Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    What say you, PPE?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2393517
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    tjohnson's Avatar
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    552

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    I wonder if Laranaga from GM will garner any interest.

    How do ya like them apples?!

  3. #3
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    Doesnt surprize me...NC state has had a few good years..I dont blame him

  4. #4
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    "tjohnson" wrote:
    I wonder if Laranaga from GM will garner any interest.
    I doubt if Larranega leaves...he is very well suited for Mason and the types of players that they recruit...don't know if he could or would deal with the pressure of alums at a bigger name school.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #5
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    What say you, PPE?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2393517
    I don't care at all. He was a crappy coach anyways. Mediocre at best. I'm hoping that we can get laronaga, Pitino, Wright, or the texas coach can't remember the name. Most people in Raleigh hated him so we ran him out of town. It won't help too much in the recruiting aspect but I think we will be alright. Maybe we can get a coach that can utilize Cedric Simmons a little bit more. :roll:

  6. #6
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    Who cares, NC State sucks!!! hahaha jk They just can't beat Duke!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  7. #7
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    What say you, PPE?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2393517
    I don't care at all. He was a crappy coach anyways. Mediocre at best. I'm hoping that we can get laronaga, Pitino, Wright, or the texas coach can't remember the name. Most people in Raleigh hated him so we ran him out of town. It won't help too much in the recruiting aspect but I think we will be alright. Maybe we can get a coach that can utilize Cedric Simmons a little bit more. :roll:
    I seriously doubt that any of those four will leave their schools...your best chance is Larranega. Pitino might be a distant second shot, but Wright and Barnes (the Texas coach) aren't going anywhere (much less NC State, which would be a step DOWN for them...no offense).

    NC State should look to the mid-major teams that have had success in the past few years for their new head coach...those coaches in the MVC and CAA (besides Larranega) that are tired of not getting in even though their teams have great seasons.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #8
    tjohnson's Avatar
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    552

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    Totally agree: it'd be a major step down for Pitino, Wright and Barnes. The only feasible choice out of those four is Laranaga.

    How do ya like them apples?!

  9. #9
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    What say you, PPE?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2393517
    I don't care at all. He was a crappy coach anyways. Mediocre at best. I'm hoping that we can get laronaga, Pitino, Wright, or the texas coach can't remember the name. Most people in Raleigh hated him so we ran him out of town. It won't help too much in the recruiting aspect but I think we will be alright. Maybe we can get a coach that can utilize Cedric Simmons a little bit more. :roll:
    I seriously doubt that any of those four will leave their schools...your best chance is Larranega. Pitino might be a distant second shot, but Wright and Barnes (the Texas coach) aren't going anywhere (much less NC State, which would be a step DOWN for them...no offense).

    NC State should look to the mid-major teams that have had success in the past few years for their new head coach...those coaches in the MVC and CAA (besides Larranega) that are tired of not getting in even though their teams have great seasons.
    The problem is that if we get a mid major coach it will be a lateral move at best. Wright said in an interview that NC State is a "dream job" and Barnes is from Hickory North Carolina. Lousville is a worse program than NC state IMO so I could potentially see pitino coming here but I doubt it.

    What about Mike Davis? He seemed like an OK coach at IU.. :???:

  10. #10
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: NC State BBall coach says SAYONARA!!!

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    What say you, PPE?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2393517
    I don't care at all. He was a crappy coach anyways. Mediocre at best. I'm hoping that we can get laronaga, Pitino, Wright, or the texas coach can't remember the name. Most people in Raleigh hated him so we ran him out of town. It won't help too much in the recruiting aspect but I think we will be alright. Maybe we can get a coach that can utilize Cedric Simmons a little bit more. :roll:
    I seriously doubt that any of those four will leave their schools...your best chance is Larranega. Pitino might be a distant second shot, but Wright and Barnes (the Texas coach) aren't going anywhere (much less NC State, which would be a step DOWN for them...no offense).

    NC State should look to the mid-major teams that have had success in the past few years for their new head coach...those coaches in the MVC and CAA (besides Larranega) that are tired of not getting in even though their teams have great seasons.
    The problem is that if we get a mid major coach it will be a lateral move at best. Wright said in an interview that NC State is a "dream job" and Barnes is from Hickory North Carolina. Lousville is a worse program than NC state IMO so I could potentially see pitino coming here but I doubt it.

    What about Mike Davis? He seemed like an OK coach at IU.. :???:
    What do you mean by it being a lateral move for a mid-major coach? They would get the chance to coach in a better league...with the opportunity to get better recruits and more prestige.

    Davis might be a good option...I don't llike him but he might have something to prove.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The State of PP.O
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
  3. going for state
    By mr.woo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM
  4. NC State Goes Lowe to get new BBall Coach!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 02:08 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •