cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NC Wins

:cry:
    GBS
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    You sound a little sore because There is no way May Charged 8 times. Some of those you thought were charges were no calls in your favor. Powell was still moving when he got in front of May and that is blocking. So Powell should have been in foul trouble along with Augustine. And again Augustine chose to swat at the ball three times that were definite fouls so don't blame the refs for his lack of effort. You move your feet and get in front of the man and you get the charge instead he chose to stay flat footed and use his arms, that gets called all the time.
    And now you are saying if a few more threes dropped; was UNC responsible for the bad shots by Illinois too. And moving screens are in the play. The defender getting screened is right in plain view and only a few feet from the shooter. And the refs are trained to look for that infraction. And a foul is still a foul. You are trying to make it sound like a charge is much worse than a moving screen. A foul is a foul, there are no misdemeanor fouls and felony fouls. Neither one of those are flagrant fouls so they both carry the same penalty.
    I think you would be better off to say UNC won and You hope to see UNC next year to get revenge. Sounds much better and you're taking the high road. Rather than sounding like a whiner.
    The reason i think may had so many charges was because he lowered the shoulder almost everytime he had the ball, and the threes and augustine was illinois' fault, sorry i wasnt clear about that. And on the screen vs charge, i was saying that it is easier for the ref to miss an illegal screen than to miss acharge. It's impossible that they missed that many moving screens, but either way, i wasnt trying to say that they werent as bad. Besides, with how much of a pissy attitude i was in when i first started posting this topic, there's no way i can take the high-road now. And i cant hope for Illi to beat UNC next year... wont happen. Illi will be a 5 seed at best next year...

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    You sound a little sore because There is no way May Charged 8 times. Some of those you thought were charges were no calls in your favor. Powell was still moving when he got in front of May and that is blocking. So Powell should have been in foul trouble along with Augustine. And again Augustine chose to swat at the ball three times that were definite fouls so don't blame the refs for his lack of effort. You move your feet and get in front of the man and you get the charge instead he chose to stay flat footed and use his arms, that gets called all the time.
    And now you are saying if a few more threes dropped; was UNC responsible for the bad shots by Illinois too. And moving screens are in the play. The defender getting screened is right in plain view and only a few feet from the shooter. And the refs are trained to look for that infraction. And a foul is still a foul. You are trying to make it sound like a charge is much worse than a moving screen. A foul is a foul, there are no misdemeanor fouls and felony fouls. Neither one of those are flagrant fouls so they both carry the same penalty.
    I think you would be better off to say UNC won and You hope to see UNC next year to get revenge. Sounds much better and you're taking the high road. Rather than sounding like a whiner.
    LOL no way!!! most of the contact was instigated by him, and besides he got an and1 every flippen time anyways!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I hate UNC so much. It is impossible for me to like them so this may be a little biased. I live in NC and every single UNC fan has been giving me crap since they won.

Now-- back to the subject. I do believe that May did charge a lot but it could have gone either way like a blocking foul etc. THe problem that i had with the reffing was that so many and 1's were called with people guarding May. May may (excuse the pun) be good, but he isn't good enought to draw an and 1 every time he charges his fat ass down the court.

I have a lot of respect for Felton but would spit on Rashad McCANTS and Sean fatass's shoes if I saw them.

I just can't wait to see the entire team going pro.

UNC 2006 starting lineup--

PG- Quentin Thomas
    SG- Bobby Frasor
    SF- Danny Green
    PF- Damion Grant
    C- Tyler Hansbrough

Recognize any of these names?

3 of them will be freshman next year UNLESS THEY GO PRO. boy will next year be fun.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I hate UNC so much. It is impossible for me to like them so this may be a little biased. I live in NC and every single UNC fan has been giving me crap since they won.

Now-- back to the subject. I do believe that May did charge a lot but it could have gone either way like a blocking foul etc. THe problem that i had with the reffing was that so many and 1's were called with people guarding May. May may (excuse the pun) be good, but he isn't good enought to draw an and 1 every time he charges his fat butt down the court.

I have a lot of respect for Felton but would spit on Rashad McCANTS and Sean fatass's shoes if I saw them.

PG- Quentin Thomas
    SG- Bobby Frasor
    SF- Danny Green
    PF- Damion Grant
    C- Tyler Hansbrough

3 of them will be freshman next year UNLESS THEY GO PRO. boy will next year be fun.
    Just as long as DUKE doesn't win the ACC or NCAAs, I don't care!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:

Now-- back to the subject. I do believe that May did charge a lot but it could have gone either way like a blocking foul etc. THe problem that i had with the reffing was that so many and 1's were called with people guarding May. May may (excuse the pun) be good, but he isn't good enought to draw an and 1 every time he charges his fat butt down the court.

PG- Quentin Thomas
    SG- Bobby Frasor
    SF- Danny Green
    PF- Damion Grant
    C- Tyler Hansbrough

Just as long as DUKE doesn't win the ACC or NCAAs, I don't care!!! :grin:
    :grin: :grin: :grin: I agree!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

PG- Quentin Thomas
    SG- Bobby Frasor
    SF- Danny Green
    PF- Damion Grant
    C- Tyler Hansbrough

Sucks for you then. Sean may, felton, and marvin williams are all coming back next year. :grin: Add to them, 4 good freshman(2 of them really good), and they are definitely the favorites next season. May and felton are the keys to their team and they will be back.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

PG- Quentin Thomas
    SG- Bobby Frasor
    SF- Danny Green
    PF- Damion Grant
    C- Tyler Hansbrough

Sucks for you then. Sean may, felton, and marvin williams are all coming back next year. :grin: Add to them, 4 good freshman(2 of them really good), and they are definitely the favorites next season. May and felton are the keys to their team and they will be back.
    tell me truthfully-- do Sean May, Marvin Williams and Raymond Felton NEED another year????

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I am not sure they will be the favorites. As much as I hate to say it; it may be duke. If Williams and Reddick stay, they have two great freshmen coming in with Mcroberts and Paulus. They will be awesome next year to my dismay!!! Has anyone heard if williams or Redidick is going pro?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

GBS - of course he initiated the contact. Anyone driving to the basket initaites the contact. Every blocking foul is one moving foot away from a charge. That is the nature of the beast. The ref should call it one way or the other. In most of those cases the non call worked in your favor. Powell was never stationary on the one drive that the Illinois fans thought was a charge. Even though he fell on the ground that was a blocking foul and he got away with it. I know when you see a player fall after contact everyone thinks it's a charge but that isn't the case. The rule book states that both feet must be stationary and you are not allowed to lean your hips into the offensive player. But I am through trying to explain it to you. If you saw all the charges and none of the moving screens then all I have to say is the final score won't change. Carolina is the National champ.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast