by George McCabe?? Cuz if it is, I can give you a hand with it. But my textbook's at school. So tommorow.

BTW Ultra, I didn't know anyone knew anything about graphing calculators. If you don't mind, within the next few days I'll PM you, because there are some things that I need to learn how to do on my calulator (I think it's a TI-83 or 84) that I can't figure out. I'm sure they're not hard, I just don't know where to find the specific functions.
    Hey, I usually go to www.ticalc.org.

Odds are somebody had the same question as you.

Let me know if you need any help.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Sorry that I might of not have been able to help anyone but if people could answer peoples questions on this topic I would greatly appreciate it.

Formerly Viking24

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Do like I always did in school......Pay the smart kid in front of me to do my work for me.....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    Any Algebra 2 help would be nice.
    I can help.

"mr.woo" wrote:
    i dont think so unless you can show me scatterplots over the internet
    Use Excel.

I am an eletrical engineering major and 90% of what I do is math and physics. I am not a genius, but I can do algebra, trig, some calc. and physics.

Also, I am a master with the TI calculators (I have the TI-89 Titanium) and Excel.
    Tell us something we DON'T know! :razz:

ZING!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Sorry that I might of not have been able to help anyone but if people could answer peoples questions on this topic I would greatly appreciate it.
    Nobody has really asked a question yet.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"eelpout72" wrote:
    "pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    How do I describe a hypercube? I need a description that I can work into a 3-5 page essay/story.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercube
    Describing a 4 or higher dimensional object is pretty difficult to do. But perhaps you can make an analogy to how a person in "flatland" might ponder 3-d space. Flatland is a book written in the late 1800's that is still popular in mathematics and science; it considers how an entity in n-dimensional space considers things in other dimensions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland
    This is exactly what we're suppose to do! We had to read "Flatland" for class. I got lost at the end (didn't understand). We're suppose to use all the math things etc. in the paper. How can I use what I don't understand? :cry:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:
    "pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    How do I describe a hypercube? I need a description that I can work into a 3-5 page essay/story.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercube
    Describing a 4 or higher dimensional object is pretty difficult to do. But perhaps you can make an analogy to how a person in "flatland" might ponder 3-d space. Flatland is a book written in the late 1800's that is still popular in mathematics and science; it considers how an entity in n-dimensional space considers things in other dimensions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland
    This is exactly what we're suppose to do! We had to read "Flatland" for class. I got lost at the end (didn't understand). We're suppose to use all the math things etc. in the paper. How can I use what I don't understand? :cry:
    sorry cant help as im not sure at what point in the novel you got lost but i think that one of the points of flatland is that it is difficult to perceive/understand shapes of higher dimensions than the ones we have awareness of. As a result, we normally assume that the additional dimensions do not exist.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Can someone help me with this math problem? Not the answer, just HOW to solve it, please. I know it's something really simple, but I can't see it.

"Imagine that you have a long corridor that stretches out as far as the eye can see. Attached to the ceiling are lights that are operated with a pull cord. Let's say there are 20,000 lights in a row. They're all off. Somebody comes along and pulls on each of the chains, turning on each of the lights. Another person comes right behind, and pulls the chain on every second light, thereby turning off lights 2, 4, 6, 8 and so on. Now, a third person comes along and pulls the cord on every third light. Another person comes along and pulls the cord on lights 4, 8, 12, 16 and so on. Of course some of these people is turning some lights on and turning other lights off. This process continues until person #20,000 comes through and pulls every 20,000th cord. After this person is done, which lights are on and which lights are off?"
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Can someone help me with this math problem? Not the answer, just HOW to solve it, please. I know it's something really simple, but I can't see it.

"Imagine that you have a long corridor that stretches out as far as the eye can see. Attached to the ceiling are lights that are operated with a pull cord. Let's say there are 20,000 lights in a row. They're all off. Somebody comes along and pulls on each of the chains, turning on each of the lights. Another person comes right behind, and pulls the chain on every second light, thereby turning off lights 2, 4, 6, 8 and so on. Now, a third person comes along and pulls the cord on every third light. Another person comes along and pulls the cord on lights 4, 8, 12, 16 and so on. Of course some of these people is turning some lights on and turning other lights off. This process continues until person #20,000 comes through and pulls every 20,000th cord. After this person is done, which lights are on and which lights are off?"
    Im gonna say none of them

lol

I have no clue. Im in 9th grade.

Anyone wanna help me with trig though?

Thank you Josdin for the sig

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Do like I always did in school......Pay the smart kid in front of me to do my work for me.....LOL
    I do that with a kid in French and in Math

It is a good system

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast