Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    What say you, PPE?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2393517
    I don't care at all. He was a crappy coach anyways. Mediocre at best. I'm hoping that we can get laronaga, Pitino, Wright, or the texas coach can't remember the name. Most people in Raleigh hated him so we ran him out of town. It won't help too much in the recruiting aspect but I think we will be alright. Maybe we can get a coach that can utilize Cedric Simmons a little bit more. :roll:
    I seriously doubt that any of those four will leave their schools...your best chance is Larranega. Pitino might be a distant second shot, but Wright and Barnes (the Texas coach) aren't going anywhere (much less NC State, which would be a step DOWN for them...no offense).

NC State should look to the mid-major teams that have had success in the past few years for their new head coach...those coaches in the MVC and CAA (besides Larranega) that are tired of not getting in even though their teams have great seasons.
    The problem is that if we get a mid major coach it will be a lateral move at best. Wright said in an interview that NC State is a "dream job" and Barnes is from Hickory North Carolina. Lousville is a worse program than NC state IMO so I could potentially see pitino coming here but I doubt it.

What about Mike Davis? He seemed like an OK coach at IU.. :???:
    What do you mean by it being a lateral move for a mid-major coach? They would get the chance to coach in a better league...with the opportunity to get better recruits and more prestige.

Davis might be a good option...I don't llike him but he might have something to prove.
    I'm saying that it would be a lateral move for NC State at best. Plus if the fans ate Herb Sendek alive how are they going to treat a mid-major coach is he doesnt win right away? That is why I think we need a big name.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunvike
    What say you, PPE?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2393517
    I don't care at all. He was a crappy coach anyways. Mediocre at best. I'm hoping that we can get laronaga, Pitino, Wright, or the texas coach can't remember the name. Most people in Raleigh hated him so we ran him out of town. It won't help too much in the recruiting aspect but I think we will be alright. Maybe we can get a coach that can utilize Cedric Simmons a little bit more. :roll:
    I seriously doubt that any of those four will leave their schools...your best chance is Larranega. Pitino might be a distant second shot, but Wright and Barnes (the Texas coach) aren't going anywhere (much less NC State, which would be a step DOWN for them...no offense).

NC State should look to the mid-major teams that have had success in the past few years for their new head coach...those coaches in the MVC and CAA (besides Larranega) that are tired of not getting in even though their teams have great seasons.
    The problem is that if we get a mid major coach it will be a lateral move at best. Wright said in an interview that NC State is a "dream job" and Barnes is from Hickory North Carolina. Lousville is a worse program than NC state IMO so I could potentially see pitino coming here but I doubt it.

What about Mike Davis? He seemed like an OK coach at IU.. :???:
    What do you mean by it being a lateral move for a mid-major coach? They would get the chance to coach in a better league...with the opportunity to get better recruits and more prestige.

Davis might be a good option...I don't llike him but he might have something to prove.
    I'm saying that it would be a lateral move for NC State at best. Plus if the fans ate Herb Sendek alive how are they going to treat a mid-major coach is he doesnt win right away? That is why I think we need a big name.
    The NC State fans are gonna have to face facts...they don't have an elite program that will attract the top talent based on their name only...heck, even Duke got Coach K from ARMY.

What they need to do is look for an up-and-coming talent that is strong enough to look the alums in the face and tell them that a national championship is not going to happen overnight...and that they are going to have to weather a few mediocre seasons before he can put all the pieces in place. Heck, it took John Brady 9 years to get LSU to the Final Four...and LSU usually has the pick of most of the best talent out of Louisiana (except for Chris Duhon, that traitor).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12