cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

NC State Goes Lowe to get new BBall Coach!

Sources: Pistons' Lowe agrees to coach NC StateESPN.com

Pistons assistant coach Sidney Lowe has agreed in principle to take the head coaching job at North Carolina State, replacing Herb Sendek.

Multiple sources told ESPN.com that Lowe informed Pistons GM Joe Dumars and coach Flip Saunders of his decision Thursday morning.

North Carolina State offered Lowe, a point guard on NC State's 1983 national championship team, the job after the Pistons eliminated the Milwaukee Bucks 4-1 Wednesday night in the first round of the NBA playoffs.

Lowe said he will stay with the Pistons until the end of the NBA playoffs.

A news conference to introduce Lowe has not been announced yet.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NC State Goes Lowe to get new BBall Coach!

YESSS!!!

Sidney Lowe is the man. Former player.

And what's with all of the anti- NC state stuff cajun? Sheesh... I'm just glad we have a coach now.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    YESSS!!!

And what's with all of the anti- NC state stuff cajun? Sheesh... I'm just glad we have a coach now.
    Not anti...just razzin' you! :razz:

Trying to squeeze a few posts out of you, that's all...but I will try to make it up to you if I can!

One of my best friends from law school just moved here...and his wife is from Raleigh. She went to Florida State but they follow NC State sports as well. Her dad is the General Manager of the Chevrolet dealership that sponsors the NC State football and basketball head coaches's shows. I will see what I can do about getting tickets or something for you to an NC State game or event...heck, I may even meet up with you and your dad down there as well. Don't know what strings he can pull, but I figure that he can come up with SOMETHING!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    YESSS!!!

Not anti...just razzin' you! :razz:

Trying to squeeze a few posts out of you, that's all...but I will try to make it up to you if I can!

One of my best friends from law school just moved here...and his wife is from Raleigh. She went to Florida State but they follow NC State sports as well. Her dad is the General Manager of the Chevrolet dealership that sponsors the NC State football and basketball head coaches's shows. I will see what I can do about getting tickets or something for you to an NC State game or event...heck, I may even meet up with you and your dad down there as well. Don't know what strings he can pull, but I figure that he can come up with SOMETHING!
    Man, that would be awesome. My dad works there but the cheap university won't give him free tickets or at least a discount.

Plus my brother is going to UNC now so I get razzed all the time. :lol:
    Roy Williams this, Roy Williams that.

Oh yeah and speaking of law school, that's probably what my brother is going into at UNC.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

My wife went to UNC and pretty much converted me to a Tarheel fan. I don't have the bloodlust for State that most born and bred Tarheels do though. We lived in Raleigh for 3 years before I moved her back to my home town in Virginia Beach.

I usually make it to one State football game a year (Usually the State vs. UNC game) because a good friend of ours has worked for the WolfPack Club for years.

Congrats on the new coach.

P.S. Roy Williams this, Roy Williams that ;-)

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    My wife went to UNC and pretty much converted me to a Tarheel fan. I don't have the bloodlust for State that most born and bred Tarheels do though. We lived in Raleigh for 3 years before I moved her back to my home town in Virginia Beach.

I usually make it to one State football game a year (Usually the State vs. UNC game) because a good friend of ours has worked for the WolfPack Club for years.

Well, at least it's not duke. I just can't see my brother bouncing up and down like a popcorn kernel in that sea of blue clad idiots. :razz: I had to bring Ltrey and snowinapril into this.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Congrats PPE. I can't believe you guys came away with this good of a hire after that search. The last few weeks must have been dreadful for you and now you end up with a great coach.

[color=red]

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Well, at least it's not duke. I just can't see my brother bouncing up and down like a popcorn kernel in that sea of blue clad idiots. :razz: I had to bring Ltrey and snowinapril into this.
    Amen to that. Duke, I despise. This year will be great BB in the ACC.

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Congrats PPE. I can't believe you guys came away with this good of a hire after that search. The last few weeks must have been dreadful for you and now you end up with a great coach.
    I like the hire mostly because he is an alum.. well not really he never got his degree but he went to state. Apparently he was always the smartest player on the court. Maybe that will carry over to coaching.

I'm also excited that it isn't John Beilein or Steve Lavin. I didn't like either of them much at all.